Report: Commanders will release Robert Griffin III

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
How much would you bet? He used to be able to run the ball to get out of trouble, now he can't do that anymore. He can't run and he can't read
defenses...pass please!

What do you mean he can't run? You mean as fast as he use to?

LittleD

Reaction score
Seen some of his games live, Alright but nothing that made me say WOW.

Guess what...Romo didn't get invited to the combine and didn't get drafted... Wentz has all the tools to succeed with good
coaching, training and studying defenses with Romo. What's not to like?

texbumthelife

Reaction score
RGIII left this note in his locker after cleaning it out. I like it -

CYcxkfiWkAAbX1O.jpg

My god, this guy is a one man circus. Please don't do it Jerry.

LittleD

Reaction score
What do you mean he can't run? You mean as fast as he use to?

Right! He also has what is commonly referred to in Golf as the Yips... Not a fan in the beginning and not a fan today.
I wish him well in San Francisco if Chip gets hired.

Aven8

Reaction score
Kirk Cousins showed me that like every QB in the league not named Aaron Rodgers, when he has a pocket he will kill you, when he is on his back half the game, he will have trouble. He threw for 330 yards and a touchdown, from his back foot most of the time. His ability is light years beyond RGIII.

I am guessing you meant Derek Carr. I was referring to David Carr, the one who took too many shots in Houston and it broken him mentally. He was never able to get it together.

I loved Stanton coming out, but he can't stay healthy and is already progressing in age. Matt Moore is really not any better than Kellen Moore, if we are talking back-ups.

I actually like the idea of adding Hoyer as the vet, and then drafting one of the 3 QB's.

chicago JK

Reaction score
That note he left in his locker is weird. Seems very into his self. I am sure he has a lot of feelings and thoughts on what happened this year. But I am sure the team after a tough playoff yesterday wants to deal with something like this right now. Better to just leave and move on. This is coming from a Baylor graduate too.

jnday

Reaction score
I bet he would of won more games for us than Weeden, Cassell and Moore combined..

I hope that he never has the chance to prove anything in Dallas. Even if he does come to Dallas, I have doubts if he could do any better than the three QBs you listed. When the reality of his poor attitude and limited skills was exposed, he was one huge bust in the NFL and I don't think he has much to offer in the future. At least there is a chance that Manziel has still can pull it together and be a decent QB, but RG3 doesn't offer that IMO.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He didn't seem to kill Gruden?

Maybe it's the Shanny's who have the problem?

Could that be because Gruden shut him down and completely distanced himself from him? All signs point to yes.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So just because he is on a bad team and not the right fit you think this guys career is over?

What do you have to say about the "bad team" becoming good enough to win the division and make the playoffs once they exiled this guy?

He didn't forget how to play. Change of scenery sometimes is a blessing.

He never learned how to play. And once he was challenged to do so, the train went off the rails and he was sent to NFL Siberia.

And Washington got better as a result.

egn22

Reaction score
I'll go ahead and be the one to say I hope we sign him and focus on BPA in the draft.

He sat for an entire year, is fully healed, and can sit and develop behind Romo. The odds of landing a stud premier QB that will lead us to the promise land, with our first pick aren't great either.

I know my opinion isn't the most popular here but I've seen the popular opinion here be completely wrong on several occasions so I'm okay with going against the grain. I'll go on record as saying I think signing RGIII would be a good move for us.

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
Just say no. Not a good fit. JFF on the other hand. I'd take a chance on him.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
That note he left in his locker is weird. Seems very into his self. I am sure he has a lot of feelings and thoughts on what happened this year. But I am sure the team after a tough playoff yesterday wants to deal with something like this right now. Better to just leave and move on. This is coming from a Baylor graduate too.

Ironically enough, being selfish and wanting to do things his way is the theme that courses through every negative anecdote we hear, yet he is always the victim.

remdak

Reaction score
That note has been in his locker all season. It's not like he just put it there yesterday. However, he did clean out his locker and left the note behind. He will probably be just a one-season wonder like Nick Foles.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
What do you have to say about the "bad team" becoming good enough to win the division and make the playoffs once they exiled this guy?

He never learned how to play. And once he was challenged to do so, the train went off the rails and he was sent to NFL Siberia.

And Washington got better as a result.

Your not serious about the Commanders making the playoffs are you? This year was a fluke, I think I don't have to explain why.