Report: Rivera could become Dallas DC if Quinn leaves

Bluefin

Reaction score
Ron Rivera is a legit defensive coordinator.

If Dan Quinn leaves for Seattle or Washington or a mutual parting of the ways, would Riverboat Ron want to join Mike McCarthy's staff, which is taking on water and suspect to sink next season?

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
I don't follow Ron's defensive style, but I would hope if he takes the job that he can coach technique with this team to avoid the incessant games and stunts we used to get to the QB.

I feel opposing teams used this tendency against us in the run game, and expected us to game ourselves out a late run gap.

Also I would like another coordinator to implement a style of defence that controls the line much more than make the line fluid and shifting. I would prefer solid gap control.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
He prioritizes stopping the run. That would be a step up from relying only on sacks/INTs
People were enamored with Parcells and his conservative approach. Between James bulking up and Ayodele, we had 2 ILBs who played in the 260 range.

We could stop the run.

Middle of the defense got exposed in passing game.

When Parcells didn’t come back, the fan base was excited because Wade was more aggressive. He was willing to trade giving up big plays to make big plays.

Then we failed to win under him, people wanted conservative again. And we have done both cycles again …. With Kiffin. And Quinn.

Now we are wanting to get back on the conservative track. Apparently.

Give that a few years and this fan base will flip flop. Again.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
He could bring Leslie Frazier in with him.......they were teammates for the Bears