Report: Rivera could become Dallas DC if Quinn leaves

RoboQB

Reaction score
I'd rather have Jack Del Rio as DC.
Or maybe, Wink Martindale, since we're seeing all
this inter division coaching moves and rumors.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
I never called you a coward. I said that saying "no comment" would be the cowardly way. Huge difference.
Funny that you took that personally.
There is a specific rule posted amongst other rules for this site. Show me where it says an NFL coach is forbidden to speak on the topic. There's no such rule.
The initial point was that he was fined $100k for giving
an answer to a question. That's absurd and it was unnecessary. This isn't Russia or China.
I didn’t take it personally at all just read it wrong. It happens at times. I can’t take anything you say personally. We don’t know each other just disagree on this issue.

What kinda logic are you using? I never said a nfl coach was forbidden on talking on the subject. I said in situations like this it’s best to keep your pov to yourself esp when nothing good can come from it.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
What the hell does McCarthy hugging him have to do with him maybe being our next DC?

McCarthy is gonna have no say on who the next DC is ........ Jerry will be the sole decision maker about that.
Exactly................the only thing Fat Boy makes decisions about is should he get extra fries with his In and Out Burger.

RoboQB

Reaction score
I didn’t take it personally at all just read it wrong. It happens at times. I can’t take anything you say personally. We don’t know each other just disagree on this issue.

What kinda logic are you using? I never said a nfl coach was forbidden on talking on the subject. I said in situations like this it’s best to keep your pov to yourself esp when nothing good can come from it.
I think a lot of good came from it. Too many people are
quick to believe the narrative shoved down their throats.
Look at how one side gets treated compared to the other side. Speak against a narrative and they'll silence you.
Seeing someone stand against that is what is needed.

Only a scumbag would fine an assistant coach while
telling reporters how they're good friends for decades.
Despite your thoughts on the subject, you should be
criticizing the one reprimanding and ostracizing a fellow
coach and friend all in the name of virtue signaling.

Not to mention, loads of video and information have
proven that many lies were told about the subject.
Jack was right. Some of us knew it immediately.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
People were enamored with Parcells and his conservative approach. Between James bulking up and Ayodele, we had 2 ILBs who played in the 260 range.

We could stop the run.

Middle of the defense got exposed in passing game.

When Parcells didn’t come back, the fan base was excited because Wade was more aggressive. He was willing to trade giving up big plays to make big plays.

Then we failed to win under him, people wanted conservative again. And we have done both cycles again …. With Kiffin. And Quinn.

Now we are wanting to get back on the conservative track. Apparently.

Give that a few years and this fan base will flip flop. Again.
When you have great players like Micah, Diggs and Bland, you don’t need to be as aggressive in your schemes.

You need to force teams into long yardage situations and then unleash the pass rush.

Also how aggressive is DQ? I don’t think we blitz an extraordinary amount. But he always plays pass defense with personnel in the event the other team is passing.

Mannix

Reaction score
Because I'll get benched, dummy!
It's against the rules. I've made it clear which side I'm on.
I agreed with Jack Del Rio.
Put a microphone in front of me and ask my opinion.
I'd say what he said, only not as nice.
Run along now.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
My new bestie

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Rivera does a good Tom Coughlin hardass impression, but he hasn't coached a defense worth a spit in a while. Dude is past his sell-by date as a playcaller IMO. He needs to transition to a staffer role and help a better DC with gameplanning.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
My point about Jerry's age is I don't think he's waiting for a 34 year old to learn on the fly. He's going to go retread.
He tried the youth route with Garrett and Moore.
He sorta tried it with Kris Richard.
But all in all he definitely prefers the senior circuit and with this 1 year all in movement you can see him going out ot the old folks home for his guy.

Given that I am hopeful DQ comes back. DQ is about 5x better as a DC than Ron Rivera.