Report says Gregory not failed drug test almost 2 years

nathanlt

Reaction score
I'm not sure what you mean. Can you clarify, please?

Doesn't the drug program have something similar to three strikes and you're out?

If it does, and he had a new strike against him last year for a falsely reported missed drug test, that seems foolish that the Cowboys organization would orchestrate that false report.

glimmerman

Reaction score
We will see soon enough.

1 - If he applies to be reinstated he was suspended. Don’t matter if it was missed or failed.

2 - I seriously doubt The Cowboys would have done that. His last game he registered his first sack. He wasn’t injured. I heard the NFL started a 1 year suspension and that’s why he couldn’t play in the playoff game. No way we go into a playoff game without him.

3 - If he don’t apply and just shows up to camps then they did hide it for some reason.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Doesn't the drug program have something similar to three strikes and you're out?

If it does, and he had a new strike against him last year for a falsely reported missed drug test, that seems foolish that the Cowboys organization would orchestrate that false report.

No, it doesn't. Stage 3 is the furthest you can go in the disciplinary process. Gregory is either going to show Goodell he has corrected his issues or he will not play in the NFL again.

As for the false report. We don't know it is false and we don't know who the source was. We also don't know if it is true. We just know it was reported Gregory failed a test last year. He may not have. On the other hand, he could have failed 10 tests. We don't know and have no way of finding out.

What we do know is that he could have filed for reinstatement on November 6, 2017 and still hasn't done so nearly 4 months after being able to seek reinstatement. Why is it taking so long? That's the big question right now.

glimmerman

Reaction score
No, it doesn't. Stage 3 is the furthest you can go in the disciplinary process. Gregory is either going to show Goodell he has corrected his issues or he will not play in the NFL again.

As for the false report. We don't know it is false. We also don't know if it is true. We just know it was reported Gregory failed a test last year. He may not have. On the other hand, he could have failed 10 tests. We don't know and have no way of finding out.

What we do know is that he could have filed for reinstatement on November 6, 2017 and still hasn't done so nearly 4 months after being able to seek reinstatement. Why is it taking so long? That's the big question right now.
I was hearing that it has to be the beginning of the new NFL year before he can apply. Sometime this month.

I thought he was in the 1 year suspension stage. After that is indefinite suspension. He could reapply a year after then also but it’s up to goodell at that point.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I was hearing that it has to be the beginning of the new NFL year before he can apply. Sometime this month.

I thought he was in the 1 year suspension stage. After that is indefinite suspension. He could reapply a year after then also but it’s up to goodell at that point.

He was banished for a minimum of 1 year effective January 6, 2017, eligible for reinstatement January 6, 2018. Players are allowed to file for reinstatement 60 days before being allowed to return. This gives time for certain actions to be taken as outlined in Appendix B of the drug policy and have Roger Goodell make a decision by the time the 1 year banishment could end.

Gregory **could have** already been reinstated by now. He hasn't even filed yet though. He does not need to wait for the new NFL calendar year to begin. The delay in filing is solely in his camp right now...for whatever reason that hasn't been shared.

glimmerman

Reaction score
He was banished for a minimum of 1 year effective January 6, 2017, eligible for reinstatement January 6, 2018. Players are allowed to file for reinstatement 60 days before being allowed to return. This gives time for certain actions to be taken as outlined in Appendix B of the drug policy and have Roger Goodell make a decision by the time the 1 year banishment could end.

Gregory **could have** already been reinstated by now. He hasn't even filed yet though. He does not need to wait for the new NFL calendar year to begin. The delay in filing is solely in his camp right now...for whatever reason that hasn't been shared.
Maybe he got high and forgot.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
FO/Garrett/Jones haters won't like to read that.

Some recent posts suggesting the Cowboy would be counting on Gregory just make me laugh.
big dog....i put another platinum guarantee he would be back...my plats this year did take a beating i must confess

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
in all honesty....what is your "gut" feeling on 2018 year-end win loss record of Cowboys?
Hard to call without knkwikn what free agents will come and go and what draft picks we get. I will say that Garrett has a pattern of good seasons follwedfby bad seasons. I consider 9-7 a bad season, so I think a 14-2 year is doable. ;)

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
This source is equivalent to the TMZ source claiming the opposite.

Both are fabricated. If this source is right, it's because he did the calender math correctly not because he had some insider knowledge.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Don't know what will happen on Gregory, but if he is reinstated and gets on the field for us and starts getting sacks then all those haters are going to be lovers.
Yep.

Just like how everyone now claims they loved the Travis Frederick pick when it happened.