Reports: Marion Barber died from heat stroke

Pass2Run

Reaction score
And YOU want it to be CTE so I am calling you out for YOUR BS.
See how that works?

C'mon, man. The dude likely had CTE. Anyone with a working brain knows that.

Doesn't matter if he died of a heatstroke. His former teammates described his behavior, and given his style, that would seem to stem from CTE.

Still, I'm skeptical about this report. He had run-ins with law enforcement. And I'm just suspicious. Not because I don't like law enforcement. I do, if they're on the up and up. But from what I know, this specific department and those in the local justice system are not on the up and up. Like at all.

I'll leave it at that. But I hope someone looks into this further. I may not have been his friend, but I was a big fan of his.

First responders allegedly found his thermostat at 90 plus degrees and he allegedly enjoyed working out in "sauna conditions."

Sounds like his bizarre routine went horribly, horribly wrong.

I haven't found anything online that talks about this working out in high heat.

Working out inside his apartment with high heat seems even more strange.

Last edited:

Haimerej

Reaction score
I think people were tougher back then. As I get older I swear every year it gets hotter and hotter. Harder to stay in shape. As generations have went in they have gotten better at techniques to get conditioned without the heat. But you can notice certain teams have a advantage when you play in the heat or the cold they are used to practicing in. Has to be a fine line of danger and conditioning. Seeing some teams in the 4th quarter with hands on there hips.

Well, we lived without air conditioning for a pretty long time. It's only natural people would be more acclimated.