Respect is what makes our forum work

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I hope you will allow me a moment to remind all of us here of the importance of respecting each other as fellow Cowboys fans….

When each of us signed up to be a part of this great forum, we agreed to follow its guiding rules. Three of the most important of those rules are as follows:
#8 - You will not personally attack or insult other members.
#9 - You will not troll or antagonize other members.
#10 - You will not stalk or continuously harass other members.

This is a forum. Which means it is purposely and intentionally designed to provide an opportunity for all to offer a variety of opinions. Like all opinion forums, having one set of common views is not going to happen. In fact the variety of opinions are what makes this place work!

Let me make a serious suggestion for anyone who lowers themselves below the standard we have set for mutual respect around here: When someone posts something you disagree with, tell them why you disagree, WITHOUT THE NAME CALLING AND INSULTS. It’s that simple. You can say, “Here’s where I disagree…” or “I think you’re wrong about ____”.

If we allow disrespect, insults, name-calling, etc to happen around here, we are literally destroying this great forum. What makes this place work is not that there is one right way to be a fan of the Dallas Cowboys. This place works because we can disagree without trying to harass, demean or disrespect our fellow fans.

I love this forum and respect everyone who takes the time to offer their opinions- even those I disagree with. If we’re going to keep this forum great, we must all do a better job of respecting each other.

Jinxx13x

Reaction score
I hope you will allow me a moment to remind all of us here of the importance of respecting each other as fellow Cowboys fans….

When each of us signed up to be a part of this great forum, we agreed to follow its guiding rules. Three of the most important of those rules are as follows:

This is a forum. Which means it is purposely and intentionally designed to provide an opportunity for all to offer a variety of opinions. Like all opinion forums, having one set of common views is not going to happen. In fact the variety of opinions are what makes this place work!

Let me make a serious suggestion for anyone who lowers themselves below the standard we have set for mutual respect around here: When someone posts something you disagree with, tell them why you disagree, WITHOUT THE NAME CALLING AND INSULTS. It’s that simple. You can say, “Here’s where I disagree…” or “I think you’re wrong about ____”.

If we allow disrespect, insults, name-calling, etc to happen around here, we are literally destroying this great forum. What makes this place work is not that there is one right way to be a fan of the Dallas Cowboys. This place works because we can disagree without trying to harass, demean or disrespect our fellow fans.

I love this forum and respect everyone who takes the time to offer their opinions- even those I disagree with. If we’re going to keep this forum great, we must all do a better job of respecting each other.
Liked before i even read ! i read the title and smashed the like well said Bob.

I did read though LOL

GoCowboysGo

Reaction score
You’re one of the most consistent folks on here. I always appreciated that you follow the rules naturally, part of your personality traits. Thank you for the reminder, and for not making it a “call out” post.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Have you thought of directing this at the offending parties rather than calling out the entire group? I can give you one name that should have been permanently banned a long time ago but is still here and still violating all 3 rules you mentioned on a daily basis.

Good post just the same. Its unfortunate that adults have to be reminded there are rules that have to be followed.
It's just a gentle reminder to the entire membership. If it doesn't apply to you, then good deal.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Have you thought of directing this at the offending parties rather than calling out the entire group? I can give you one name that should have been permanently banned a long time ago but is still here and still violating all 3 rules you mentioned on a daily basis.

Good post just the same. Its unfortunate that adults have to be reminded there are rules that have to be followed.
Thank you. The discipline that is metered out here to people who are harassing members doesn’t show up publicly to all posters. I know we don’t catch all violations, but we do try.

Vinnie2u

Reaction score

thanks Bob. Words of wisdom. I’ve found the best way of dealing with the violaters is just to ignore them and don’t engage. After a while they get tired of talking to themselves. We all have our opinions and we’re here for fun. If you don’t agree just move on.

Trendnet

Reaction score

Trashing players and calling them names; like garbage, horrid, thugs, etc... - perfectly fine.

Anonymous posters, be respectful!

You all aint more real to me than the players are.

JBond

Reaction score
A difference of opinion sets some folks off. Just because some disagree with something doesn't mean we "hate" or are not die hard fans. It would be nice if people remember that.

Great post Bob.

ThatJerryKid

cowboys31
Reaction score

I gave you a like. Not because of your post, but because I respect you.....

Winonesoon

Reaction score
Just agree to disagree and if a post don't make sense only offer your take as a rebuttal. Making someone fell less important by a statement is very weak on the posters part.

This is just my Opinion but, years ago if everything was positive many said things like "Homer", "Rose colored glasses" , " un educated" and misinformed.

I think many go to the extreme at times to prove those statements wrong. It has lead to what we have now. Just keep it in mind or not while you are posting. After all we do have this team in common and spend the time to care. :)

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score

I read these rules every morning as a daily devotion before I post.

Beaker42

Reaction score

Amen

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

With all due respect Bob, what makes this forum work is the cowboys sucking every year. If they were winning super bowls , there would be nothing to talk about. :lmao: