Respect is what makes our forum work

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
I hope you will allow me a moment to remind all of us here of the importance of respecting each other as fellow Cowboys fans….

When each of us signed up to be a part of this great forum, we agreed to follow its guiding rules. Three of the most important of those rules are as follows:
#8 - You will not personally attack or insult other members.
#9 - You will not troll or antagonize other members.
#10 - You will not stalk or continuously harass other members.

This is a forum. Which means it is purposely and intentionally designed to provide an opportunity for all to offer a variety of opinions. Like all opinion forums, having one set of common views is not going to happen. In fact the variety of opinions are what makes this place work!

Let me make a serious suggestion for anyone who lowers themselves below the standard we have set for mutual respect around here: When someone posts something you disagree with, tell them why you disagree, WITHOUT THE NAME CALLING AND INSULTS. It’s that simple. You can say, “Here’s where I disagree…” or “I think you’re wrong about ____”.

If we allow disrespect, insults, name-calling, etc to happen around here, we are literally destroying this great forum. What makes this place work is not that there is one right way to be a fan of the Dallas Cowboys. This place works because we can disagree without trying to harass, demean or disrespect our fellow fans.

I love this forum and respect everyone who takes the time to offer their opinions- even those I disagree with. If we’re going to keep this forum great, we must all do a better job of respecting each other.

Well said! I catch myself in situations every so often here...not many...where I don’t agree or it’s getting contentious and the best play at that point is to thank them for their time and debate and move on. As you said everyone takes the time to log on because they have an opinion. It’s why I think the “hater” “lover” posts are ridiculous because part of every opinion has merit

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I hope you will allow me a moment to remind all of us here of the importance of respecting each other as fellow Cowboys fans….

When each of us signed up to be a part of this great forum, we agreed to follow its guiding rules. Three of the most important of those rules are as follows:

This is a forum. Which means it is purposely and intentionally designed to provide an opportunity for all to offer a variety of opinions. Like all opinion forums, having one set of common views is not going to happen. In fact the variety of opinions are what makes this place work!

Let me make a serious suggestion for anyone who lowers themselves below the standard we have set for mutual respect around here: When someone posts something you disagree with, tell them why you disagree, WITHOUT THE NAME CALLING AND INSULTS. It’s that simple. You can say, “Here’s where I disagree…” or “I think you’re wrong about ____”.

If we allow disrespect, insults, name-calling, etc to happen around here, we are literally destroying this great forum. What makes this place work is not that there is one right way to be a fan of the Dallas Cowboys. This place works because we can disagree without trying to harass, demean or disrespect our fellow fans.

I love this forum and respect everyone who takes the time to offer their opinions- even those I disagree with. If we’re going to keep this forum great, we must all do a better job of respecting each other.

"Hater!"

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score

Pretty nice post Bob. Here, all this time, I thought you were just another pretty face. Who knew?!

:laugh:

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
5Y9.gif

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
You run around this place yelling "Hater!" at everyone and you're lecturing others about hostility?

Holy lack of self-awareness, Batman! :facepalm:

Thanks for this. The simple brilliance of Bob’s post was everyone has an opinion and to respect it and we get what amounts to “except haters.” :rolleyes:

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well said! I catch myself in situations every so often here...not many...where I don’t agree or it’s getting contentious and the best play at that point is to thank them for their time and debate and move on. As you said everyone takes the time to log on because they have an opinion. It’s why I think the “hater” “lover” posts are ridiculous because part of every opinion has merit
And it’s totally cool when we disagree to just say what we disagree with without insulting someone.

Diehardblues

Reaction score

You have graciously addressed our fellow Cowboy Fans on this site. But what do we do about those posing as Cowboy fans?

DaBoys12

Reaction score

There are a hand full of folks on this board I always click on, regardless of the topic, and more times than not, with great posts, your one of them Bob, and this is another great post to add to your long list....keep em coming brother.

We are Cowboys Nation, we can disagree, but doing so with respect is what the forum is all about!

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I think you missed the section about everyone gets to have an opinion
No I didn’t miss it and I have no problems with different opinions. Again, for the millionth time, I’m referring to those who crap on anything the Cowboys do every thread, every post and every day. Those are the haters and they diminish the enjoyment of this site to a great extent.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bob...I have to admit...I'm a little guilty of being confrontational. I will change my ways.

Respect...doesn't have to be earned here. It's required.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You run around this place yelling "Hater!" at everyone and you're lecturing others about hostility?

Holy lack of self-awareness, Batman! :facepalm:
You beat me to it. He is one of the biggest offenders....suggesting even violence. (Note my comment above, I am not claiming innocence in this matter)

His definition of "hater" is "those who dare disagree with me".

Praxit

Reaction score
....Bah, ...humbug. It's your guys fault we haven't won anything in 25 yrs. ...;)...

DenCWBY

Reaction score
No I didn’t miss it and I have no problems with different opinions. Again, for the millionth time, I’m referring to those who crap on anything the Cowboys do every thread, every post and every day. Those are the haters and they diminish the enjoyment of this site to a great extent.

"I have no problems with different opinions"
"those who crap on anything the Cowboys do every thread, every post and every day. Those are the haters and they diminish the enjoyment of this site to a great extent"
Do you see the outright hypocrisy in your statements?

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
This thread is pure gold. It has all time classic potential.

It projects the essence of the Zone in the same way @Rockport posts in it, project the essence of him.

No offense intended. I enjoy the Zone, and @Rockport.

It is what it is, though.
:star: