Results aside - who is on the chopping block for next season

InPhiltraitor

Reaction score
Just like Nick Bosa and Zeke were glad to wreck their bodies for pennies and go the length of the contract, right?

giphy.gif
You know Parsons' agent has been leaving messages with Jerry telling him that he better pony up now cuz it could be real ugly later.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
Why do people think they have to pay Parsons next year? They're going to give him his 5th year option - he won't sign until before 2025.
You're right, I had my years wrong. They have to get CeeDee signed as he's going into year 5 but they already have parsons for 2 more years.

conner01

Reaction score
Gotta make room foe Dak, CeeDee and Parsons contracts

Pollard - not worth the 12 million price tag
Gallup - can be replaced by a rookie - 9.5 million cap savingsl
Kearse - not that good anymore and we have replacements on hand.
Gilmore - I would rather not but we might have to- Bland has to get better on the outside to make this work.
J Lewis will not be resigned
I don't think we resign Biadasz unless it is a steal. Center should be our 1-2 round focus in the draft.
Tyron's last year is voidable - what will they pay him? He is still a top 5 LT in the NFL when healthy - may take an injury discount but not much.

Demarcus Lawrence-he will be 33 - we have to find a replacement - could be a 2024 rework if we see a couple good years left
D Wilson- Loved him but has lost a step or has not recovered fully - not keeping him for a 7.5 million charge
You aren’t really chopping guys that are FA. I do think they could move on from gallup
I think Tyron will be extended
I’d love to draft a center though not in the low 20’s. If we are picking late I’d be for it if the right guy is there

Cowboys1966

Reaction score

Gilmore - I would rather not but we might have to- Bland has to get better on the outside to make this work.
I don't think we resign Biadasz unless it is a steal. Center should be our 1-2 round focus in the draft.
Tyron's last year is voidable - what will they pay him? He is still a top 5 LT in the NFL when healthy - may take an injury discount but not much.

Demarcus Lawrence-he will be 33 - we have to find a replacement - could be a 2024 rework if we see a couple good years left
D Wilson- Loved him but has lost a step or has not recovered fully - not keeping him for a 7.5 million charge
Overthecap.com. Interactive. Cap calculator. A great way to do this analysis.

krs1bro

Reaction score
Like the forums take for sure! My picks to let loose:

1. Michael Gallop - no explanation is necessary.
2. Duece Vaughn.....whatever the cap number is. Not on the 53 for sure!
3. J. Kearse - Dude is a complete liability when he is on the field. I'm confused by his play.
4. Whoever is the 4th TE
5. S. Gilmore.....train wreck waiting to happen. Going to burn us in the playoffs this year. Circle back......fact.
6. Lewis -don't know what happened to this guy.
7. Any player(s) that aren't cap friendly
8. LVE....love the intensity here but needs to retire, health risk to himself and DC. Thx LVE for some good memories.
9. Give D. Wilson another year but let him know he will be cut if there is no improvement from this year. Dude was a beast. Has he been hanging out with Kearse?
10. Just not a fan of T. Steele. Besides the injury, just seams to take games off. Another one to circle back on.......he's going to get someone hurt.

As always GO COWBOYS!!!!!!

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

A question for after the season.

plasticman

Reaction score
Cowboys have ten players that are 30 or older.

Did you know that Goodwin is 33?

Anyway, the 30 years olds will have to be worth the money to keep them.

This is probably the point in time where they need to be cold blooded about it and make decisions despite their previous contributions to the team.

Will Zack Martin be worth 28.5 million in 2024? Will D-Law be worth 20 million?

Should the Cowboys have two backup QB's making a combined 7.5 million next season?

Amarillofan82

Reaction score
I would trade Gallup for cap relief and a 7th rounder in 2050... lol... But seriously... If we can get out of his salary in a trade. I don't care what the Cowboys receive, it is worth it.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
One or both of Fowler and Armstrong will be gone. They are just worth more to other teams than they are to us. Here, they are deep rotational ends, but there are some bad defenses that might pay them to be starters.

Also, I would personally be in favor of releasing Biadasz, but I understand the argument for paying him too. Interior OLs are really slow to develop, so a rook would likely be unready in year one and a FA vet would earn as much as Biadasz anyway. Tyler isn't good, but he has gone up the learning curve and that has value.

817Gill

Reaction score
Too late to get a good to great RB. You get JAG’s in the 4th and 5th.
Just purely not true, multiple high level starters around the league drafted day 3 or later:

Austin Ekeler
Aaron Jones
Rhamondre Stevenson
Isaiah Pacheco

And those are just guys who are playing right now. There are many more like Chris Carson who had 3-4 really good years before tapering off.

If you view RB as the engine of your offense you’re stuck in 1980-90 football, but sure at that point draft a RB in round 1. But if you want to be a part of the modern game in which passing is the most effective way to build an offense, you can certainly wait until day 3 to pick an RB.

You just need a guy who can be a threat and provide balance. With a good OL and blocking scheme these guys are a dime a dozen. Why do you think they have issues getting paid and there’s multiple good ones drafted every year despite the number of high drafted RB’s declining?

If they needed to be drafted as high as you’re saying then they would be at a high rate and would get paid. Neither of those things happens lol.

starfan1

Reaction score
I love this!!!!! A rookie 6th rounder making peanuts makes the list???
I don’t care one way or another as 6 th rounders rarely make significant contributions maybe special teams

This gadget guy is going to disappear he’s of little use