Results aside - who is on the chopping block for next season

MajesticRey

Reaction score
I bring back Gilmore. I may be bring back Pollard on a one year deal and draft his replacement.
Absolutely not. Pollard has done nothing this year to earn what he will be presumably asking for (multi-year, overvalued contract for the twilight years of a RB).

What is better is that we draft either a Center or Tackle round 1 to replace Biadsz or Tyron/Steele. Then just draft a RB in Round 3+ and they will produce just as well. Even average RBs can produce decent numbers if your OL is dominant. 2014-2016 Cowboys are evidence of this.

As much as I was a Gallup fan, he is not the threat he once was. His contract is overvalued now.

MajesticRey

Reaction score
Cowboys have ten players that are 30 or older.

Did you know that Goodwin is 33?

Anyway, the 30 years olds will have to be worth the money to keep them.

This is probably the point in time where they need to be cold blooded about it and make decisions despite their previous contributions to the team.

Will Zack Martin be worth 28.5 million in 2024? Will D-Law be worth 20 million?

Should the Cowboys have two backup QB's making a combined 7.5 million next season?
Zach Martin plays at an All-Pro level every year and rarely misses time. However 29 Mil in one year sounds pretty steep for a 30+ year old lineman. I don’t think he’s cut worthy, maybe work some contract magic and just extend his cap hit over a couple more seasons.

Adreme

Reaction score
Gotta hope he bounces back.
At this point it is about the cap down the line. Yes you only save 800k this year but then the contract is off the books and you can find an upgrade to who has been the 4th WR.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Absolutely not. Pollard has done nothing this year to earn what he will be presumably asking for (multi-year, overvalued contract for the twilight years of a RB).

What is better is that we draft either a Center or Tackle round 1 to replace Biadsz or Tyron/Steele. Then just draft a RB in Round 3+ and they will produce just as well. Even average RBs can produce decent numbers if your OL is dominant. 2014-2016 Cowboys are evidence of this.

As much as I was a Gallup fan, he is not the threat he once was. His contract is overvalued now.
I’m not entirely aye I’d Pollards market is a multi year deal.

Creeper

Reaction score
The cap is a myth. I mean, certainly it exists, but it can be changed and manipulated in so many ways that any owner/GM who says it is a constraint is a liar.
Of course teams can do things to fit under the CAP but that includes not re-signing players, not signing new players, cutting players, and restructuring contracts, all of which impact a team on the field eventually. To say the CAP is a myth is a myth. When the Cowboys traded Amari Cooper, was that for the CAP? I think so. The CAP is a real thing.

EenonyMoose

Reaction score
I rest my case
Linderbaum has been a top ten center this year. No sacks given up all season, and I believe he's second in Pro Bowl voting right now. Biadasz is roughly a bottom-half starter in the league that you eventually look to replace. You can't seriously argue that Biadasz is better than Linderbaum.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Linderbaum has been a top ten center this year. No sacks given up all season, and I believe he's second in Pro Bowl voting right now. Biadasz is roughly a bottom-half starter in the league that you eventually look to replace. You can't seriously argue that Biadasz is better than Linderbaum.
Biadazaz WAS a pro bowler last year. Gave up 0 sacks last too. Crown him? Go in the corner

EenonyMoose

Reaction score
Biadazaz WAS a pro bowler last year. Gave up 0 sacks last too. Crown him? Go in the corner
So what? They still aren't the same tier of player. Dallas could use an upgrade at center, whether you want to believe it or not.

MajesticRey

Reaction score
He’d want it but I’m not sure if he’d get it. Like would he sign a 1 year deal for 9 million or a 3 year for 15?
If he’s dirt cheap we can re-sign. But usually guys like this leave hoping to scam a team into overpaying for an old RB in the wrong half of his career.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
So what? They still aren't the same tier of player. Dallas could use an upgrade at center, whether you want to believe it or not.
Not in round 1 which was my point. Linderbaum isn't close to what Frederick was "whether you want to believe it or not"

Tussinman

Reaction score
Why do people think they have to pay Parsons next year? They're going to give him his 5th year option - he won't sign until before 2025.
It's both. He'll get his contract next year (A 3x first team all pro player whose pretty much a lock for a 100+ million guaranteed contract isn't showing up to camp without an extension) but the significant cap hit of that deal won't be till like 2026

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
If he’s dirt cheap we can re-sign. But usually guys like this leave hoping to scam a team into overpaying for an old RB in the wrong half of his career.
I’m just going based on the market guys like Miles Sanders got and he had a much better season.

Stak78

Reaction score
I think they let Pollard walk unless he is at 4-5 mil per. I think they may tag Tyler B at center and then draft a replacement in the 2nd or 3rd round. Gilmore is a tough call. I think they go CB round 1, regardless but if the price is right, I think they try to resign him to a short term deal. Kerse is more than likely gone. They will also be in the FA market for a LB if any are out there. They prob draft one in the later rounds regardless. Gallup is traded or cut. Tobert and The other Jaylen will be our 3rd and 4th WR next year.
With Bland and Diggs already on the team you would draft a CB in the first round?