News: Retired Cowboys LB Comes out as Gay, Getting Married

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
I absolutely remember him, as far as his love life goes it’s none of my business.....
Copy that,,,er,,, and,,,just why in the Hell is it express delivery to MY front door IN THE FIRST PLACE?,,, Like I SHOULD CARE?o_O

khiladi

Reaction score
He was married before and had kids.

He’s in the Entertainment Industry, a TV commercial producer and has been in LA for years. His story making the news has more to do with that than him being a former JAG football player getting married.

He ‘announced’ his coming out and the marriage in a public interview just a couple days ago, meaning a publicity move. He’s been gay for years.

Last edited:
Reactions: BAT

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
He was a decent player but was always quite a knucklehead about something. He got into Landry's doghouse a few times. I remember seeing a tape of him singing a song about Jerry Jones after Jones bought the team to the tune of the Beverly Hillbillies. Bad career move on his part as he was cut the following training camp. I looked up the lyrics as I remember seeing them in Texas Monthly:

Well the first thing you know ol’ Jer’s a millionaire
The kinfolks said, ‘Jer, move away from here’
They said, ‘Dallas, Texas, is the place you wanna be’
So he hopped in his Lear and bought America’s Team

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
LOL - Greg Giraldo said gays should have to get married: "And - and if - if you had to be married; being married to a guy would be great. Could you imagine saying something, and having the words you said interpreted exactly the way that you intended your words to be interpreted? That would be a nice touch, wouldn't it? "Remember what you said ten years ago when we were driving in the car on the way to my mother's house?" -- "No." -- "Oh me neither! I'm a dude"

I've heard that hes funny

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Retired NFL linebacker Jeff Rohrer is gay and set to become the first former or current NFL player in a same-sex marriage, he revealed in a new interview published on Wednesday.

In the New York Times story, Rohrer, 59, opened up about his sexuality for the first time.

“I’m sure there’s going to be some people out there who have a negative reaction to this,” Rohrer told the outlet, adding, “and I’m fine with it.”

Continue reading:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...es-getting-married/ar-BBPIkp1?ocid=spartanntp

who?

Frosty

Bigdog24
Reaction score
Retired NFL linebacker Jeff Rohrer is gay and set to become the first former or current NFL player in a same-sex marriage, he revealed in a new interview published on Wednesday.

In the New York Times story, Rohrer, 59, opened up about his sexuality for the first time.

“I’m sure there’s going to be some people out there who have a negative reaction to this,” Rohrer told the outlet, adding, “and I’m fine with it.”

Continue reading:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...es-getting-married/ar-BBPIkp1?ocid=spartanntp

Cant figure out how this pertains to the Cowboys....

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
30 years ago this might have been a story. Not not any more.
I disagree.

The story now is that a guy 30 years ago had to hide his orientation.

To my knowledge, there are only a handful of players who have come out in the last five-ten years.

I expect that number will grow.

Status
Not open for further replies.