Revealing insight from Brown Sugar , straight from Cowboy players

MikeD17

Benched
Reaction score
She posted:I talked to a couple of players today, and I asked them what they thought the problem is with the team. One of the players said that he felt like it was KARMA, and I asked him what he meant. He said that he and some of the other players felt like them releasing Q this summer is coming back to haunt them. Take that for what its worth..

This goes with what ive been saying . Cutting Carter was cutting a foundational head of THIS team away. Here was a guy who was the captain of the team, who worked out just as hard as anyone who watched more film then anyone and he get cuts . I know he had issues with the weed, but they could of tried to work this circumstance in another way. Perhaps maybe benching him a few preseason games, helping him into a rehab for a few weeks etc.

I think from this statement alot of players might be thinking if a guy like Quincy who gave his right arm to the Cowboys and Parcells with his work ethic can get cut what do i have to do to please this guy?

I think it's effected the team in a very psychological sense, a morale sense.

This changing of figure heads on the team i think has messed with this teams chemistry and now this team plays like a team with no true idenity . Which is evident by the play calling and the playing on the field. Everything is out of wack.

Seriously I know I talk about this issue alot, but i want you to look at this objectively as possiable .

A Football team is based alot on mental confidence, Chemistry , and team morale and commarade .

I think Cutting the team Captain and Starting Qb who had been there for 3 years did some damage to this team mental image which is evident by our 2-4 start.

Then they bring in some Old guy whos never really won anywhere he went.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
BTW, you know I supported Carter when others didnt, but the only real argument I would buy would be that we would have won 1-2 more games with Carter because we would have ran the ball more and played a little closer to the vest because Parcells didnt like to put the ball in Carter's hand.

At some point we have to move on with regards to Quincy Carter.

- Mike G.

Irving Cowboy

The Chief
Reaction score
MikeD17 said:
This goes with what ive been saying . Cutting Carter was cutting a foundational head of THIS team away. Here was a guy who was the captain of the team, who worked out just as hard as anyone who watched more film then anyone and he get cuts . I know he had issues with the weed, but they could of tried to work this circumstance in another way. Perhaps maybe benching him a few preseason games, helping him into a rehab for a few weeks etc.

His "issues with the weed" would have eventually put the whole team in a bind when he failed a NFL drug test... the fact that he was letting his team down by putting a prohibited substance in his body is not lost on me... I don't know why you are so stuck on this guy anyway. You seem to have this obsession with a guy that's been gone for 3 months already... LET IT GO!!

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
I guess I missed where QC played defense.

Releasing him is not the cause of the crappy play.....period

He's gone.....let it go man

DMX6990

Reaction score
If Quincy wasn't such an idiot this entire situation could have been avoided.

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
MikeD17 said:
She posted:I talked to a couple of players today, and I asked them what they thought the problem is with the team. One of the players said that he felt like it was KARMA, and I asked him what he meant. He said that he and some of the other players felt like them releasing Q this summer is coming back to haunt them. Take that for what its worth..

I think from this statement alot of players might be thinking if a guy like Quincy who gave his right arm to the Cowboys and Parcells with his work ethic can get cut what do i have to do to please this guy?

This changing of figure heads on the team i think has messed with this teams chemistry and now this team plays like a team with no true idenity . Which is evident by the play calling and the playing on the field. Everything is out of wack.

Seriously I know I talk about this issue alot, but i want you to look at this objectively as possiable .

A Football team is based alot on mental confidence, Chemistry , and team morale and commarade .

I think Cutting the team Captain and Starting Qb who had been there for 3 years did some damage to this team mental image which is evident by our 2-4 start.

What is a foundational head? Anyway, the guy was a drug abuser, a whiner and a QB who sold out his teammates. Add in the fact that he wasn't very good and I say the team is better off without him. How can you count on your QB when he can't even stay straight when that is all he has to do to retain one of the most glamorous positions in the world? How much dedication can he really have?

BZ, count it. Another Carter thread started by a Carter fanatic.

VirusX

Reaction score
I agree. He did bust his *** for the team more then probably anyone in that organization. That doesnt excuse him using a controlled substance. Now to me these days that in no way warrants a release.

You'd think as a top tier organization like the cowboys would offer help and work thru it but we just droped him like a bad habit? Stupid move.

Did he ***** about not making enough money, no. Did he ***** and moan when the brought in 3 quarterbacks in 3 years to replace him, no. He took it like a grain of salt.

I personally thought he was going to have a breakout year with JJ and Keyshawn added to the roster. And Paytons 2nd year in dallas.

I understand punishment being envolved after a violation of that manner but a release is too far especially for the leader of your team who just won 10 games for you. (not by himself)

I think the teams moral changed as soon as he was cut and I dont think it has improved much. Bad move by jerry and bill a 41 year old qb isnt as good as QCar on weed.

But as we see potential stars being traded or released away instead of parcells doing his job and being a leader our roster becomes more and more diluted and now we are seeing the effects of it. Parcells better figure out what hes doing of Jerry might not be so "Cooperative" for long....

Jersey

Reaction score
I think they meant the "distraction" of cutting Q may have thrown the team for a loop. They definately did not lose out on talent with the move. He was NEVER going to win a super bowl for us. Thats just a honest evaluation of his talent. In the long run, letting him go will be the better move since it gets us closer to Drew, who WILL win a super bowl for us.

phdefense

Reaction score
Irving Cowboy said:
His "issues with the weed" would have eventually put the whole team in a bind when he failed a NFL drug test... the fact that he was letting his team down by putting a prohibited substance in his body is not lost on me... I don't know why you are so stuck on this guy anyway. You seem to have this obsession with a guy that's been gone for 3 months already... LET IT GO!!

Ok it's time to shed some light into your little reality. Do you really think the players think Carter made a mistake by smoking weed? Do you think Carter is the only Cowboy that smoked weed. The "mistake" Carter made in their eyes is that he forgot to take the masking agent after the fact. :eek:

MikeD17

Benched
Reaction score
dmx , you never ever smoked a joint? ok if not have you ever did something you regretted? made a mistake? did something implusive etc We all make mistakes, I think Carter made one with the weed. But i think we could of handled this circumstance differently rather then just cutting him . Heck I Would even go with benching him and putting him at second string for awhile.

I just dont think calling someone and idiot is really an intelligent response to this thread. Weve all done stuff we regret. and its not like Carter raped someone or anything , he smoked alittle weed.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
MikeD17 said:
Seriously I know I talk about this issue alot

bas_011.jpg

blindzebra

Reaction score
MikeD17 said:

A new low in ridiculous.

First Anderson was the captain NOT Carter.

Carter had more than weed working against him. He would whine at the first hint of competition, coupled with average ability and drug issues and Carter cut himself.

It would be interesting to know which players said this. As poorly as we've played, karma is a pretty lame excuse.

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
MikeD17 said:
dmx , you never ever smoked a joint? ok if not have you ever did something you regretted? made a mistake? did something implusive etc We all make mistakes, I think Carter made one with the weed. But i think we could of handled this circumstance differently rather then just cutting him . Heck I Would even go with benching him and putting him at second string for awhile.

I just dont think calling someone and idiot is really an intelligent response to this thread. Weve all done stuff we regret. and its not like Carter raped someone or anything , he smoked alittle weed.

Most jobs with a high degree of responsibility or requiring a high level of skill will fire you immediately for smoking weed. Why not the Dallas Cowboys?

I don't think anybody knows how much weed he smoked or if that was even the true reason for his dismissal. Could have been coke. Could have been that any talent scout in the league would tell you the guy was a waste of time. Could have been his "me first" attitude and whining about reps. Could have been his overall lack of talent. QB play was clearly holding the team back last year. This year many new holes have been exposed.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
MikeD17 said:

Mike, the issue is not who amongst us is perfect.

It's who has been thru rehabilitation clinic detoxes twice and still can't seem to get a grip.

I trust Q is getting the help he needs. With a franchise QB like Pennington in place, the Jets could afford to take chances the Cowboys could not.

MikeD17

Benched
Reaction score
Carter was also the team captain with anderson. Also id like more people to respond to the qoute by the COwBOY PLAYERS THEMSELVES as well.

DipChit

Reaction score
MikeD17 said:

C'mon thats BS. We're 2-4 because we got the crap kicked out of us by 2 of the most explosive offenses in football. Period. Something that would have happened just the same if Q was under center this year.

What next, ya gonna say that the reason we got blown out like that was cuz the D had no faith in Vinnie? Yeah right, considering it would have taken at least 4 offensive TD's to be competitive in either of those games and that we scored 4 offensive TD's in a game I believe 1 time Q's 30 starts, I dont think so.

blindzebra

Reaction score
MikeD17 said:
Carter was also the team captain with anderson. Also id like more people to respond to the qoute by the COwBOY PLAYERS THEMSELVES as well.

Which players?

Carter's friends?

Players who may be playing like crap, and pick the lamest excuse they can find?

Carter is not the only person in serious need of treatment, seek help to get over it already.

MikeD17

Benched
Reaction score
I Also think team unity was very much damaged upon the Carter release.

this team looks like its falling apart at the seams.