Revealing insight from Brown Sugar , straight from Cowboy players

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
OLDSCHOOL said:
Yes, that was the mistake if any, but you will not get any of the haters to go along with that.

One guy called him a drug abuser, " He smoked Weed" that is abusing drugs?
My uncle and the other soldiers in in Vietnam all smoked weed all day long. Weed is not a hard drug, it has been and will be smoked for whatever reason for years.
I had an uncle who's doctor prescribed that for him.
Irvin was more of a drug abuser by light years than Carter.

Once again, and I don't see what's so hard to understand about this, but it doesn't make one damn bit of difference whether we think smoking pot is immoral or not. It's against NFL rules, and it's against what the team asks of its players.

The rule could be against eating Tootsie Rolls or anything else, but if you ate them and broke the rule, you'd be in the program and on your way to suspension.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
BrownSugar said:
I am going to post one last time in this thread and ask that the moderators close it out after this, PLEASE!! I never would have thought that this would have escalated into a 9 page thread over that litte comment!!

First of all MikeD, I wish you had never reposted in a separate thread the comment that was made in another thread. I was not trying to call attention to that statement at all!!

I just posted what one of the players told me. I'm sure he didn't mean that that was the entire problem with this team, but he felt like it kinda started at that point. The player that made the comment had only played w/Q for one year, so he wasn't a "buddy of Q's", and the player was actually bought in by Parcells. If you folks think for one minute that Q's release didn't effect the players on this team, then you're sadly mistaken. Q had been here since 2000, granted a lot of the players that he had played with since that time have been released, but he still has been with a lot of these players throughout mini camps, training camps, and the season. Winning cures a lot of ailments, but we're not winning, so it makes a lot of the guys think about many different things, such as the Q release. This team does not have a good team chemistry right now, but how can they, majority of the roster is brand new.

Majority of the players, including Keyshawn, felt like Q gave us the best chance to win and go back to the playoffs this year.
Everybody knew that Q was just holding the position until Henson was ready, otherwise Henson would have never been brought in. But, we made the playoffs last year and these players were expecting to do the same thing this year, they weren't expecting to go into a "relaspe year" or "rebuilding mode". Some of these guys like Woodson, Coakley, etc., that were here through the 5-11 years are not going to be around when we win another Superbowl, and they felt that last year was a step closer to that direction.

It's not just Q's release, but it's AB's trade, Woodson's late back surgery, nonkey acquirements in FA, guys not playing up to their potential, etc. that are the reasons that this team is not winning. Nobody, including Parcells, can place a finger on the exact reason. Could it be because quite a few guys had the flu in the game Sunday? I don't know what it is, but they better figure it out real quick, because winning could cure all of these afterthoughts...

Yes Q let his team down by failing that drug test, but I guess the way they (the players) see it, he's not the only one on this team that was in the program, nor was he the only one that smokes marijuana on the team. And in light of quite a few suspensions of players on other teams this year being suspended for another violation because of marijuana use, and their respective teams keeping them on the roster, maybe they felt like Q could have been handled the same way. At least by next year, Henson would have been in the system for a year and probably could've taken over, and we still would've possibly made the playoffs this year.

What it all boils down to is that the powers that be didn't put the team in a better position to win this year. And don't think for one minute that this lies all on Parcell's shoulder, because it doesn't, Jerry is a huge key piece to the puzzle.

Anyway, I'm done rambling, and I'm done talking about Quincy Carter FOREVER!! And MikeD, you need to just let it go, I'm sure Q's perfectly happy w/the Jets and their 5-1 record, and we're happy that we have the future to look forward to in Henson, Julius, hopefully Mike Williams :D and 2 1st round picks.

Makes total sense.