Revealing insight from Brown Sugar , straight from Cowboy players

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:
I believe Q cut himself.

AMEN!

I can't believe it when I see people blaming Parcells or Jerry for releasing Q as the root of our problems. Let's say my company has a one-strike drug policy. I decide I want to do drugs and break the rule, which the company made clear to me long ago. How in the hell is it the company's fault when they then fire me? *I* broke the rule, and *I* knew the consequences when I did. Can it get more clear than that?

My question is, which player is this that believes "Karma" is responsible for the team's horrible play? I bet Jimmy Johnson would cut him on the spot. If you truly believe some kind of cosmic balance beam is what controls your play on the football field, you need professional help.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Jimz31 said:
I agree with you.

Drugs were NEVER given by the organization as a reason for his dismissal.

Could it not be just another move by the front office?

Quincy is still not, and probably will never be, suspended for 4 games.

Do I believe that drugs played a part in his release? Yes.

Do I believe that BP and Jones could have just been "waiting for an excuse" to get rid of him? Yes.

Do I believe BP brought BP in here to start? Yes. I think it was always in his plans. I think he would have done it last year if Vinny were available as I don't think he was.
Call me crazy but I never pictured Karma as being a drug lord. Vishnu would hang her head in shame at the mere suggestion.

[/sarcasm off]

Parcells wanted his guy. He got a look at Vinny in Camp and figured it was an improvement. It's really that simple.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
DipChit said:
But Carter was just another QB givng it a whirl.. no matter how hard he worked or how likeable he was..

Well, evidently not to his teammates. But who are they in the grand scheme of things?

We all know the the hard, cold, reality of internet opinion boards is where the battles are TRULY won and lost. As long as we say that Quincy's removal didnt mean anything on an internet messageboard over and over again, then it just has to be true.

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
Hostile said:
Call me crazy but I never pictured Karma as being a drug lord. Vishnu would hang her head in shame at the mere suggestion.

[/sarcasm off]

Parcells wanted his guy. He got a look at Vinny in Camp and figured it was an improvement. It's really that simple.

Yep. What you said.

blindzebra

Reaction score
InmanRoshi said:
Okay, you guys are right. Of course what's argued on this secluded la-la land of internet messageboard is reality, while what is actually going through the minds of the players is either fiction or a figment of their imagination. The players really don't miss Quincy. He really wasn't a leader on the team. BrownSugar is wrong. What was I thinking?

I'll now return you to la-la land.

Which players and how are they playing?

If Carter was a leader, who let the team down? Who took the drugs? Who complained about practice reps? Who, even with all the hard work, played average at best?

The la-la land is putting this on anyone but Carter. But shifting blame and excusing Quincy was a habit for many that appears to be a very hard habit to break.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab said:
I can't believe it when I see people blaming Parcells or Jerry for releasing Q as the root of our problems. .

Unlike internet messageboard posters, those "people" seem to be the only ones who actually have an impact on whether games are won and lost.

DipChit

Reaction score
InmanRoshi said:
Well, evidently not to his teammates. But who are they in the grand scheme of things?

What are you talking about? Because they have a losing record now? This just in, they stunk it up at the end of last season too, finshing below .500 over their last 11 games. Getting spanked by the better teams and only managing to find wins against the already-packed-it-in Skins and Giants.

Quit acting like this was a well oiled offensive machine before he got cut thats now turned into a team that cant score. They couldnt score for **** with him at the helm either.

Mash

Reaction score
IMHO....The players from last year are seeing things differently this year. Carter made a mistake....do doubt.

But he was our starting QB on a team that won 10 games last year. He practiced hard and studied film longer than anyone else on the team.

Parcells preached hard work...Carter did that....he wanted his QB to have no life during the season....Carter was in early and left late. Players see that.

Parcells brings in a few of his guys and some other character vets....and they recieve different treatment then what most players recieved last year.

Carter complained about snaps....wasn't shown enough respect. He was the starting QB on a 10 win team and Parcells brings in a 41 year old that no other team wanted and he splits snaps with Carter......I see nothing wrong in complaining about that.

Bryant saw the same stuff happening......complained....then traded.

Parcells spoke out of one side of his mouth and did another.

Carter worked hard....studied hard....made a mistake and was cut on a team that had a 41 year old QB and two young QB's as green as a pot plant ready for harvest. It sent the wrong message to the club.

We should of kept Carter as a backup

Now we max protect.....we don't play our best runners because "we can't trust them" on blitz pickups.....because we have no one behind Vinny

Why run thru a wall for a coach who doesn't back you up or give you a chance. Yet older vets...like Wiley, George...Ward....have shown nothing in performance but get a free pass.

Carter may never have the talent to succeed in this league...but thats not the point....what players saw was a guy who was dedicated to Parcells and his ways....did everything asked by Parcells with limited talent. Yet when Carter needed Parcell the most....Parcell cut him.....no demotion....no second chance.

But he later brings in other trouble vets.....

go figure......

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
InmanRoshi said:
Unlike internet messageboard posters, those "people" seem to be the only ones who actually have an impact on whether games are won and lost.
I guess you mean the players...

Do they all believe it? Is it a widespread belief among the team? Because if it is, they are one weak-minded bunch. You can't lay down because a buddy of yours gets cut. No wonder they're losing so much lately.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Doesn't really matter what we think....only matters what the players think. If they were indeed much more taken aback by that move than they let on in the public eye, then it does matter.

MrCharlie007

Benched
Reaction score
*** does Carter matter when henson is the future anyway ??? Carter and Vinny are both wastes of time. This really isnt even worth discussing.

MikeD17 said:
dmx , you never ever smoked a joint? ok if not have you ever did something you regretted? made a mistake? did something implusive etc We all make mistakes, I think Carter made one with the weed. But i think we could of handled this circumstance differently rather then just cutting him . Heck I Would even go with benching him and putting him at second string for awhile.

I just dont think calling someone and idiot is really an intelligent response to this thread. Weve all done stuff we regret. and its not like Carter raped someone or anything , he smoked alittle weed.

Irving Cowboy

The Chief
Reaction score
Mash said:
Carter worked hard....studied hard....made a mistake and was cut on a team that had a 41 year old QB and two young QB's as green as a pot plant ready for harvest.

Oh the irony!!!! :D

Good riddance. This team won 10 games DESPITE Carter... when will you guys realize that??

DipChit

Reaction score
wayne_motley said:
Doesn't really matter what we think....only matters what the players think. If they were indeed much more taken aback by that move than they let on in the public eye, then it does matter.

Matters how, then wayne? Cuz we might not win as many games as we otherwise would? Oh well. We're not gonna win the SB either way so hey if you're a player thats got a beef with Q being cut, step forward so we can give you a bus ticket too.

Course we dont know which players Sug is referring to.. for all we know it's guys that have pretty much zero bearing on the outcome of games anyway. And even if it were some starters I still wouldnt care because as far as I'm concerned theres only about 4 guys on this current team that I would really hate to see go if push ever came to shove. And I doubt those 4 are any that are or were overly concerned about the Q deal. Though of course I could be dead wrong. And if those guys wanna whine well then they can hit the road too.

zack

Reaction score
It's funny. Anyone that has played college football or any other team sport would understand this theory. I believe the cutting QC has made an impact. I don't care what half the board thinks about this. Truth is that when you are in a locker room, busting you butt, you have leaders and you look up to those people. Like it or not, he was a leader.

When they benched him for Chad Hutchinson and played the Lions I was at the hotel talking to a lot of players. You could tell that the players didn't like Chad Hutchinson and many point blank said it was BS what they did to QC.

Yes it is a business, but I think a lot of the players lost faith when Vinny became the leader.

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
Irving Cowboy said:
Oh the irony!!!! :D

Good riddance. This team won 10 games DESPITE Carter... when will you guys realize that??

Oh to have the days that the defense was scoring all of those points. I believe our defense must have set some sort of record for defensive scoring last year, correct?

DipChit

Reaction score
zack said:
It's funny. Anyone that has played college football or any other team sport would understand this theory. I believe the cutting QC has made an impact. I don't care what half the board thinks about this. Truth is that when you are in a locker room, busting you butt, you have leaders and you look up to those people. Like it or not, he was a leader.

When they benched him for Chad Hutchinson and played the Lions I was at the hotel talking to a lot of players. You could tell that the players didn't like Chad Hutchinson and many point blank said it was BS what they did to QC.

Yes it is a business, but I think a lot of the players lost faith when Vinny became the leader.

I respect what you're saying there, zack, but just out of curiosity you think they woulda lost faith had they made a blockbuster deal for Manning since he was an outsider and his signing came at the expense of the likeable, hard working, Carter?

KaiserSoze

Reaction score
InmanRoshi said:

I agree. Which players?

Perhaps Brownsugar can shed some light on this.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
MikeD17 said:
dmx , you never ever smoked a joint? ok if not have you ever did something you regretted? made a mistake? did something implusive etc We all make mistakes, I think Carter made one with the weed. But i think we could of handled this circumstance differently rather then just cutting him . Heck I Would even go with benching him and putting him at second string for awhile.

I just dont think calling someone and idiot is really an intelligent response to this thread. Weve all done stuff we regret. and its not like Carter raped someone or anything , he smoked alittle weed.

You honestly think Carter sat down with his homey and smoked one joint. That he just had some bad luck and got popped by a random. It was just the way the cards fell for him?

Your kidding right? He obviously was a chronic user since it was not his first time of just partaking of "a little weed" as you call it.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
DipChit said:
Matters how, then wayne? Cuz we might not win as many games as we otherwise would? Oh well. We're not gonna win the SB either way so hey if you're a player thats got a beef with Q being cut, step forward so we can give you a bus ticket too.

Course we dont know which players Sug is referring to.. for all we know it's guys that have pretty much zero bearing on the outcome of games anyway. And even if it were some starters I still wouldnt care because as far as I'm concerned theres only about 4 guys on this current team that I would really hate to see go if push ever came to shove. And I doubt those 4 are any that are or were overly concerned about the Q deal. Though of course I could be dead wrong. And if those guys wanna whine well then they can hit the road too.
Actually, we don't even know if this unnamed player is playing with a full deck or if his statement about other players is true...my comment simply means that it doesn't matter whether we think this is a legit excuse for losing or not....If indeed players believe it and are looking back to that move (no proof that they are), then that is what matters, not how silly or illogical it is.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
zack said:

I played college ball, had a similar circumstance happen on that team with multiple team leaders, saw them get disciplined, and the team moved on.