Revealing insight from Brown Sugar , straight from Cowboy players

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Call me crazy but I think I'm beginning to understand where he is coming from.

Carter was so bad that Parcells was forced to run even with that poor excuse of humanity Hambrick. That did allow us some sort of ball control.

So infact by Carter being just about usless other than to hand the ball off.(which I held my breath he didnt screw up) He did infact help this team.
Because he sucked so bad.

Nors my apologies, you are a genius. :rolleyes:

crazylegs

Benched
Reaction score
Mash said:
IMHO....The players from last year are seeing things differently this year. Carter made a mistake....do doubt.

But he was our starting QB on a team that won 10 games last year. He practiced hard and studied film longer than anyone else on the team.

Parcells preached hard work...Carter did that....he wanted his QB to have no life during the season....Carter was in early and left late. Players see that.

Parcells brings in a few of his guys and some other character vets....and they recieve different treatment then what most players recieved last year.

Carter complained about snaps....wasn't shown enough respect. He was the starting QB on a 10 win team and Parcells brings in a 41 year old that no other team wanted and he splits snaps with Carter......I see nothing wrong in complaining about that.

Bryant saw the same stuff happening......complained....then traded.

Parcells spoke out of one side of his mouth and did another.

Carter worked hard....studied hard....made a mistake and was cut on a team that had a 41 year old QB and two young QB's as green as a pot plant ready for harvest. It sent the wrong message to the club.

We should of kept Carter as a backup

Now we max protect.....we don't play our best runners because "we can't trust them" on blitz pickups.....because we have no one behind Vinny

Why run thru a wall for a coach who doesn't back you up or give you a chance. Yet older vets...like Wiley, George...Ward....have shown nothing in performance but get a free pass.

Carter may never have the talent to succeed in this league...but thats not the point....what players saw was a guy who was dedicated to Parcells and his ways....did everything asked by Parcells with limited talent. Yet when Carter needed Parcell the most....Parcell cut him.....no demotion....no second chance.

But he later brings in other trouble vets.....

go figure......

You sure spew a lot of facks about carters work ethics, some how I doubt that you can support even one of them. :rolleyes:

crazylegs

Benched
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab said:
Does anyone remember what the New England Patriots did just one week before the season opened last year? They cut a REAL top-flight player and leader in Lawyer Milloy. And when they got blown out by the Bills the first week, everyone said Bellichick had lost the team: The players would be too shocked and feel too betrayed to recover.

Well, what happened? They only went on the win the Super Bowl.

Apparently, players who are real professionals are able to put aside personal disappointments -- and the loss of a far greater talent than Quincy Carter -- to come together and win games again.

I say again, anyone blaming the absence of Quincy Carter for that fiasco we saw in Green Bay is out of their minds. And any player who uses Quincy's personal failure and dismissal as an excuse for the team's dismal play months after that day in training camp needs to be cut AND have his head examined.

"Apparently, players who are real professionals are able to put aside personal disappointments -- and the loss of a far greater talent than Quincy Carter -- to come together and win games again."

Hey, I think you are onto something here.

If the Pats lose a leader and they and their fans can more on, then maybe some of our Cowboys are loosers and can't move on, hence the fact that some of their QC fans are also loosers and they can't move on either.

Brilliant! :)

Reaction score
This is probably the longest, meaningless thread that I have seen on this site. Even poor Hos, who didn't want to get into it, got sucked in. We have got to win some games so this will never happen again! :D

blindzebra

Reaction score
The Carter clowns are consistent anyway, last year they over-valued Carter's play and downplayed the defense's impact on our record.Some things never change. :D

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
man. wouldn't that simplify things if we could attribute the team's poor start to one player? but how can we? consider the number of players carried over from last seasons roster. you would find an equal number of various and slightly differing opinions on carter being released. they would run the gamut from extreme pleasure to extreme displeasure. and with regards to the realease of carter, no minor cross-sampling of opinions could reasonably be assumed to be indicative of the team's OVERALL attitude towards it. the second i realized who the SUBJECT of this thread was - i couldn't wait to dive in and see if the usual gang of minnows were nibbling at the floating fish. YEP!

BUSDRIV3RDH

Reaction score
blindzebra said:
A new low in ridiculous.

First Anderson was the captain NOT Carter.

Carter had more than weed working against him. He would whine at the first hint of competition, coupled with average ability and drug issues and Carter cut himself.

It would be interesting to know which players said this. As poorly as we've played, karma is a pretty lame excuse.

Carter WAS the captain of the Cowboys, Anderson was the captain of the Tunaboys, big, BIG difference. They learned to win as a team with him, all Anderson did was bring a "guiding light" to the hudle. This was Carter's team and anyone that paid attention to the way the players used to talk about his leadership last year, knows this.

BUSDRIV3RDH

Reaction score
MikeD17 said:
She posted:I talked to a couple of players today, and I asked them what they thought the problem is with the team. One of the players said that he felt like it was KARMA, and I asked him what he meant. He said that he and some of the other players felt like them releasing Q this summer is coming back to haunt them. Take that for what its worth.

This says it all right here. But of course this is the last thing most people want to hear. Reality is harsh sometimes {04' Cowboy Season}, people like to put on blinders.

Thank you to both you and Brown Sugar for posting this though. It's what I've almost felt crazy all along for thinking, lol.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Wow, QC is gone and still being blamed for loss's ? I couldn't bare to read this whole thread...sorry.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
I wasnt going to reply, because this is definitely one of the dumbest threads I have ever seen on this BB...

First to MikeD, man it is WAY past time for you to shutup about Quincy Carter...NOBODY, and I do mean NOBODY in NFL circles has ever come out and said this guy was a good, or even average NFL QB...unless you just have some sort of man love :eek: thing for him I cant understand why you keep harping on this...the guy will never be a starting NFL QB again unless somebody gets hurt...you might start scouting CFL teams though to see who has openings, and maybe you can continue your Carter QB dream by purchasing an authentic Quincy Carter Tornoto Arganauts or Edmonton Eskimos jersey, once it gets in stores...I honestly have never seen anyone so enfatuated with such a LOUSY football player in all my life...I can understand those who cling to Emmitt Smith, Junior Seau or the such because they were truly GREAT players, but why so much caring about somebody as insiginificant as Carter?

Second, the idea that a player/s suggested to somebody that "bad karma from releasing Quincy" is the reason this team is struggling is proposterus...if it was said, it was probably said tongue in cheek and never meant to be taken seriously...if Big Bill had gotten wind of somebody making such a stupid and lame statement about losing because of that, said player/s would probably be joining the ranks of the unemployed and getting the opportunity to find employment the same way Quincy Carter just did, through the waiver wire...

David

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Chocolate Lab said:
Does anyone remember what the New England Patriots did just one week before the season opened last year? They cut a REAL top-flight player and leader in Lawyer Milloy. And when they got blown out by the Bills the first week, everyone said Bellichick had lost the team: The players would be too shocked and feel too betrayed to recover.

Well, what happened? They only went on the win the Super Bowl.

Apparently, players who are real professionals are able to put aside personal disappointments -- and the loss of a far greater talent than Quincy Carter -- to come together and win games again.

I say again, anyone blaming the absence of Quincy Carter for that fiasco we saw in Green Bay is out of their minds. And any player who uses Quincy's personal failure and dismissal as an excuse for the team's dismal play months after that day in training camp needs to be cut AND have his head examined.

Post of the Day...and screw dale hansen...right now you are the voice of reason. :cool:

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
MikeD17 said:
She posted:I talked to a couple of players today, and I asked them what they thought the problem is with the team. One of the players said that he felt like it was KARMA, and I asked him what he meant. He said that he and some of the other players felt like them releasing Q this summer is coming back to haunt them. Take that for what its worth..

This goes with what ive been saying . Cutting Carter was cutting a foundational head of THIS team away. Here was a guy who was the captain of the team, who worked out just as hard as anyone who watched more film then anyone and he get cuts . I know he had issues with the weed, but they could of tried to work this circumstance in another way. Perhaps maybe benching him a few preseason games, helping him into a rehab for a few weeks etc.

I think from this statement alot of players might be thinking if a guy like Quincy who gave his right arm to the Cowboys and Parcells with his work ethic can get cut what do i have to do to please this guy?

I think it's effected the team in a very psychological sense, a morale sense.

This changing of figure heads on the team i think has messed with this teams chemistry and now this team plays like a team with no true idenity . Which is evident by the play calling and the playing on the field. Everything is out of wack.

Seriously I know I talk about this issue alot, but i want you to look at this objectively as possiable .

A Football team is based alot on mental confidence, Chemistry , and team morale and commarade .

I think Cutting the team Captain and Starting Qb who had been there for 3 years did some damage to this team mental image which is evident by our 2-4 start.

Then they bring in some Old guy whos never really won anywhere he went.

Where was this post when we were 2-1 ?

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
MinnesotaCowboy said:
This is probably the longest, meaningless thread that I have seen on this site. Even poor Hos, who didn't want to get into it, got sucked in. We have got to win some games so this will never happen again! :D

Yes long and meaningless...a prime example of those that just can not let things go.

On a side note...do not feel sorry for "Poor Hos"....he loves these QC debates.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
100,000 posters post an internet messageboard could post that the entire concept is completely ridiculous is still < the 1 player who actually plays with the Cowboys who actually has a part in whether games or won and lost.

BrownSugar

One Classy Lady
Reaction score
I am going to post one last time in this thread and ask that the moderators close it out after this, PLEASE!! I never would have thought that this would have escalated into a 9 page thread over that litte comment!!

First of all MikeD, I wish you had never reposted in a separate thread the comment that was made in another thread. I was not trying to call attention to that statement at all!!

I just posted what one of the players told me. I'm sure he didn't mean that that was the entire problem with this team, but he felt like it kinda started at that point. The player that made the comment had only played w/Q for one year, so he wasn't a "buddy of Q's", and the player was actually bought in by Parcells. If you folks think for one minute that Q's release didn't effect the players on this team, then you're sadly mistaken. Q had been here since 2000, granted a lot of the players that he had played with since that time have been released, but he still has been with a lot of these players throughout mini camps, training camps, and the season. Winning cures a lot of ailments, but we're not winning, so it makes a lot of the guys think about many different things, such as the Q release. This team does not have a good team chemistry right now, but how can they, majority of the roster is brand new.

Majority of the players, including Keyshawn, felt like Q gave us the best chance to win and go back to the playoffs this year.
Everybody knew that Q was just holding the position until Henson was ready, otherwise Henson would have never been brought in. But, we made the playoffs last year and these players were expecting to do the same thing this year, they weren't expecting to go into a "relaspe year" or "rebuilding mode". Some of these guys like Woodson, Coakley, etc., that were here through the 5-11 years are not going to be around when we win another Superbowl, and they felt that last year was a step closer to that direction.

It's not just Q's release, but it's AB's trade, Woodson's late back surgery, nonkey acquirements in FA, guys not playing up to their potential, etc. that are the reasons that this team is not winning. Nobody, including Parcells, can place a finger on the exact reason. Could it be because quite a few guys had the flu in the game Sunday? I don't know what it is, but they better figure it out real quick, because winning could cure all of these afterthoughts...

Yes Q let his team down by failing that drug test, but I guess the way they (the players) see it, he's not the only one on this team that was in the program, nor was he the only one that smokes marijuana on the team. And in light of quite a few suspensions of players on other teams this year being suspended for another violation because of marijuana use, and their respective teams keeping them on the roster, maybe they felt like Q could have been handled the same way. At least by next year, Henson would have been in the system for a year and probably could've taken over, and we still would've possibly made the playoffs this year.

What it all boils down to is that the powers that be didn't put the team in a better position to win this year. And don't think for one minute that this lies all on Parcell's shoulder, because it doesn't, Jerry is a huge key piece to the puzzle.

Anyway, I'm done rambling, and I'm done talking about Quincy Carter FOREVER!! And MikeD, you need to just let it go, I'm sure Q's perfectly happy w/the Jets and their 5-1 record, and we're happy that we have the future to look forward to in Henson, Julius, hopefully Mike Williams :D and 2 1st round picks.

4lifecowboy

Reaction score
InmanRoshi said:
100,000 posters post an internet messageboard could post that the entire concept is completely ridiculous is still < the 1 player who actually plays with the Cowboys who actually has a part in whether games or won and lost.

Karma is when you feel you like you get what you deserve for some wrong doing you may have done. So if the players believe in karma that is a mental hurdle that could effect either side of the ball. It was never publicly stated why Carter was cut, so all from us is just speculation.

OLDSCHOOL

Reaction score
phdefense said:
Ok it's time to shed some light into your little reality. Do you really think the players think Carter made a mistake by smoking weed? Do you think Carter is the only Cowboy that smoked weed. The "mistake" Carter made in their eyes is that he forgot to take the masking agent after the fact. :eek:

Yes, that was the mistake if any, but you will not get any of the haters to go along with that.

One guy called him a drug abuser, " He smoked Weed" that is abusing drugs?
My uncle and the other soldiers in in Vietnam all smoked weed all day long. Weed is not a hard drug, it has been and will be smoked for whatever reason for years.
I had an uncle who's doctor prescribed that for him.
Irvin was more of a drug abuser by light years than Carter.

OLDSCHOOL

Reaction score
Carter was better than many in here would give him props for. He was on his way to have a great season.
We would not be at 2-4 right now, but at 6-0.