Revealing insight from Brown Sugar , straight from Cowboy players

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
RW31 said:
Is anyone else tired of seeing the q supporters ignore QC's level of play into their arguments?

Its been that way since day one with carter. For whatever reason.

So far he has ons snapp this season and he fumbled it. Go figure. :rolleyes:

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Does anyone remember what the New England Patriots did just one week before the season opened last year? They cut a REAL top-flight player and leader in Lawyer Milloy. And when they got blown out by the Bills the first week, everyone said Bellichick had lost the team: The players would be too shocked and feel too betrayed to recover.

Well, what happened? They only went on the win the Super Bowl.

Apparently, players who are real professionals are able to put aside personal disappointments -- and the loss of a far greater talent than Quincy Carter -- to come together and win games again.

I say again, anyone blaming the absence of Quincy Carter for that fiasco we saw in Green Bay is out of their minds. And any player who uses Quincy's personal failure and dismissal as an excuse for the team's dismal play months after that day in training camp needs to be cut AND have his head examined.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab said:
Does anyone remember what the New England Patriots did just one week before the season opened last year? They cut a REAL top-flight player and leader in Lawyer Milloy. And when they got blown out by the Bills the first week, everyone said Bellichick had lost the team: The players would be too shocked and feel too betrayed to recover.

Apparently, players who are real professionals are able to put aside personal disappointments -- and the loss of a far greater talent than Quincy Carter -- to come together and win games again.

I say again, anyone blaming the absence of Quincy Carter for that fiasco we saw in Green Bay is out of their minds. And any player who uses Quincy's personal failure and dismissal as an excuse for the team's dismal play months after that day in training camp needs to be cut AND have his head examined.

absolutely......

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab said:

Those are great points, not to mention players of Carters abilities get cut every season. Hard to arguee but Im guessing not for some. :)

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Dave_in-NC said:
Those are great points, not to mention players of Carters abilities get cut every season. Hard to arguee but Im guessing not for some. :)

Pats cut a cap adverse vet - and it worked.

We cut a Cap friendly young QB for a Vet , and that story is documented.

5-1
2-4

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
Nors said:

5-1
2-4

Not to mention that the Pats just have better players all around and their system is already in place.

What we did was bring in guys that weren't in this system, at least recently, and have them starting.

BTW, I haven't heard how Lawyer Milloy's name being mentioned too much this year, but then again, I haven't been watching for it either.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Nors said:

5-1
2-4
Nors, if you are attributing our record to the release of Q, or the "karma' arising from it, I feel for you.

You have finally, completely gone over the edge. :p

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
RW31 said:
Is anyone else tired of seeing the q supporters ignore QC's level of play into their arguments?
Hey, what the hell happened to your avatar? That thing was awesome.

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
Hey, we cut a QB who won 3 Superbowls....didn't WANT to retire.....and now we have an even OLDER one at the helm.

This just gets more and more depressing.

We also cut a RB 2 years ago.....haven't "really" found his replacement yet.....and he's already got 2 100 yard rushing games this year as well as 5 TD's I believe.

$%^#, where's my gun! :mad:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
MikeD17 said:
i really liked what rack had to say. also imani roshi and nors, motley.

RACK SAID ANYONE WHOS PLAYED COLLEGE SPORTS OR PRO KNOWS HOW CUTTING A TEAM LEADER CAN EFFECT THE TEAM.

I think people totally underestimate the importance of this statement .

There's little team unity, little chemistry and little morale on this team .

Roy williams said it himself .this week , we got to keep it together , or we'll be playing for kicks soon . this team is falling apart at the seams . and i think it makes perfect logical sense to assume the cutting of the team captian , starting qb and team leader has throw this team off a bit.

despite what weve been told....i think the cutting of carter hasnt sat to well with many of the players.

which the brown sugar info clearly indicates. you people can deny the evidence all you want, BUT YOU DONT KNOW THIS TEAM BETTER THEN THE ACTUAL PLAYERS SO GIVE ME A BREAK.

so many of you are caught up with stats.. and it seems its all you look at . the qb position involves so much more then that. its about leadership, confidence, able to direct a team, able to relate to the players and make them respond.
Zack, not Rack.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Jimz31 said:
Hey, we cut a QB who won 3 Superbowls....didn't WANT to retire.....and now we have an even OLDER one at the helm.

This just gets more and more depressing.

We also cut a RB 2 years ago.....haven't "really" found his replacement yet.....and he's already got 2 100 yard rushing games this year as well as 5 TD's I believe.

$%^#, where's my gun! :mad:
Good post.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Hostile said:
Hey, what the hell happened to your avatar? That thing was awesome.
Since he started using it, so many babes were hitting on him, pestering him with IMs, he couldn't get his homework done. It had to go.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
Nors, if you are attributing our record to the release of Q, or the "karma' arising from it, I feel for you.

You have finally, completely gone over the edge. :p

In the face of this factual collapse. I'll leave it up to you to figure out what has caused this collapse. Please report back why a 5-1 team last year is 2-4.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab said:

Right on the money.

Players get waived all the time and teams have to go on.

If we have players who can't recover from someone's waiver then they are in the wrong business. They need to be pacifier models or diapers salesmen.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
MikeD17 said:
Cutting Carter was cutting a foundational head of THIS team away. Here was a guy who was the captain of the team, who worked out just as hard as anyone who watched more film then anyone and he get cuts . I know he had issues with the weed, but they could of tried to work this circumstance in another way. Perhaps maybe benching him a few preseason games, helping him into a rehab for a few weeks etc.
Mike, I hear what you're saying but you have to understand that Quincy let this team down (not the other way around). Bill didn't want to let him go. We invested a full year in the kid's development. He was poised for a breakthrough year. Vinny was never supposed to start, he was brought in as a mentor and an insurance policy.

I liked Quincy, was a "Q" fan I guess you could say. But he abused drugs, not once but multiple times and in doing so he let the team and the fans down. No use crying over spilled milk.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Nors said:
In the face of this factual collapse. I'll leave it up to you to figure out what has caused this collapse. Please report back why a 5-1 team last year is 2-4.
I'll take how many points is the defense giving up for $1000 Alex.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
Since he started using it, so many babes were hitting on him, pestering him with IMs, he couldn't get his homework done. It had to go.
That stinks. Rabid women. :eek:

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Nors said:
Dear lord, read the board.
It's not like our last six in 03 we went 5-1.

DLK150

The Quiet Man
Reaction score
Nors said:
Why did that same team finish 5-5 and then get their behinds handed to them in the first round of the playoffs with Mr. Wonderful at the helm? Shouldn't a team improve over the course of a season rather than regress, as they become more comfortable with the system that's been put in place?