Rewatched the Seattle playoff game

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Yup. With each running play our odds of winning improved. He was hitting deep balls whenever he wanted. Terribly called game.
Coaching Matters. Thank you Seattle coaching staff for having your best player hand off play after play after play.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
the rams playoff loss was all on the coaches when u allow 273 yards rushing something is truly wrong with your coaches
except for linehan , dallas will still have the same coaches and HC.
So despite having a good roster, I dont see them getting past div round.

Here is a thought and question, if say dallas did make it to SB and had to play NE, do you think bellichek could shut down
dallas like he did the rams??????
We will get a preview since they play in reg season.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score

Here is a thought and question, if say dallas did make it to SB and had to play NE, do you think bellichek could shut down
That is a scary thought. Garrett vs Belicheat. Hopefully, by then Moore would have enough control of the Offense to do his own thing. We know Belicheat will want to take away our #1 option, so we better be willing and able to pass or run. If we are predictable we’ll get our butts kicked.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score

Dak won't fold under pressure like Goff.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Not true! The week before we played the #1 running team in the league, Seattle, and shut their run game down. We had a top 5 run defense last year. The Rams knew what what we were doing pre snap and the coaches on defense did not adjust. Our Offensive and Defensive coaches got out coached by the Rams. Then in the Super Bowl the Rams got out coached by Belicheat.

Coaching Matters a lot! We have the talent, that if our coaches put our players in position to make plays, we can win the Super Bowl this coming season!!!

Agree coaching matters alot but players being about to control there man and out physical them matters. Look at our 90's OL back in the day before the BIG E accident. They could careless about the D scheme because with ES they were going to pound you man on man and you could not stop it. That was brute force man whipping there man heads up and I know that because my brother said there D for the niners could not handle those guys.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
You had to re-watch the Seattle game for that?

These points have been true for 3 years.

skinsscalper

Reaction score
Good points, except are you saying Brown is useless based on 1 play? Then many players can fall into that category as useless based on 1 play.
go back since he has been here, and look on his entire body of work, though limited. Linehan limits many players. Though it will be some tough TC competition, he will need to step up and prove he still belongs, as will his competing fellow WR's in Wilson and Guyton and Reggie Smith if he is 100% recovered.
I still think Brown is more suited to a Shannon Sharpe type of TE role. No, I'm not saying Brown is Sharpe but Sharpe was nothing more than an over sized WR playing from the TE position. I think Brown would thrive in that capacity.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
But as far as that rams game

If you’re getting dominated like that you just tell the defensive lineman to cut the offensive line at their knees if they fire forward off the ball that was only 1 lineman is against 3 linebackers and a running back and that should work

Then you mix it up and 2 gap That keeps the oline guessing and hesitant to make a move thus stifling the offense

I’m about sick of other teams knowing exactly what we’re doing

I wonder how our coaches would play a game of poker
basically you are saying the DL didn't adjust during the game and kept doing the same thing and it didn't work.

ghst187

Reaction score

That’s like asking who’d win a fist fight between Thanos and mr burns
Or a chess match between Bobby fisher and and a bag of Doritos

exciter

Reaction score
A few observations...
1) Russell Wilson is good, always liked him even back to college but him being the highest paid QB in the league is laughable. Just silliness
2) we have way more talent than what shows up on game day, massive underachievers. There shouldn’t be anyone we play that should scare us talent wise
3) our defense has quite a few good to very good players but we still get zero turnovers, our pass rush was also barely existent
4) Noah Brown is useless but that was a massive PI no call that almost turned the game
5) Tavon is exactly what I’ve always wanted in a kick returner and gadget guy, minus the injuries, hope we use him next year. Two huge returns although one was called back, he’s a weapon.
6) Dak doesn’t see the whole field really well. I think we can win with him but I hope Kellen has some innovation for our offense, we never surprise anyone
7) Zeke is one the best players in football, but I swear we only have like 8 different plays
8) Gallup and Cooper could be dynamite duo rap if we mix it up (that word innovation again) with some Austin/Pollard stuff and let Dak fling it a bit downfield.
9) our offense should put up 28+ pts per game next year or something is wrong scheme wise....with fbeard and Austin back, Gallup and Cooper in their second year here...we should be ripping off yards constantly.
10) for what we paid, we better see more from Tank than what we did at the end of last season, I know he was injured, but we need more pressure
They're obviously going long on the offensive line next year. That most likely means they're going short at wide receiver. Cooper, Gallup, and Cobb are locks. Hurns can play all 3 wr positions. They really liked the Wilson kid last offseason and he can play both outside spots. Dont really see the room to keep a wr that can't actually play wr or even stay on the field, especially considering they took the Pollard kid in part for returns. Even the Guyton kid who has 4.36 speed has more upside than Austin at this point. Think his greatest value at this point is training camp trade bait!

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
No.

Rams defensive collapse was all on Marinelli.

Anytime you give up 273 yards rushing then you have problems with your game plan and scheme.

Do NOT allow Marinelli to skate on another defensive collapse in a playoff loss.

Btw, the Pats shutdown that run game with their DTs playing 2 gap/0 tech . Easy adjustment.

Problem is Marinelli doesnt like the space eater immobile DTs , thats why we have none of them.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
Naw that was on players too. What else can the coaches do when the players aren’t ready for the big stage?

agree with some assesment that players were gassed after Seatlle gsme, but Woods injured had that big of effect , thats on coaches to get correct personnel in front or have quality alternative schemewise.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
YOU NAILED IT, after that game on all of the talk radio shows, everyone said the same about why wait till the end of the game to unleash Wilson. Where was this the other 3 quarters and just ran a vanilla offense.
And the mediots strike again. It’s never that the Cowboys won outright. It’s that something gave way to give us an advantage, therefore we lucked out.

#sheepbelieve

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
To comment on multiples above,
Brown what is he? Is he a true WR, a niche player, a open space blocker...? No idea what he does well except block and I prefer a WR catch to block. So not just one play but what’s his role?
And I don’t see him being very good at the catching part.

I know it’s timing on the QB contracts and all but the fact remains that Russell Wilson is the highest paid football player in history at this moment. By itself that seems horribly silly. But yes I get the context yes you are right. It’s like the scene in back to the future when Marty tells someone that Ronald Reagan would be president, (confused) the guys responds “the actor?”.
Doesn’t make sense out of context.

Agree Skaven, I’m looking forward to Quinn coming off the edge and a better, hopefully healthier, and fresher stream of talented DL coming in waves.

The concept on using Brown is that he is an elite blocker but defenses will stay in Nickel with Brown as 1 of 3 WRs but defenses will go to base when the Cowboys use a 2nd TE instead of Brown.

In other words Brown vs small (DB) can be a better mis-match than 2nd TE vs big (LB) in the running game.

If Brown can do just enough as a receiver to keep defenses from going big (LB over DB) against the package with him on the field then he can be a good mis-match player.

Brown's competition for snaps might primarily come from Pollard. In college Pollard often played with another RB on the field and Pollard often functioned as a blocker. He won't be as powerful as Brown as a blocker but he can likely be good enough to perform some of those blocking duties while adding speed and other talents that Brown does not possess.

mmohican29

Reaction score
Sometimes it's better to be lucking than good Holmes!

And sometimes the better team wins. As in the Seahawks game. As in the 2 Eagles contests. As in the Rams game where we took the L.

Dallas outplayed Seattle, the Rams outplayed us. No luck involved in either contest.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They're obviously going long on the offensive line next year. That most likely means they're going short at wide receiver. Cooper, Gallup, and Cobb are locks. Hurns can play all 3 wr positions. They really liked the Wilson kid last offseason and he can play both outside spots. Dont really see the room to keep a wr that can't actually play wr or even stay on the field, especially considering they took the Pollard kid in part for returns. Even the Guyton kid who has 4.36 speed has more upside than Austin at this point. Think his greatest value at this point is training camp trade bait!

They carried 3 QBs last season.

They carried 4 TEs until Swaim went on IR around mid-season.

They carried 9 OL for parts of the season.

Other positions where the head count varied over the season (At least 1 week for each of the following):
10 DBs
4 RBs (3 RB plus FB)
7 WRs
11 DL

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
And sometimes the better team wins. As in the Seahawks game. As in the 2 Eagles contests. As in the Rams game where we took the L.

Dallas outplayed Seattle, the Rams outplayed us. No luck involved in either contest.

Cool this is not N. Korea where eveyone has to agree holmes. This is a board where there are different thoughts and beliefs. But I will continue to send props to the hawks OC though.