rex ryan - info?

starfrombirth

Reaction score
hendog;1303314 said:
I believe they run the 4-3. Which we have the personell for, save for 1 passrusher.

Actually the way Ratliff and (some of the other names I can't remember now) played at the end of the season I think we could do it. :D

mmohican29

Reaction score
I live in Balitmore. Ryan is an excellent, excellent DC. He is a little different from his Dad and brother who is DC for the Raiders. He is a lot less hotheaded and a LOT more cerebral. His communication skills are excellent. He appears on local radio shows and I like listening to the man. He just seems so different from Buddy.

Here's the thing tho. His D is the same as Buddy's. Multiple looks. A base 4-3 defense that flexes to a 4-6 in some situtations, and with some 3-4 sprinkled in. He uses players with unique abilities such as Adalius Thomas (who is a terrific guy by the way, I've met the man in person) to do unique things.

His schemes are rock solid. But the best thing I like about Rex is his general attitude with his defenses are to concede NOTHING. Not a yard. He preps for Peyton Manning and high powered offenses with the idea that despite opposing talent, we intend to give you NOTHING... where as other coaches say well you know they're going to make plays so our idea is to sacrifice run yards to keep them from the big play etc. Not Rex. You will get zero from us you will earn ALL of your yards.

The only problem I see with bringing in Rex as HC if BP leaves is ... I think Romo really needs BP right now for one more training camp and season.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
mmohican29;1304266 said:
I live in Balitmore. Ryan is an excellent, excellent DC. He is a little different from his Dad and brother who is DC for the Raiders. He is a lot less hotheaded and a LOT more cerebral. His communication skills are excellent. He appears on local radio shows and I like listening to the man. He just seems so different from Buddy.

Here's the thing tho. His D is the same as Buddy's. Multiple looks. A base 4-3 defense that flexes to a 4-6 in some situtations, and with some 3-4 sprinkled in. He uses players with unique abilities such as Adalius Thomas (who is a terrific guy by the way, I've met the man in person) to do unique things.

His schemes are rock solid. But the best thing I like about Rex is his general attitude with his defenses are to concede NOTHING. Not a yard. He preps for Peyton Manning and high powered offenses with the idea that despite opposing talent, we intend to give you NOTHING... where as other coaches say well you know they're going to make plays so our idea is to sacrifice run yards to keep them from the big play etc. Not Rex. You will get zero from us you will earn ALL of your yards.

The only problem I see with bringing in Rex as HC if BP leaves is ... I think Romo really needs BP right now for one more training camp and season.

this is what i was hoping to hear - some insight from people who've met him or watched him and can give an analysis of his overall "name" in the hunt for who we go after.

i truly hope that we do NOT promote our secondary coach to DC. if bp must stick around for a year hire rex (or someone like him) to be here for a year with the assumption they will take over when bill leaves. at least this will give us a transition year and the table is set for a direction vs just wondering if bill has it in him for 1 more year.

RxMan

Reaction score
Your comment about Romo has me wondering who would take over on offense. Of course Rex is a long shot, but if he came then both sides of the ball would get overhauled which might not be the best thing for Romo right now.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
RxMan;1304305 said:
Your comment about Romo has me wondering who would take over on offense. Of course Rex is a long shot, but if he came then both sides of the ball would get overhauled which might not be the best thing for Romo right now.

i think we have good players, just no plan. if he just brings a plan and solid direction to the table, we're ahead of where we are now.

i feel like the end of a long dark journey is about over.