Twitter: Rex Ryan interviewed for Cowboys DC job

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Rex’s persona is likely too large for McCarthy’s status as a lame duck coach. I’d also have real reservations about his motivations ie is he truly ok being a coordinator position or does he feel he can parlay this into a head coaching gig midway through next season.

If he was genuinely interested in being a coordinator again it’s definitely intriguing but my guess is the cowboys wanted to listen to him and hear him out and also do a solid for an agent friend. Doubt he’s the hire.

Aven8

Reaction score
Rex’s persona is likely too large for McCarthy’s status as a lame duck coach. I’d also have real reservations about his motivations ie is he truly ok being a coordinator position or does he feel he can parlay this into a head coaching gig midway through next season.

If he was genuinely interested in being a coordinator again it’s definitely intriguing but my guess is the cowboys wanted to listen to him and hear him out and also do a solid for an agent friend. Doubt he’s the hire.
He almost got the job in Denver last season so not sure that’s what he wants. He wasn’t eyeing for Sean’s job.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Wasn't expecting him as a candidate. I will say its good to see the Cowboys interview a lot of different candidates.

Aven8

Reaction score
I mean he has a solid reputation. Granted he hasn’t coached in a few years

But he brings toughness, passion and knows how to win. This isn’t the typical yes man
Right. He has a huge personality but he knows defense. Whether it’s him or Zimm this D needs to start playing with some swagger. Both would bring that.

erod

Reaction score
Well, we'd better make sure we order some ******* snacks!

erod

Reaction score
I can't believe there are so many in here saying "yes" The guy is a buffoon...on TV and the sidelines. He is another circus element to hear interviewed.
Apparently, you never saw any of his defenses, which were among the elite in the NFL consistently.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
When is Rex normally on ESPN mornings? Haven't seen him yet and he, if we are lucky Saturday will be added as OC and we can have a full team of ESPN dudes on our payroll earning their viewership

Rayman70

Reaction score
We have nothing to lose by hring him. it aint like we have done anything in 28 years. Give him a shot.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
He almost got the job in Denver last season so not sure that’s what he wants. He wasn’t eyeing for Sean’s job.
Sean had just signed a 5 year contract but different than a coach in a lame duck year but we’ll see. Don’t think he gets the job