Rex Ryan, Ryan Clark and Orvlosky on Dak/Wentz

Rajveer

Reaction score
But the chiefs literally won a Super Bowl last year. They cowboys didn’t even make the playoffs.
That was not my point but I do see yours. You can plug any team in that scenario other than the jets and the point would stand.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
You must be a Eagle fan talking about "If this were Dak".....I don't want to hear this crap about him not having weapons because last year he got praised for what he did against sorry competition without weapons. Now its an excuse for him. Sorry weapons or not guys step up for him. Fulgham looks good. Just because he's not a household name YET doesn't mean he isn't good. His offensive line is bad at times but Wentz is the one holding on to the ball. That Wilson fumble was unacceptable. HE just sat there with Wilson in his face.

Hey i'm with you.. Wentz is playing like trash.. But he is surrounded by trash.

I've noticed that a lot of these QB's who recently got paid have teams that are suffering to put good football players around them.. I'm sure Dallas won't have that problem and if it were to happen Dak could still win.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
MM is not a scrub either and is coaching a new team with no preseason and on a third string QB with a made up OL. That is the blatant truth and any analyst that cannot see it because they are blinded by hate is a useless talking head to me.
You’re right, MM isn’t a scrub, but this team is a dumpster fire headed to a top 5 draft pick. If they had everyone healthy it’s absolutely a different story.

I think you’re just being too sensitive to that clip. I didn’t think they were speaking that poorly of the cowboys at all, if anything they agreed with you. If they had a healthy dak they are competitive.

now we can debate just how good, but they’ve clearly been decimated by injury.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Hey i'm with you.. Wentz is playing like trash.. But he is surrounded by trash.

I've noticed that a lot of these QB's who recently got paid have teams that are suffering to put good football players around them.. I'm sure Dallas won't have that problem.

Eagles mismanaged their crap. You think Jared Goff lacks weapons? Or Matt Ryan? Wentz lacks weapons but even then they found Fulgham.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
That was not my point but I do see yours. You can plug any team in that scenario other than the jets and the point would stand.
And to be fair I may just be missing your point completely. Honestly I think you may be talking more about the media in general where I’m specifically focused on this specific clip. That could be the miscommunication

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
nice to hear Orlovsky give Carson some grief.

That first sack last night, I forget which Cowboy did it, some DB, was kind of shocking. Wentz just stood there motionless, the DB was sitting back and at one point must have said to himself "I cant believe he is still just standing there I guess I have to go tackle him"

Wentz almost looked like he was throwing the game or something, old comp but he seemed less mobile then Namath in his years when he had two bad knees. It was downright weird.

Rajveer

Reaction score
You’re right, MM isn’t a scrub, but this team is a dumpster fire headed to a top 5 draft pick. If they had everyone healthy it’s absolutely a different story.

I think you’re just being too sensitive to that clip. I didn’t think they were speaking that poorly of the cowboys at all, if anything they agreed with you. If they had a healthy dak they are competitive.

I guess I was being a bit sensitive, but it is not just that clip, it is across the board. I have heard them shed a tear for the 49ers, Patriots, even the Eagles, but we suck because of our injuries.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
The Media will spend more time talking about a 2 win Cowboys team than they do on NFL teams with winning records, who are playing well and are in playoff contention. :laugh:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

I took most of it as them saying Dak was the entire offense, not that the backups are horrible, or the starting O-line is injury riddled.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Eagles mismanaged their crap. You think Jared Goff lacks weapons? Or Matt Ryan? Wentz lacks weapons but even then they found Fulgham.

Rams are doing well.. Goff is not good though but their coach can manage it.

MAtt Ryan? Yeah they have some skill players but can't provide a defense.

Wentz.. He has nothing.. Fulgham is not worth talking about. They will be looking to replace him every chance they get.

Rajveer

Reaction score
And to be fair I may just be missing your point completely. Honestly I think you may be talking more about the media in general where I’m specifically focused on this specific clip. That could be the miscommunication
Your nailed it, I have seen this kind of bias every time they speak of the Cowboys where as every other team gets a pass because of injuries. It is just not this clip, it is everywhere. Last week on MNF Suzy was like can the 49ers catch a break with injuries when she was covering the Cowboys/Cardinals game. Now I just tune in when the game starts and skip all the talk. :)

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I took most of it as them saying Dak was the entire offense, not that the backups are horrible, or the starting O-line is injury riddled.
Well based on the post dak results they are right. Is it a different story with a fully healthy o line? Yeah it probably is.

I have no problems criticizing dak at times, but he put up 30+ a game with this offense. We haven’t even sniffed that without him. I think that’s the difference here, and why the narrative is different.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Well based on the post dak results they are right. Is it a different story with a fully healthy o line? Yeah it probably is.

I have no problems criticizing dak at times, but he put up 30+ a game with this offense. We haven’t even sniffed that without him. I think that’s the difference here, and why the narrative is different.
Dak was able to cover up some of the deficiencies in the offense, but that doesn't mean the second and third string players deserve to be berated for not being as good as the first string. I hate to agree with what some of the folks are saying, but it really does seem like any other team gets a pass if even just a couple of their starters are injured, but with the Cowboys, having been more than decimated with injuries shouldn't matter.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Dak was able to cover up some of the deficiencies in the offense, but that doesn't mean the second and third string players deserve to be berated for not being as good as the first string. I hate to agree with what some of the folks are saying, but it really does seem like any other team gets a pass if even just a couple of their starters are injured, but with the Cowboys, having been more than decimated with injuries shouldn't matter.
A lot of other teams are figuring it out though. Pittsburgh last year was competitive. San Fran is still .500. New England get a pass because they have been a dynast for so long. The eagles are clearly better than us. Even bad teams like Denver and Detroit are still finding ways to stay in games.

this team has been an embarrassment the last few games. Not so much last night, but we are literally taking about a two possession loss as not as bad.

the cowboys are 29-27 since 2017. They would be better fully healthy, but they still are not a championship team, and should not get historical benefit as they haven’t been very good for a few years now.

The cowboys will always have haters because it gets ratings, but they deserve to get dunked on this year.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
A lot of other teams are figuring it out though. Pittsburgh last year was competitive. San Fran is still .500. New England get a pass because they have been a dynast for so long. The eagles are clearly better than us. Even bad teams like Denver and Detroit are still finding ways to stay in games.

this team has been an embarrassment the last few games. Not so much last night, but we are literally taking about a two possession loss as not as bad.

the cowboys are 29-27 since 2017. They would be better fully healthy, but they still are not a championship team, and should not get historical benefit as they haven’t been very good for a few years now.

The cowboys will always have haters because it gets ratings, but they deserve to get dunked on this year.
I'm not saying they should get any type of "historical benefit". I don't think any team or coach should. Teams need to adjust to their current situations, but how many teams have their starting QB and all but one player of what was supposed to be their starting O-line in the off season in the locker room? The defense gets no excuses, unless you want to cite poor coaching, but other than the RBs and WRs, the offense is like some other team. Yet these guys in this clip don't seem to want to acknowledge that, and as others have pointed out, that seems to be the case with all media when talking about how poorly the Cowboys have played.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I'm not saying they should get any type of "historical benefit". I don't think any team or coach should. Teams need to adjust to their current situations, but how many teams have their starting QB and all but one player of what was supposed to be their starting O-line in the off season in the locker room? The defense gets no excuses, unless you want to cite poor coaching, but other than the RBs and WRs, the offense is like some other team. Yet these guys in this clip don't seem to want to acknowledge that, and as others have pointed out, that seems to be the case with all media when talking about how poorly the Cowboys have played.
And a lot of what you’re saying is fair. The cowboys have been decimated, more than any other team to this point.

To be honest I’m not even sure what we are debating at this point. They clearly said this team is better with dak. No, they didn’t mention the o line injuries, but help isn’t on the way either. The cowboys have to make with what they have. It’s not like tyron and Collins could suit up this year. It’s a rough situation for any backup qb, but truth is many teams have similar o line situations. It’s not unique to the cowboys. Not necessarily in terms of injuries, but the overall play.

I may be getting way off point right now haha. It may just be because I could care less what most media people think.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Rams are doing well.. Goff is not good though but their coach can manage it.

MAtt Ryan? Yeah they have some skill players but can't provide a defense.

Wentz.. He has nothing.. Fulgham is not worth talking about. They will be looking to replace him every chance they get.
How is Fulgham not worth talking about? He’s beating team number one corners every week? He’s the best receiver they have and they invested a first in Reagor.

You said teams who spend money on quarterbacks lack weapons. What teams are you referencing? Eagles are just one team.

HanD

Reaction score
I'm a Wentz homer.

He's playing awful. It just is what it is.

But...

His Oline is garbage and their offensive weapons are garbage.

IF this were Dak we would have a mountain of excuses for how he is playing and it would start with those 2 things.. Oline being garbage and no offensive weapons so lets be consistent.

He's playing awful on a awful team.
He was playing terrible with ertz and miles Sanders healthy. He's got all the talent but has never been consistent with living up to it. He'll make two bad throws but everyone remembers his rocket throw pass 2 defenders to the corner of the endzone. In reality the amazing highlight throw was great but a low percentage choice. He makes poor decisions and hasn't been improving in that area.