Rex Ryan, Ryan Clark and Orvlosky on Dak/Wentz

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
What would the media do without the Cowboys..

Who cares? Why is anyone talking about us?

We've become the Browns, Bengals, & Lions except we have a star on our helmet.

I've got a coworker who is annoyed every Monday with the amount of Cowboys talk on these national shows. I haven't watched them this year because I have no interest hearing discussion about this hot mess. But it is shocking that they continue to attempt to rile up the masses with these hot takes.

How many different ways can you say we're garbage? There is no "other side" to this argument.

Verdict

Reaction score
Your nailed it, I have seen this kind of bias every time they speak of the Cowboys where as every other team gets a pass because of injuries. It is just not this clip, it is everywhere. Last week on MNF Suzy was like can the 49ers catch a break with injuries when she was covering the Cowboys/Cardinals game. Now I just tune in when the game starts and skip all the talk. :)
I used to like listening to Suzy Kolber but her act has worn thin.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
We are the only team that injuries are not an issue when the media blast us.

“If only New England had cap and their guys weren’t injured / COVID opt outs they’d win!”

No ****. We’d win with our guys healthy as well
Last night would have been 40-14 if we were healthy.

BobbyFlame469

Reaction score
How is Fulgham not worth talking about? He’s beating team number one corners every week? He’s the best receiver they have and they invested a first in Reagor.

You said teams who spend money on quarterbacks lack weapons. What teams are you referencing? Eagles are just one team.
Bro they say anything on here as long as they can trash Dak in the process.

No team outside of Dallas has weapons apparently

starfan1

Reaction score
Eagles mismanaged their crap. You think Jared Goff lacks weapons? Or Matt Ryan? Wentz lacks weapons but even then they found Fulgham.
Wentz weapons cant stay on the damn field . The get Goddard back but no Ertz and Jackson and Jefferies are perennials on the injury report. Its not that they don't have weapons its that the weapons cant stay healthy.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Wentz weapons cant stay on the damn field . The get Goddard back but no Ertz and Jackson and Jefferies are perennials on the injury report. Its not that they don't have weapons its that the weapons cant stay healthy.
Well that's my point. They keep using Wentz's contract as a excuse for why eh doesn't have better weapons. Not the case at all. They spent money on Desean, Alshon and Ertz. The issue is you spending money on 30 year olds and wondering why they are hurt. Its poor management of the cap.

The myth that you can't build a good team around Dak because of his salary is just that. A myth.

Nav22

Reaction score
I'm a Wentz homer.

He's playing awful. It just is what it is.

But...

His Oline is garbage and their offensive weapons are garbage.

IF this were Dak we would have a mountain of excuses for how he is playing and it would start with those 2 things.. Oline being garbage and no offensive weapons so lets be consistent.

He's playing awful on a awful team.
LOL! No. Dak would NEVER play that terribly and you know it.

16 turnovers in 8 games? Oh yeah, Wentz is a real-life SCRUB. Dak has never been nearly that bad, even in games in which Dak’s weapons were garbage. Don’t try to escape reality, “Wentz homer.”
:laugh:

Psst... Wentz’s defense is MUCH, MUCH better than Dak’s and he’s still a low-IQ bum who can’t protect the football.

Dak > Wentz. I know it hurts.

Nav22

Reaction score
Rams are doing well.. Goff is not good though but their coach can manage it.

MAtt Ryan? Yeah they have some skill players but can't provide a defense.

Wentz.. He has nothing.. Fulgham is not worth talking about. They will be looking to replace him every chance they get.
Eagles offense, led by Ginger Trash, is ranked 26th in the NFL in efficiency.

Their DEFENSE? Ranked 10th in the NFL in efficiency.

So it’s not accurate to say “Wentz has nothing.” He has the #10 defense supporting him.

It’d be MUCH more accurate to say “Wentz is complete garbage compared to Dak and I’m a huge clown for still trying to argue otherwise.”
:thumbup:

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Eagles offense, led by Ginger Trash, is ranked 26th in the NFL in efficiency.

Their DEFENSE? Ranked 10th in the NFL in efficiency.

So it’s not accurate to say “Wentz has nothing.” He has the #10 defense supporting him.

It’d be MUCH more accurate to say “Wentz is complete garbage compared to Dak and I’m a huge clown for still trying to argue otherwise.”
:thumbup:

If Dak's defense were performing the numbers would've been down.

Just like when Dak's defense was playing well last year against Philly and he couldn't beat Wentz to go to the playoffs because the offense was completely inept.

Wentz has nothing around him currently. Getting Miles Sanders back will help some. Ertz has fallen off a cliff and I think he is playing somewhere else next season.

Nav22

Reaction score
If Dak's defense were performing the numbers would've been down.

Just like when Dak's defense was playing well last year against Philly and he couldn't beat Wentz to go to the playoffs because the offense was completely inept.

Wentz has nothing around him currently. Getting Miles Sanders back will help some. Ertz has fallen off a cliff and I think he is playing somewhere else next season.
The “numbers would’ve been down” in terms of sheer volume, yes.

But Dak’s efficiency wouldn’t be in the toilet like Wentz’s efficiency is.

Dak wouldn’t be even half the turnover machine Wentz is.

How many turnovers did Dak have in Philly? Zero. That kept Dallas in the game despite their customary zero takeaways. Dak’s receivers also dropped 6 passes that night, Wentz’s receivers dropped 0 passes that night.

Wentz had FOUR turnovers last night, at home, vs the worst defense in the league. Complete garbage.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
The “numbers would’ve been down” in terms of sheer volume, yes.

But Dak’s efficiency wouldn’t be in the toilet like Wentz’s efficiency is.

Dak wouldn’t be even half the turnover machine Wentz is.

How many turnovers did Dak have in Philly? Zero. That kept Dallas in the game despite their customary zero takeaways. Dak’s receivers also dropped 6 passes that night, Wentz’s receivers dropped 0 passes that night.

Wentz had FOUR turnovers last night, at home, vs the worst defense in the league. Complete garbage.

Wentz is awful and I don’t deny that but I still like him as a prospect long term. Especially when he gets some guys around him but that’s part of paying your QB a bunch of money.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Wentz is awful and I don’t deny that but I still like him as a prospect long term. Especially when he gets some guys around him but that’s part of paying your QB a bunch of money.
Carson Wentz is about to be 28....how long is he going to be a "prospect" or have potential lol? Went'z contract is not why they don't have weapons. They have hit and miss on some picks. They took Jalen Reagor just this year over Justin Jefferson. They passed up DJ Metcalf for JJ Artega Whiteside. They've mismanaged their cap. They have 3 highly paid defensive tackles. That's not Wentz's fault.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I've got a coworker who is annoyed every Monday with the amount of Cowboys talk on these national shows. I haven't watched them this year because I have no interest hearing discussion about this hot mess. But it is shocking that they continue to attempt to rile up the masses with these hot takes.

How many different ways can you say we're garbage? There is no "other side" to this argument.

Because Cowboys bring reactions. Nobody cares that the Patriots suck if Tom Brady isn't there. Cowboys are just a bigger brand. Its a gift and a curse.

Nav22

Reaction score
He’s regressed terribly and it’s not just because of what’s around him. He has a very low football IQ.

He’s in year 5 so I wouldn’t even call him a “prospect” anymore.

youngjerryjones

Reaction score
I'm a Wentz homer.

But...

IF this were Dak we would have a mountain of excuses for how he is playing and it would start with those 2 things.. Oline being garbage and no offensive weapons so lets be consistent.

Your an Eagles fan

StarOfGlory

Reaction score
I'm a Wentz homer.

But...

You are right about this, although their defense is not really awful. It's just that they have to do more to cover up for their offense. They are lucky to have a strong D-line because that is where it begins.

Flamma

Reaction score
It's true at some level. Does anyone actually believe Dallas loses that game with their starting QB? I'm fairly confident Dallas wins with Dalton at QB. Quite possibly with Cooper Rush or Mike White. Those two aren't good, but they can at least throw the ball. That's all the Cowboys needed to beat Philly.

garyo1954

Reaction score
I'm a Wentz homer.

But...

It was interesting watching Wentz last night.
He started the game looking out of sorts, tense, anxious. One game the announcers said Wentz was trying to do too much. And that may be the case.
Once it gets later in the game you expect him to lock it in and focus. Last night he had his moments, but seemed to be up and down.

Now he's always going to challenge the defense, for better or for worse. Last night he didn't get any help (and didn't have much luck other than bad).

I even asked myself if they weren't taking this game lightly looking at next week. But they have the Giants, then the Browns before getting Seattle.
I don't have an explanation for it.