News: Rex Ryan suggests Stafford should go to Dallas

nobody

Reaction score
If Dak isn't signed before the draft, do you draft a QB is the question. Stafford is a moderate stopgap that probably won't get you to the big dance. Then again, with this team as is, no QB will.

dckid

Reaction score
Yeah that's pure crap. Hell Cowboy fans like you are the ones that would because y'all have a known history of not actually watching other teams play lol. There is nothing to like about Stafford. IF you want to get rid of Dak that's fine but do it for a rookie or Deshaun Watson. These Andy Dalton and Matt Stafford signings just aren't going to replace Dak....it is what it is. You are infatuated with him because he can throw a deep ball...not a accurate one of course....but he can throw it 60 yards......congrats....that doesn't win you games.
Yes get a cheaper option.. Now we are talking.
Congrats to the FO for drafting Dak and get an amazing 5 years out of him. The value proposition was amazing, now don't ruin it by paying him 40 per year. It will only end bad. This is very predictable. This is basic 101 team risk management. Dak is not an elite guy, he will not do what the elites can do. It's unfair to compared him to those guys. (Brady, Mahomes, Rogers, Wilson, Watson, etc)

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Plus he’s better than Dak..

Depends on the money though. Some team might get crazy for him.
how is he better than Dak? explain away...

or is this just like your prediction that Dalton was better than Dak?

Or that Mahomes and Watson aren't NFL type QBs?

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Because I don't believe Tua is a lesser player and I look to capitalize on that situation.

At worst Tua will be a guy who can get Dak like results and we can move on at the end of his deal and draft another if he's not one of the best.

There is nothing to show that Tua is the better player then Dak, even at this stage. Dak won the rookie of the year, where Tua was benched multiple times for a journeymen QB in Fitzpatrick.

dckid

Reaction score
Stafford is an elite quarterback stuck in the biggest hellhole in the league.
Stafford will be 33 when the season starts. He is not washed by any means. I would trade for him knowing he has to come here and earn an extension.
I want to move off Dak as cleanly as possible. If we can swap QBs and draft picks with Detroit I would jump on it.
The more realistic scenario is we have to give up some real draft capital, which means someone will be desperate enough like the Vikings were for Cousins to trade for Dak.
Cash out on Dak, and pick up a Jameis...

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Plus he’s better than Dak..

You think every QB is better than Dak. You’re touting a QB with a 70-90-1 career QB record who only led their team to the playoffs three times in 12 seasons and has an 0-3 playoff record. Romo only had two playoff wins and one of them was against Stafford. Your nonsense has become as intolerable as Pappydogs. Not going to respond of your crap anymore. Just carry on continuing to make yourself look foolish.

Last edited:

nobody

Reaction score
Stafford is an elite quarterback stuck in the biggest hellhole in the league.

With the roster as it is, I don't think even Mahomes or Brady could get this team to the big dance, much less Stafford. That's not a knock on the QB's. It's a knock on this team and defense.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Better than dak at what? baseball, hockey, basketball? cuz it sure isn't the QB position lol

He's a much better passer and his athleticism is on par. More skilled at what he does and can make throws that Dak could only dream of.

My concern with Stafford going forward would be durability though.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
You think every QB is better than Dak. You’re touting a QB with a 70-90-1 career QB record who only led their team to the playoffs three times in 12 seasons and has an 0-3 playoff record. Romo only had two playoff wins and one of them was against Stafford. Your nonsense has become as intolerable as Pappydogs. Not going to respond of your crap anymore. Just carry on continuing to make yourself look foolish.

Are you just learning this? (LOL).......he's lost all sense of logic discussing Dak. The only thing that matters to him is getting a cheap QB, whether or not he can play be damn

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
These bland statements......

ok lol..y’all not gonna trick me into this troll job. I told y’all Dalton was a bum before he got here and Stafford is too. But y’all gotta see it up close and personal. Stubborn lol.

Dalton was winning at the same rate Dak was.. 2 non difference making QB's getting similar team results. Dalton proved my point. Without the Watermelon miracle Dalton would've been much better at winning for a tiny fraction of the cost which would allow us to build a better team.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Dalton was winning at the same rate Dak was.. 2 non difference making QB's getting similar team results. Dalton proved my point. Without the Watermelon miracle Dalton would've been much better at winning for a tiny fraction of the cost which would allow us to build a better team.
Did you not just a page ago told me don’t use team wins to determine how good someone is? And then you proceed to do exactly that lol.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Are you just learning this? (LOL).......he's lost all sense of logic discussing Dak. The only thing that matters to him is getting a cheap QB, whether or not he can play be damn

It took a while but I finally reached the breaking point with his posts. The same with Pappydog it’s a waste of time. It’s any QB but Dak for these two peas in a pod.

Verdict

Reaction score
Oh, I agree.....Stafford AND their first would get my attention (lol)

Would you make that trade? Stafford is getting up there in years. Dak is relatively young in QB years.

Would you then use a first rounder in a QB that may amount to the next hall of Famer or bust? That’s an option, but frankly I would rather have Dak.

If you don’t thank Dak is all that and a bag of chips, Stafford would be a nice bridge to your next guy.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Did you not just a page ago told me don’t use team wins to determine how good someone is? And then you proceed to do exactly that lol.

Numbers... QB stats.

Only QB stat that impresses me is Wins / TD passes

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yes get a cheaper option.. Now we are talking.
Congrats to the FO for drafting Dak and get an amazing 5 years out of him. The value proposition was amazing, now don't ruin it by paying him 40 per year. It will only end bad. This is very predictable. This is basic 101 team risk management. Dak is not an elite guy, he will not do what the elites can do. It's unfair to compared him to those guys. (Brady, Mahomes, Rogers, Wilson, Watson, etc)
So your answer is to spend money on Stafford instead? Look, I won’t argue with anyone that says they need to get a guy on a rookie deal with a high ceiling. I’d disagree but that’s a formidable opinion. But if you are telling me we should overpay for Stafford and Dalton who are inferior quarterbacks? That’s gonna get lost on me.