News: Rex Ryan suggests Stafford should go to Dallas

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
some good points, to be sure. crawford's done here, imo. zeke and cooper are safe for this season and then can be released without cap hell. cooper at least earns his money. i have no idea what happened with zeke. i get the feeling he just can't get enough of himself and quit trying hard, thinking he'd be as good as ever without the effort. the coaches might try sitting his rear on the bench for a while and see if he's man enough to take it. at any rate, looks like we'll have to suck it up this year. best case scenario, they sign dak to a deal where they can then manipulate the cap.
Ayeee I ride for all these guys on this site...I think Zeke will be much better next year. I'm just saying let's be real about what we really are saying about not signing Dak.....we are saying we don't want them to re-sign Dak so they can continue to overpay the Jaylon's and Zeke's of the world? I'm just saying I'm not in fear of that.

CWR

Reaction score
Sure, if we "blow it with Dak," go get Stafford.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
next year is his last hit. But what makes you think he would sign for less than $30m?

I have no idea what he would sign for which is why I would rather draft unless I can sign him to a deal that's cheap and has a low cap hit that I can get out of in 2 or 3 years.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
I have no idea what he would sign for which is why I would rather draft unless I can sign him to a deal that's cheap and has a low cap hit that I can get out of in 2 or 3 years.
so you want to sign a worse qb to save 8-10m? that will be what wasted on a few garbage pail players in FA? You do realize you don't win more games by spending less $$

csirl

Reaction score
I love the fantasies some create when the truth is already out there. Dallas offered Dak $110 million guaranteed, $50 million at signing. This was widely reported.

They disagreed on the length of the contract. This was also reported.

.......by Dak's agent. If what Daks people say is true a deal would have been done - most likely with the final year voided if incentives reached. The facts are Dak wasnt extended. We were alao told repeatedly on CZ that a deal was close before free agency started.........

irving

Reaction score
Stafford is on the downside of his career, so it goes without saying some on this site immediately want him as the Cowboy quarterback.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
some good points, to be sure. crawford's done here, imo. zeke and cooper are safe for this season and then can be released without cap hell. cooper at least earns his money. i have no idea what happened with zeke. i get the feeling he just can't get enough of himself and quit trying hard, thinking he'd be as good as ever without the effort. the coaches might try sitting his rear on the bench for a while and see if he's man enough to take it. at any rate, looks like we'll have to suck it up this year. best case scenario, they sign dak to a deal where they can then manipulate the cap.
Zeke will be fine.

What seems apparent is he decided last season he wanted more bulk to his frame. The better to withstand the pounding.

But it also effected his speed and cutback ability. Add to that he had some injury of unknown origin in his legs..I think a hammy.

And only rest and rehab helps that but Zeke would not come out.

Dude is a warrior. With a #1 OL and QB like Dak who can keep the pressure off Zeke and make the defense come out of 8 in a box..

Zeke has little room to run.

Change that and the defense just needs to fix itself and we are back to letting ourselves enjoy football again

billsboys

Reaction score
If you could trade Dak for Stafford and a high draft pick.
Then trade up in the draft for a quarterback
Use the savings on the cap and invest in 2 top notch defensive free agents(better than a rookie)
With Stafford already signed for 2 more years then you should be able to slide in your drafted quarterback
This will hurt you long-term but should make you competitive next few years

jrumann59

Reaction score
Detroit has been running a Run n Shoot offense with no run pretty much the whole time Stafford has been there. My only worry is Stafford has picked up a lot of bad habits that you likely will not be able to coach out of him by now. Detroit's dysfunction mirrors Dallas's some really nice pieces on offense some diamonds in the rough on suspect defenses.

jrumann59

Reaction score
He has two years left on his contract. He would be a cheaper option than Dak.
He may be cheaper but I am willing to bet he would want his current contract re-done. In most cases like this a vet QB like him wants a little more.

Trajan

Reaction score
Jerruh, sign Dak, sign Stafford, and draft Lawrence !!! Get errr done Jerruh !!!

sunalsorises

Reaction score
Interesting proposition. Getting Stafford and ditching Dak implies this team is ready to win in the next two years and/or Stafford has a lot left in the tank and will sign for a discount in his 30’s and be productive for another 5 years. Probably not much worse of a gamble than this franchise will pull it together and build a winner around Dak. I suspect Stafford wouldn’t leave one dysfunctional franchise only to be tied long term to another.

Motorola

Reaction score
The Kellen Moore factor is interesting. MM ISN'T SOLD ON DAK - hence why they went cool on the contract extension. A lot could depend on KMs view on which is the better QB, having worked with both.
Mike McCarthy has a say in whether Dak Prescott remains in Dallas?
Who thinks this is a valid statement?