Twitter: Rex Ryan trashes Amari Cooper

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Yea it's not that bad, considering the size of the deal and the remaining total money left.
And they can June 1st him too to split it 2/4mil if needed. But why lol

Its actually an incredible deal when you look at it like that. IF he doesn't live up to it they get out after only paying 17 million per year. If he turns out to really be worth it, the price goes up, but probably is in line with market in the future and you can keep him for another two years at the behest of the team.

Batman1980

Reaction score
Shows you how much he really wanted to stay in Dallas and play with the quarterback who revitalized his career.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
He's struggled in big games, on the road, and against good corners his entire career.

Struggling against good corners is what happens to most good WR's. Just like most QB's struggle against good defenses.

Big games? How many big games has Cooper been in?

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
The scariest receivers do tend to be crazy ball hoggers.

for example in their primes I think I wanted Steve smith not Larry fitz

erod

Reaction score
The whole team struggled in big games last year. Let's quit pretending this is a "Amari" issue.
This has been Amari his entire career.

He disappears when it matters. Good corners erase him. He drops passes. He's junk on the road.

But if he catches the Eagles at home with 3/4 of their secondary missing, he goes for 14 catches and 250 yards with 3 touchdowns.

Then, the next week, 2 catches for 21 yards.

He's much like Dak but with more natural talent. That game in Philly last year, with everything on the line against a HORRIBLE football team, defined them both perfectly.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
His brother Rob trashed Amari a few weeks ago. Granted there are some red flags with Amari but Dak’s numbers have skyrocketed since he got here. For Rex to say Dak doesn’t need Amari is incorrect and Dak’s numbers prior to Amari’s arrival are proof.

bewp7

Reaction score
calling amari a turd? that is not very nice...rex needs to go smell some feet or some thing and chill out.

stephen a smith already has the over exagerated cowboy hater shtick on espn any way.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Amari Cooper was hurt all year last year. In the offseason it was reported he had plantar facitis. Not sure what happened with that report but it was reported he played hurt all year last year.

My point is, you can't say Amari didn't deserve to get paid because he didn't play well on the road or against tough competition and then say Dak deserves to get paid when eh had the same issues as did the rest of the team.

They definitely do. Amari is a weird player to have a agenda against though.

In the offseason there were a bunch of reports about how Amari was hurt. I even heard plantar fasciitis. Then when the season comes.....there's rarely reports about those injuries. The narrative is he sucks but there's no mention of him playing hurt and not using that excuse.

And I can't fault him for what happened in Oakland. A bad team and bad organization.
wrong all that matters is the rumors out of Oakland was he disappeared, was unmotivated and football wasn't important to him=wild inconsistency's.. he comes here and his first 16 game season he does just that..

if you want to use the excuse for him not showing up is injury, well you dont pay a guy elite money that is also injured a lot..that PF foot injury isnt going away..he shouldnt have been paid 20mil and Dak for sure should get more then hes already been offered..

blueblood70

Reaction score
calling amari a turd? that is not very nice...rex needs to go smell some feet or some thing and chill out.

stephen a smith already has the over exagerated cowboy hater shtick on espn any way.

for 8 games he was half turd half elite = above average ie Dak and AC =one player Jekyll and Hyde types I cant get behind,,i have no choice but do not have to be happy about it..

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
The whole team struggled in big games last year. Let's quit pretending this is a "Amari" issue.

This isn't true actually. The last 3 games were all must wins when they were played and Cowboys went 2-1. Beat a good Rams team and then killed the Commanders. This fact is lost because the BIGGEST game against the Eagles they didn't show up.

Oneiros

Reaction score
I wasn't exactly with the contract we gave Amari either, especially considering him disappearing in big games or on the road.

I'd like to see what he could do with a different WR coach first though before knowing whether or not to completely write him off. From what I read regarding Sanjay Lal he was quite overrated and the two didn't seem to work well together.

CowboyDAK

Reaction score
his daddy dumped hofer chris carter. and I truly believe the plethora of nagging injuries contributed to coopers effectiveness late in the season. nothing a route runner needs more than leg, foot and ankle injuries.

To be fair, Carter was a coke head with the eagles and Buddy gave him a chance to resurrect his career.

erod

Reaction score
I thought we needed to replace Dak with a QB in the 1st? He's so bad and disappears vs good teams. Now we need a 1st round WR too. lol.
Honestly, I'm more concerned about four years from now.

This roster is fundamentally flawed.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
wrong all that matters is the rumors out of Oakland was he disappeared, was unmotivated and football wasn't important to him=wild inconsistency's.. he comes here and his first 16 game season he does just that..

if you want to use the excuse for him not showing up is injury, well you dont pay a guy elite money that is also injured a lot..that PF foot injury isnt going away..he shouldnt have been paid 20mil and Dak for sure should get more then hes already been offered..

I'm not gonna judge a guy based on "rumors" out of Oakland. There were rumors about Randy Moss out in Oakland too.

Because of his personality he's being painted as "unmotivated". That's silly. IF you want to say he doesn't show up on the road that's fine. My argument to that was the whole team didn't show up last year on the road. What he did under a completely different organization is irrelevant to me.

Whether he's worth the 20 million I don't know or care. That's Jerry's money. Our salary cap situation is fine so I'm not concern with it.

This isn't true actually. The last 3 games were all must wins when they were played and Cowboys went 2-1. Beat a good Rams team and then killed the Commanders. This fact is lost because the BIGGEST game against the Eagles they didn't show up.
Those were not the only big games of last year. They had plenty of chances to wrap this division up. Those games became big games because the Eagles kept sucking too otherwise they too would've wrapped this division up.

Any time this team had a game where they could gain some momentum in the season they'd choke. Yeah they beat the Rams but by that time it was too late.