Twitter: Rex Ryan trashes Amari Cooper

Tangle_Foot

Reaction score
Rex acts as if he's never been constipated, there have been times when I would have paid anyting for a turd :laugh:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Please draft a receiver in the first round unless you trade for Jamaal Adams.

This is ANOTHER case of not only fans, but a guy like Rex not knowing the facts.

Cooper admitted that the 2nd half of last year was the MOST he had ever dealt with injuries in the NFL. Which makes total sense. He disappeared.

Now lets take a look at what Amari did over a full 16 games. The last 8 in 2018 and the first 8 in 2019 when he was healthy: 1512 yards and 12 TD's. Note that I did leave out the stats from the one game last year he got hurt early.

So if that is a 16 game season for Cooper, then that is pretty good. He does have a tendency to have huge games and then some stinkers. His big play potential and ability to really kill you is what stands out to me.

I dont think any receiver is worth 20 million. I think they over paid. But like Dak and some of these other positions, thats just what happens. Over paying a couple million is worth it.

1972COWBOY

Reaction score
Cooper wouldnn't have disappeared as much if Dak could throw to him instead of over him and behind him.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How quick folks forget the offense without Amari and after he arrived! Now he did tend to disappear late but wasn’t he injured as well?

There were a lot of factors that contributed to his perceived 'up and down' performances. But investigating it and figuring out the why of it is work, effort, and thinking that a lot of people can't be bothered to put in the effort to do.

So instead they spit out uninformed crap because it's easier than thinking.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
I mean are we taking advice from the foot fetish guy!!!

Personally I like Cooper as a slot receiver more than outside in this offense..I'm not crazy about the contract length and term but when you trade a first round pick for him, Jerry was going to keep him...

kskboys

Reaction score
Exactly. He got around 20 million from us and would've got 22 from the Commanders.

But hey. "We should've only paid him 8-10 million less per year"
So, you want to pay great money to good players? You don't like super bowls much.

Loso86

Reaction score
This idiot won't get another HC gig calling players names smh!

garyv

Reaction score
Never thought these words would like ever come from my mouth, but I agree with Rex.

I don't totally agree and there is a reason Rex is not a HC.

If he wasn't paid by Dallas someone else would have paid him over 15 mil easy so there

Valkyr

Reaction score
I'm sure if he signed with the Eagles people would still be saying how terrible he is.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So, you want to pay great money to good players? You don't like super bowls much.

You want to trade away 1st round picks for 18 month rentals? That's certainly no better.