1. I am excited to announce the launch of ...
    NEWS and RUMORS is a powerful and versatile news and content search engine and reader that provides access to content from a large variety of sites.

NEWS and RUMORS does not track individual users and uses a password-less login system so only an email address is required to login.

Once logged in, you can add your favorite content feeds and searches to your Favorites list, bookmark content you want to read later, and find a lot of global, national and local content on a variety of topics.

Dismiss Notice

Twitter: Rex Ryan trashes Amari Cooper

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by erod, Apr 3, 2020.

1. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

63,118 Messages
    70,515 Likes Received
    An intelligent, mature person could have pointed out that there have been inconsistencies and ups and downs in the player's career. But "intelligence", "class" and "Ryan" have never been connected.

2. Tussinman

Tussinman Well-Known Member

1,457 Messages
    1,675 Likes Received
    Not a bad contract at all but a little misleading. First 2 years the cap hit is only 17 but if they did cut him in 2022 when it goes up a 22 hit they still have to pay 6 million dollars for the prorated signing bonus (which means the first 2 years are technically 20 million a year, your just pushing dead money down the road).

6 million in dead money after 2 years is pretty good escape though if his injures continue

John813, stasheroo and darthseinfeld like this.
  3. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

33,277 Messages
    26,691 Likes Received
    I agree. I'd like either a big receiver or a speedster. But its not a pressing need to me. And for me to consider it in the 1st.......it better Lamb, Jeudy or Ruggs and that's IFFFFFFF no DE, CB or Safety is available at 17 and I highly doubt one isn't there.

4. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

24,637 Messages
    13,694 Likes Received
    Belichick never would have paid any of the three on offense that got or are about to be paid. And there is a lot of truth in what Rex said. However, the whole turd thing is way over the line.

Gameover likes this.
  5. Cowboy Lover

Cowboy Lover Well-Known Member

1,659 Messages
    852 Likes Received
    I have a question...please go easy on me! Asking for a friend. :)

If Amari "disappears"....is it all on him...or dak too?

6. rocyaice

33,277 Messages
    26,691 Likes Received
    Amari Cooper was hurt all year last year. In the offseason it was reported he had plantar facitis. Not sure what happened with that report but it was reported he played hurt all year last year.

My point is, you can't say Amari didn't deserve to get paid because he didn't play well on the road or against tough competition and then say Dak deserves to get paid when eh had the same issues as did the rest of the team.

They definitely do. Amari is a weird player to have a agenda against though.

In the offseason there were a bunch of reports about how Amari was hurt. I even heard plantar fasciitis. Then when the season comes.....there's rarely reports about those injuries. The narrative is he sucks but there's no mention of him playing hurt and not using that excuse.

And I can't fault him for what happened in Oakland. A bad team and bad organization.

baltcowboy and stasheroo like this.
  7. Cowboy Lover

1,659 Messages
    852 Likes Received

I think you already answered my question!

8. Cowboy Lover

1,659 Messages
    852 Likes Received
    I've mentioned this before.....but one thing I'd like to see from Amari is a little enthusiasm. Not Dez-level. but some life! Give hugs and high fives when you score a touchdown! I think he could pump up the team a little bit. He's #1 WR....act like it!

Tussinman likes this.
  9. Tussinman

1,457 Messages
    1,675 Likes Received
    He's basically donald driver 2.0. Not flashy but textbook skills/routes, not vocal, fringe pro bowl level every year but will never be all-pro.

I'd rather him be a donald driver then someone slightly better but causes attitude/drama (aka most NFL #1 WRs)

10. rocyaice

33,277 Messages
    26,691 Likes Received
    He's a more reserved guy. He's not a rah rah guy.

This is the most you can get and I'm fine with that.

11. Redball Express

Redball Express All Aboard!!!

13,597 Messages
    10,275 Likes Received
    It does not bother me about having trouble playing away games.

It is more difficult playing away games.

Our entire team had problems playing away games.

We also struggled at home all year.

So stop making Amari the fall guy.

We heard nothing about this in 2018 when he arrived and saved Daks career in Dallas.

Then he was regarded as "the second coming".

The media just hates everything we do.

We do nothing right, ever.

When we add in Amari being injured you have to realize he still went to the Pro Bowl.

Amazing and deserving of the benefits of doubt.

Rex Ryan?

Rob Ryan?

They are 2 of the worst coaches I have ever seen.

Except for Buddy Ryan.

A big windbag has-been all of them. Rob Ryan likes Jerrah's money that's for sure.

But I expect to see much better football under McCarthy.

No doubt.

John813 likes this.
  12. Batman1980

Batman1980 Well-Known Member

6,166 Messages
    9,107 Likes Received
    I don't care what Rex Ryan thinks. Amari is a good, not great player but he does have chemistry with Dak. Also, we just lost Witten and Cobb, couldn't lose Cooper as well.

Zeke might catch 90+ next year, now.

13. rocyaice

33,277 Messages
    26,691 Likes Received
    I disagree. I think his floor at this point is Pro Bowl. He's not a fringe Pro Bowl guy. He's only 25 years old and he's been to 4 Pro Bowls.

The problem Amari is having is he was too good too fast. Realistically he's still getting better. He can be a All-Pro. In Dallas he's been equal vent to All-Pro production wise.

14. KingintheNorth

KingintheNorth Chris in Arizona

14,123 Messages
    17,821 Likes Received
    I don't really care about Rex Ryan's opinion but I appreciate the motivation.

Talented players like Amari, who let's all be honest, can disappear sometimes, respond well when loud mouths call them out.

15. dwreck27

dwreck27 Well-Known Member

4,131 Messages
    5,740 Likes Received
    In coopers defense

this whole team has folded like a lawn chair everytime they played a real team, playoff games, or anyone who hit them in the mouth.

SOFT. Describes the Garrett cowboys

16. Batman1980

Batman1980 Well-Known Member

6,166 Messages
    9,107 Likes Received
    [​IMG]

dwreck27 likes this.
  17. John813

John813 Well-Known Member

14,080 Messages
    18,493 Likes Received
    Yea it's not that bad, considering the size of the deal and the remaining total money left.
    And they can June 1st him too to split it 2/4mil if needed. But why lol

18. Tussinman

1,457 Messages
    1,675 Likes Received
    Yeah fringe means you either just barely don't make it or you squeek in.

That's definatley Cooper, I mean hell half of his pro bowls have been injury replacement (didn't make the roster, had to get in as alternate).

He doesn't have the flashy style/numbers to be a lock, he's gonna need injuries and some luck to get in on most years (aka donald driver)

Last edited: Apr 3, 2020
  19. CowboyRoy

CowboyRoy Well-Known Member

27,574 Messages
    17,975 Likes Received
    Its not work at all. Cooper said that the 2nd half of the season he dealt with the most injuries he has ever dealt with in his career.

20. erod

erod Well-Known Member

31,013 Messages
    44,752 Likes Received
    He's struggled in big games, on the road, and against good corners his entire career.

kskboys and Pantone282C like this.