RG3: Cowboys can win it all with Dak

Havic

Reaction score
Dak is good not great. Why do these amazing stats never translate come playoff time?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I’m definitely putting more stock with a few of these members in an anonymous fan forum than NFL QB’s and former QB’s.

This forum is going to crap over Dakster.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It's a foregone conclusion unfortunately

The thing is, Daks backers will be celebrating an extension as if it's a team victory

Sad what our franchise has become. At one time success was measured in Lombardi's

Now the determining factor of success is whether our QB "resets the market".

If that's what gets Dak stans off, then there's not much else that needs to be said
It’s been sad for almost 30 years. Dakster is a product of it not the core cause.

Jethro made a mess of the Cowboys not our QB.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Dak is good not great. Why do these amazing stats never translate come playoff time?
It’s a complex answer.

Part of it is Dak faltering but there’s other contributing factors and weaknesses along with giving credit to opponents as well.

Bottomline we simply overall haven’t had enough to go further.

J817

Reaction score
For the record, I have never questioned if Dak can be a SB winning QB. Absolutely he can. I don’t think there is a debate. I question if Jerry and company can put together a SB caliber team with Dak making $60 million/year. I honestly don’t think that’s possible. Dak is good, but he isn’t good enough to overcome the FO‘s deficiencies and the toxic culture that isn’t going away anytime soon.

Now I have come to the realization that the Cowboys may never find a QB like a Mahomes or a prime Aaron Rodgers. A QB that can potentially overcome Jerry and company. Maybe it is best to ride what you have until the fail is official. Maybe you get lucky.

Nav22

Reaction score
It's a foregone conclusion unfortunately

The thing is, Daks backers will be celebrating an extension as if it's a team victory

Sad what our franchise has become. At one time success was measured in Lombardi's

Now the determining factor of success is whether our QB "resets the market".

If that's what gets Dak stans off, then there's not much else that needs to be said
Just be sure to include Hall of Famer and 3x Super Bowl champion Troy Aikman in that "Dak backers" category.

I like how you were too cowardly to address Troy's comments, even after I reminded you of them.

Awwwwwww, that REALLY hurt your feelings. I bet Troy was one of your favorite Cowboys ever too, huh?
:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:

Brax

Reaction score
I’m definitely putting more stock with a few of these members in an anonymous fan forum than NFL QB’s and former QB’s.

This forum is going to crap over Dakster.
Don’t mind the subject but the OP starts by calling everyone a pear shaped head with his little emoji’s, it’s a thread to start trouble so he can get his jollies, it’s really pathetic.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

I know, I know, what do NFL QBs like RG3 and Troy Aikman know???

Who cares that NFL players, coaches, scouts and execs rank Dak as a top 10 QB every offseason???

Here's Aikman yesterday on Dak, for those who missed it, after he said the Cowboys should keep Dak around:

"I know they've come up short the last few years... but he's been a great player in this league, and his best years are still ahead of him."

Shut up, Troy! Who cares what you think!?!?

When you've captured the hearts and minds of lowly, pear-shaped haters on a message board, THAT'S when you've truly arrived!!!
:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

RG3 is right. It’s a team/culture problem. Dak wouldn’t get near the scrutiny if he played for another team. Put him on the open market and he wouldn’t last 24 hours. The Cowboys haven’t been able to get over the hump in almost 30 years and it all starts with Jerry.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Don’t mind the subject but the OP starts by calling everyone a pear shaped head with his little emoji’s, it’s a thread to start trouble so he can get his jollies, it’s really pathetic.
No doubt both extremes are a problem. I’ll shoot them down as well.

I’m a voice for most in the middle who realize our QB isn’t our only problem here. And hasnt been for almost 3 decades.

The homers nor the haters want to mess with me .

BoysForLife

Reaction score
It’s been sad for almost 30 years. Dakster is a product of it not the core cause.

Jethro made a mess of the Cowboys not our QB.
There's some validity to that. But there's no getting around the reality that Dak has stuffed his stat bag on bottom feeders. With substantial talent blocking for him and playing skill positions for virtually his entire career, he's still struggled mightily against almost every team with a pulse

But going back to the Jerry point you made, forgive the obvious question but then why is everyone excited about the guy that Jerry thinks should be the highest paid guy in NFL history?

Seems almost a guarantee that whatever Jerry doubles down on goes belly up. What's going to be different this time?

slick325

Reaction score
"The Culture that Jerry Jones has created is. The first step to fixing the issue is acknowledging that there is a problem." RGIII

Everyone outside of Frisco sees it and knows it. Smh