RG3 to Browns

robjay04

Reaction score
Why on earth would signing RGIII mean they won't go after Wentz or Goff? We have Romo on the roster and could take one of the two.

Cause that team is a disaster and could use help at nearly every position.

I know some will think that we need help everywhere but we look like the 90s Cowboys in terms of talent compared to them. It depends on the guaranteed money, if they invested a lot of money...they may decide to go after another position or trade back. They may like another QB in the draft to develop why they give RGIII a couple years.

I guess we will know more when we see the contract. If it's only a 1-2 year deal that is front loaded, a QB at 4 for them is definitely in play but they may consider other options as well. If they invested a legitimate starting QB contract into RGIII, they may go a different route.

Q_the_man

Reaction score
Why on earth would signing RGIII mean they won't go after Wentz or Goff? We have Romo on the roster and could take one of the two.

Because they're probably thinking that 'hey, we can get the old RG back' it really depends on the #'s of the contract also

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Cause that team is a disaster and could use help at nearly every position.

I know some will think that we need help everywhere but we look like the 90s Cowboys in terms of talent compared to them. It depends on the guaranteed money, if they invested a lot of money...they may decide to go after another position or trade back. They may like another QB in the draft to develop why they give RGIII a couple years.

I guess we will know more when we see the contract. If it's only a 1-2 year deal that is front loaded, a QB at 4 for them is definitely in play but they may consider other options as well. If they invested a legitimate starting QB contract into RGIII, they may go a different route.

All I am saying is, signing RGIII in no way settles their QB position. They need a franchise guy worse than any team in the league.

You're right about waiting to see the contract, but even the Browns couldn't possibly be stupid enough to offer RGIII starter money, could they?

CowboyChris

Reaction score
wonder how much $$$ the Browns gave him. that would explain alot of things.

robjay04

Reaction score
Come on guys. You can't possibly think that picking up RG3 would affect who the Browns would take at #2.
Not saying they will even take a QB, but you have to know they aren't totally confident they just found their franchise QB.

Oh I don't think you can be sure one way or the other but I thought of them as a "sure thing" to take a QB at 4 before this deal, now I think it is 50/50, maybe a little less depending on the contract. Browns need help everywhere.

lostar2009

Reaction score
So this means Browns #2 is up for trade. Cleveland is looking to cash out with #2.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score

jordan-crying.jpg

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Still think they take Wentz at #2. If RG3 does well, they'll trade him for a decent draft pick and thereby make their team better by saying 'This guy cost us nothing and we just offloaded him for a high pick.'

I do think Paxton Lynch is being a forgotten man and if he drops to Round 2, all bets are off.

MikeT22

Reaction score

Difference is RGIII isn't 36 like Romo. Of course he isn't a sure fire starter either. My feeling though is they pass on QB at #2. But they could be primed to trade down now. If not I expect them to take local boy Bosa or Ramsey, but Tunsil could be an option if the Titans don't take him.