RG3 to Browns

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Still think they take Wentz at #2. If RG3 does well, they'll trade him for a decent draft pick and thereby make their team better by saying 'This guy cost us nothing and we just offloaded him for a high pick.'

I do think Paxton Lynch is being a forgotten man and if he drops to Round 2, all bets are off.

I think people are realizing Paxton Lynch is closer to that second tier of QB's than he is to Goff and Wentz.

Bizwah

Reaction score
Again...I don't know why folks can't see this. The Browns will probably still take a QB at 2. All RG3 is to them is a bridge. Wentz is by no means ready to come out and start right away. Nearly everyone has said this. So, RG3 will simply keep the seat warm until Wentz is deemed ready by the coaching staff. This type of thing is done all the time.

QB still very much in play for the Browns.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Difference is RGIII isn't 36 like Romo. Of course he isn't a sure fire starter either. My feeling though is they pass on QB at #2. But they could be primed to trade down now. If not I expect them to take local boy Bosa or Ramsey, but Tunsil could be an option if the Titans don't take him.

Tony Romo knows how to play QB and doesn't have the knees of an elderly man.

RS12

Reaction score
Browns draft top 5 again in 2017. This guy cant read a defense.

CowboyChris

Reaction score
My personal opinion, RG3 picked the wrong division to play in, and furthermore the wrong team to join in that division. just my 2 cents, I said the same thing about Manziel when he was drafted.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Again...I don't know why folks can't see this. The Browns will probably still take a QB at 2. All RG3 is to them is a bridge. Wentz is by no means ready to come out and start right away. Nearly everyone has said this. So, RG3 will simply keep the seat warm until Wentz is deemed ready by the coaching staff. This type of thing is done all the time.

QB still very much in play for the Browns.

They just reported that Hue Jackson of CLE was all over Wentz at his ProDay. Like OMG.......

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
Good, now Goff or Wentz can fall to us

Jackson told RGIII he may still have to compete with a high profile drafted rookie.

Jackson told Griffin during his visit he may have to compete with a highly-drafted rookie, so this signing will not stop the Browns from drafting either Cal QB Jared Goff or North Dakota State QB Carson Wentz with the No. 2 overall pick.
Source:ClevelandBrowns.com

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Well, if the Browns can get him to embrace coaching and actually get him to learn how to run a Pro Style offense, he could be a good QB for them. His problem was never that he couldn't do it IMO. His problem was always that he didn't want to do it. He wanted to stick with the Spread. If he has finally come to the realization that this will not work in the NFL, then they might have something there. But will he?

pjtoadie

Well known member
Reaction score
Still think they take Wentz at #2. If RG3 does well, they'll trade him for a decent draft pick and thereby make their team better by saying 'This guy cost us nothing and we just offloaded him for a high pick.'

I do think Paxton Lynch is being a forgotten man and if he drops to Round 2, all bets are off.

Well supposedly his workout with the Cowboys went extremely well and they plan on meeting again before the draft.

kevinhickey

Reaction score
Good, now Goff or Wentz can fall to us

No, so he can get killed running away from defensive linemen when the dame breaks over and over. The Browns are taking Wentz. I would bet the farm on it. If we want him, then we have move ahead of them. End of story on Wentz!

Daillest88

Reaction score
they will still probably take QB.. but if they go another route I could see them taking Elliott.. be good for any qb who starts for them..