Twitter: RGIII on the Cowboys return for Dak

khiladi

Reaction score
Yeah because they ran the hell out of the ball vs. Cinn for a whopping 27 run plays. Without Dak.

They also weren’t down 19-3 after the first series of the third quarter, with pretty much a whole half to play. They abandoned the run after that. If they continued at that pace they had run 12 times, it round have been around 24 runs.

Cooper Rush came in for Dak and had 14 plays and 14 of them were passes. So Moore didn’t call a single run play for Rush that game..

Like I said before, I’m surprised Dak didn’t pad his stats in garbage time throwing the ball after that series.

Dak fans make up stories. The guy has been exposed.

Last edited:

khiladi

Reaction score
Are you kidding me?

You talk about supporting cast....cone on man. He didn't have to carry the team even a little bit.

To day he wasn't a bus driver is laughable.

LOL.. the whole NFC East was a run first team. On no planet whatsoever is running a timing based offense with 2 WR sets and a FB constitute being a bus driver. No bus driver could run that offense, especially with a precise route runner like Michael Irvin, who lacked speed. That required precision timing.

Pass happy offenses like the run and shoot and the K gun were rare and always flopped when they faced NFC defenses and the physicality rules for DBs.

you Dak-Stans have clown takes when it comes to QB play. You don’t know what your talking about.

Ken

Reaction score
LOL.. the whole NFC East was a run first team. On no planet whatsoever is running a timing based offense with 2 WR sets and a FB constitute being a bus driver. No bus driver could run that offense, especially with a precise route runner like Michael Irvin, who lacked speed. That required precision timing.

Pass happy offenses like the run and shoot and the K gun were rare and always flopped when they faced NFC defenses and the physicality rules for DBs.

you Dak-Stans have clown takes when it comes to QB play. You don’t know what your talking about.
Ya just crazy talk.

From 91 thru 95...Cowboys backup qbs went 7-1 in games Aikman didn't play.

Beurline (4th round pick)went 4-0 in 91 and Aikman didn't get put back in for the playoff game. I guess completing 49% of his passes was just too good to replace.

Ironically, the only loss came for Bernie Kosar who threw 3 tds in the game and played great.

But ya..Romo, Dak and even Danny White could have never played on that team.

khiladi

Reaction score
Ya just crazy talk.

From 91 thru 95...Cowboys backup qbs went 7-1 in games Aikman didn't play.

Beurline (4th round pick)went 4-0 in 91 and Aikman didn't get put back in for the playoff game. I guess completing 49% of his passes was just too good to replace.

Ironically, the only loss came for Bernie Kosar who threw 3 tds in the game and played great.

But ya..Romo, Dak and even Danny White could have never played on that team.

This man is literally comparing Bernie Kosar, Dannie white and Steve Beurline to Dak Prescott the bus driver in this pass happy era. When did I say Bernie Kosar was a mediocre QB? Anybody that knows QB play knows that Dak couldn’t carry the jock strap of them.

I mean we can go to 1990 when Babe Laufenburg came in when Troy went down, threw a whopping 35.8% on 67 pass attempts with 1 TD and 6 INTs and ended up blowing Dallas chance at the playoffs. That’s where Dak more accurately falls into.

Ken

Reaction score
This man is literally comparing Bernie Kosar, Dannie white and Steve Beurline to Dak Prescott the bus driver. When did I say Bernie Kosar was a mediocre QB?
Try this response again as it makes no sense.

I am sure you had a point in there somewhere. Please review my post again so you can understand the point as well before responding.

khiladi

Reaction score
Try this response again as it makes no sense.

I am sure you had a point in there somewhere. Please review my post again so you can understand the point as well before responding.

I know what your point is and it’s a complete joke and based on bogus comparisons,

Bernie Kosar was a starter his whole career. He was the best ‘backup’ in the league, because he wasn’t really a backup. He was not a his driver and neither was Aikman,

None of what you said Troy Aikman was a bus driver, nor did I ever say Kosar was a bus driver or that Steve Beurlein wasn’t a quality backup that could win games for a stretch,

Ken

Reaction score
It makes perfect sense. Bernie Kosar was a starter his whole career. He was the best ‘backup’ in the league, because he wasn’t a backup.
Yes, and a bunch of journeymen went 7-0 with that team around them.

Kosar, if memory serves, was brought in like the week before he started and still threw 3 tds and 102 rating.

Ya that timing offense was so hard.

I realize you are completely blind when it comes to Dak, can you at least admit Romo would have won the same super bowls with that team?

khiladi

Reaction score
Yes, and a bunch of journeymen went 7-0 with that team around them.

Kosar, if memory serves, was brought in like the week before he started and still threw 3 tds and 102 rating.

Ya that timing offense was so hard.

I realize you are completely blind when it comes to Dak, can you at least admit Romo would have won the same super bowls with that team?

So now Kosar is a journeyman? The guy played in 4 games, 3 in relief of Aikman and started 1. He came after Cleveland traded him, though he started 6 games out of 7 he played.

Ken

Reaction score
So now Kosar is a journeyman?
You struggle with reading comprehension too huh, like Mountain Cowboy?

Kosar was the only QB who started that lost in that time period.

The journeymen went 7-0.

khiladi

Reaction score
You struggle with reading comprehension too huh, like Mountain Cowboy?

Kosar was the only QB who started that lost in that time period.

The journeymen went 7-0.

I don’t struggle with reading comprehension, you just can’t prove your point.

Bernie Kosar was a starting QB that in his 1 game starting with the Cowboys, with three games in relief. He was the best backup in the league. He was NEVER a bus driver not does thus argument prove Troy Aikman was a bus driver. Bernie Kosar and Steve Beurlein were starters in the league and quality QBs. Dak can’t carry their jock straps.

Steve Beurlein with the Panthers threw for 4436 yards and 36 TDs in 1999, way before the pass happy era.

Babe Laufenburg is more akin to Dak Prescott, than the latter being in respect to SB, BK, DW. BL threw for 1 TD and 6 picks with like a 30 percentile passing percentage when Aikman went down in 1990, blowing their chances at the playoffs after rolling off 4 straight wins.

That was the era of run first offenses, with 2 WR sets and 1FB. That’s not bus driving, that’s the exact opposite, as it requires more passing skill to move the ball. Elway and Marino, the best passers ever, had career 50 percentile percentage numbers,

Last edited:

Ken

Reaction score
I don’t struggle with reading comprehension, you just can’t prove your point.

Bernie Kosar was a starting QB that in his 1 game starting with the Cowboys, won three game. He was the best backup in the league. He was NEVER a bus driver not does thus argument prove Troy Aikman was a bus driver. Bernie Kosar and Steve Beurlein were starters in the league and Dallas had the best backups in the League at that point.

Steve Beurlein with the Panthers threw for 4436 yards and 36 TDs in 1999, way before the pass happy era.

Babe Laufenburg is more akin to Dak Prescott, than the latter being in respect to SB, BK, DW.
Oh boy. Not sure how old you are but the browns best year under kosar...he had Mack and Byner go over 1k yards rushing....may be a bus driver.

He LOST his only start for the Cowboys too vs Atlanta. Traded to Dallas same week he started.

Beurlein completed 49% of his passes on that 4-0 run. He threw for 4400 yards in 1999 at the age of 34 and was a JOURNEYMAN until then.

Just so happens that was the year of the greatest show on turf, so spare me the passing era bs.

khiladi

Reaction score
Oh boy. Not sure how old you are but the browns best year under kosar...he had Mack and Byner go over 1k yards rushing....may be a bus driver.

He LOST his only start for the Cowboys too vs Atlanta. Traded to Dallas same week he started.

Beurlein completed 49% of his passes on that 4-0 run. He threw for 4400 yards in 1999 at the age of 34 and was a JOURNEYMAN until then.

Just so happens that was the year of the greatest show on turf, so spare me the passing era bs.

Dak-Stan’s so desperate now, reaching for anything, as they watch a practice squad player look better than their ‘franchise Qb’. Now they are telling us Bernie Kosar is equivalent to Rush and Troy is a bus driver like Dak.

1. So you basically proved that Kosar played in a run first league and was a full time starter and his best year was when he had his 2 RBs Rush over 1000 yards each. So 2 WR sets, with a fullback was the norm. Thanks..

2. Journeyman is not the same as a bus driver. Steve Beyrlein led the league in passing yardage in 1999, ahead of Kurt Warner. So now 1999 is the “pass happy” league because of the Rams? Please tell me how many yards Tom Brady was averaging in the early 2000s to be considered a pass happy and no longer run driven league, especially considering just 2 years ago he broke 5000 yards? Sorry, but that’s not what is considered the modern era of football as during 1999, only 5 QBs got close to breaking 4000 yards, while in the last few years you got QBs breaking 5000 and a third of the league is doing it.

So basically, nobody denied that Kosar and Beurlin were quality backups that could win games if called upon with the Cowboys.

So in essence you considering Troy Aikman as a bus driver in a run first league, in an era of 2 WR sets and full backs, is a joke.

Ken

Reaction score
Dak-Stan’s so desperate now, reaching for anything, as they watch a practice squad player look better than their ‘franchise Qb’. Now they are telling us Bernie Kosar is equivalent to Rush and Troy is a bus driver like Dak.

1. So you basically proved that Kosar played in a run first league and was a full time starter and his best year was when he had his 2 RBs Rush over 1000 yards each. So 2 WR sets, with a fullback was the norm. Thanks..

2. Journeyman is not the same as a bus driver. Steve Beyrlein led the league in passing yardage in 1999, ahead of Kurt Warner. So now 1999 is the “pass happy” league because of the Rams? Please tell me how many yards Tom Brady was averaging in the early 2000s to be considered a pass happy and no longer run driven league, especially considering just 2 years ago he broke 5000 yards? Sorry, but that’s not what is considered the modern era of football as during 1999, only 5 QBs got close to breaking 4000 yards, while in the last few years you got QBs breaking 5000 and a third of the league is doing it.

So basically, nobody denied that Kosar and Beurlin were quality backups that could win games if called upon with the Cowboys.

So in essence you considering Troy Aikman as a bus driver in a run first league, in an era of 2 WR sets and full backs, is a joke.
So funny how all reason goes out the window when the name DAK is uttered. I was a Romo fan prior to being a Dak fan, FYI. I said...Danny White, Romo and another qb could have done the same thing Aikman did. Maybe not to the high level he did in the playoffs/super bowl, but the end result would hve been the same.

How the seething Dak haters can't see how the #1 defense, special teams, multiple HOFs on offense and amazing coaching could make some of our best qbs in Cowboys history better....I have flipping idea

You hatred of Dak, is insulting all of those other great players, fyi.

khiladi

Reaction score
So funny how all reason goes out the window when the name DAK is uttered. I was a Romo fan prior to being a Dak fan, FYI. I said...Danny White, Romo and another qb could have done the same thing Aikman did. Maybe not to the high level he did in the playoffs/super bowl, but the end result would hve been the same.

How the seething Dak haters can't see how the #1 defense, special teams, multiple HOFs on offense and amazing coaching could make some of our best qbs in Cowboys history better....I have flipping idea

You hatred of Dak, is insulting all of those other great players, fyi.

White and Romo are great QBs…. Troy was not a bus driver. He was a QB, running a timing-based offense predicated on the run in an era when 2 WRs was the base formation and a full back. Romo had to run 2 WRs sets with Jason Garrett as a play caller the majority of his play calling career.

I’m not the one making dumb comparisons of a 3 time Sb winning champion with Dak.. Dak is more akin to Babe Laufenburg. Dak running a 2 WR timing based offense would be laughable, as everything is basically spread and a 1-3 quick drop back. There is ZERO possibility of him even making a roster in that type of offense. On the other hand, you put Aikman in a modern offense, he’s throwing darts everywhere.

Last edited:

Ken

Reaction score
White and Romo are great QBs…. Troy was not a bus driver. He was a QB, running a timing-based offense predicated on the run in an era when 2 WRs was the base formation and a full back. Romo had to run 2 WRs sets with Jason Garrett as a play caller the majority of his play calling career.

I’m not the one making dumb comparisons of a 3 time Sb winning champion with Dak.. Dak is more akin to Babe Laufenburg. Dak running a 2 WR timing based offense would be laughable, as everything is basically spread and a 1-3 quick drop back. There is ZERO possibility of him even making a roster in that type of offense. On the other hand, you put Aikman in a modern offense, he’s throwing darts everywhere.
Yes, so dumb to say you stick Dak on an all star team and he wins chips....oh boy.

I have to remember i am talking to peole who have convinced themselves that Dak can't even spell his own name.:facepalm:

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
He was as key of a part as Romo or Dak would have been.

As soon as the coaching and talent eroded around Aikman...he became a horrible qb.

Only played 3 16 game seasons.

Sorry, loved the 90s Cowboys and Aikman but he was seriously overated.

That may be true, but it still doesnt detract from the Dak issue. I do hate the comparisons with Aikman and Romo.

The only thing that matters is that Dak seriously up's his: game awareness, throwing ability, ability to run (if HE doesnt run then he's a dead man walking as teams will just sit back and cover) and to overcome whatever psychological issues he may have when going through progressions and getting the ball away (without the hitch).

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Yes, so dumb to say you stick Dak on an all star team and he wins chips....oh boy.

I have to remember i am talking to peole who have convinced themselves that Dak can't even spell his own name.:facepalm:
KaD

Reactions: Ken

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Shanahan's philosophy is proven

Yep, the one thing that unites the fanbase is that we need to be a run first team....the problem arises when we're in long yardage 3rd down and whether Dak can step up when the pressure's on. That 3rd down is where teams will play deep coverage and rely on Dak's inability (to date, recently) from throwing.

Denver, San Fran and Tampa rushed 3 or 4 ....and goaded, go on Dak beat us. He needs to be able to run and chance his arm.

Problem then is whether Dak's problem is throwing into coverage (even with time) or his inability to get the ball away/or wait for the play to develop.....I dont know which, but it appears that Defense Co-ordinators throughout the league have.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
They also weren’t down 19-3 after the first series of the third quarter, with pretty much a whole half to play. They abandoned the run after that. If they continued at that pace they had run 12 times, it round have been around 24 runs.

Cooper Rush came in for Dak and had 14 plays and 14 of them were passes. So Moore didn’t call a single run play for Rush that game..

Like I said before, I’m surprised Dak didn’t pad his stats in garbage time throwing the ball after that series.

Dak fans make up stories. The guy has been exposed.
I often wonder why members here get so hurt for cheering their favorite team on. Waaaa "garbage time" waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa "pad stats"