Twitter: RGIII on the Cowboys return for Dak

75boyz

Reaction score
No deflection because you didnt ask a question before, you made comments..pretty simple:

Amari Cooper had his best years as a pro here with Dak...The owner made it clear and talked to the media about availability and why he traded him (that which cant be discussed here)

CeeDee Lamb was in fact the leading WR on the team last year so when his game does suite Dak will he have 2k yards?

Kellen Moore is the OC which literally means its his job to have a gameplan..and get this.. including what the audibles are and when and what to look for to audible, so since the mid of last season (before Dak was pretty i think) your saying that over that many games the OC and HC have a gameplan and the QB is wrecking it? Dak in fact played a bad game week 1 he threw into coverage several times and looked way to skits out..he needs to calm down run more when its full zone and and try and extend plays to find opens in the zone. The other teams players literally said they knew what we were goin to run slants and curls into full zone..thats not good. And lastley are we going to compare the 2 games as if the opposing defenses were the same? The first 2 drives looked great Cincy happened to be blitzing (you know rule #1 blitz the new QB) but then poof went into the "Book on KM" full zone and complete diferent story on offense..these are facts your welcome to try dispute them.

Weird, so is it an indictment on the playcaller or the passer if the playcaller is supposedly miffed by zone coverage or could it be the passer is incapable of making the consistent and accurate throws required to beat said zone.
Could it possibly be that plays designed to beat such zones are being called but not being executed by passer because he not only lacks the confidence to make those throws, but also the consistent passing ability/accuracy required to beat the zone.

It's like a blame hot potato with most recent reports confirming that this OC does in fact call run plays when previously believed not to.

AS for Amari it seems I recall him humbly mentioning targets. The next thing ya know Jerry starts talking Wr's running the wrong routes BS to justify Dak's slump last year. The next thing ya know Amari is shipped out. Kinda like when Beasley burnt his bridges publicly saying how he was NFL open but the throws weren't made his way.

But back to the OC or Dak issue. Well, would it be so hard to imagine that this same OC has called plays specifically designed to beat this defense and yet the QB can't or won't carry out the calls?

That is more probable than claiming ignorance or ineptitude on the OC's part.

Just wow.
It's Dak's kryptonite, not Kellen's.

My game watching glasses must really need their prescription adjusted compared to yours.

Consider your opinion disputed.

The funniest thing about all of this is I'm not the biggest KM fan Boi either. I just think he's better at his job than Dak is at his.

Last edited:

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
No deflection because you didnt ask a question before, you made comments..pretty simple:

Amari Cooper had his best years as a pro here with Dak...The owner made it clear and talked to the media about availability and why he traded him (that which cant be discussed here)

CeeDee Lamb was in fact the leading WR on the team last year so when his game does suite Dak will he have 2k yards?

Kellen Moore is the OC which literally means its his job to have a gameplan..and get this.. including what the audibles are and when and what to look for to audible, so since the mid of last season (before Dak was pretty i think) your saying that over that many games the OC and HC have a gameplan and the QB is wrecking it? Dak in fact played a bad game week 1 he threw into coverage several times and looked way to skits out..he needs to calm down run more when its full zone and and try and extend plays to find opens in the zone. The other teams players literally said they knew what we were goin to run slants and curls into full zone..thats not good. And lastley are we going to compare the 2 games as if the opposing defenses were the same? The first 2 drives looked great Cincy happened to be blitzing (you know rule #1 blitz the new QB) but then poof went into the "Book on KM" full zone and complete diferent story on offense..these are facts your welcome to try dispute them.

Teams know how we're going to play...there lies the crux of the disagreement. You blame KM for the play design, whilst I apportion a fair bit of the criticism on Dak as a OC can only design plays for the talent he has. Hence we run curl's as it's Dak's comfort route and they know that Dak doesnt like (or wont) throw long with deep 2 coverage.

The things we agree upon, is that Dak doesnt function as well when he pressured and needs to 'calm down' is an accurate assessment......and yes he needs the running game and more importantly, as you say, he needs to run himself (which's maybe what Jimmie Ward alluded to, with knowing how we'd play, if Dak doesnt run they rush 4 and cover 7).

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Weird, so is it an indictment on the playcaller or the passer if the playcaller is supposedly miffed by zone coverage or could it be the passer is incapable of making the consistent and accurate throws required to beat said zone.
Could it possibly be that plays designed to beat such zones are being called but not being executed by passers because he not only lacks the confidence to make those throws, but also the consistent passing ability/accuracy required to beat the zone?

It's like a blame hot potato with most recent reports confirming that this OC does in fact call run plays when previously believed not to.

AS for Amari, it seems I recall him humbly mentioning targets. The next thing ya know Jerry starts talking about Wr's running the wrong routes BS to justify Dak's slump last year. The next thing ya know Amari is shipped out. Kinda like when Beasley burnt his bridges publicly saying how he was NFL open but the throws weren't made his way.

But back to the OC or Dak issue. Well, would it be so hard to imagine that this same OC has called plays specifically designed to beat this defense and yet the QB can't or won't carry out the calls?

Just wow.

My game-watching glasses must really need their prescription adjusted compared to yours.

The funniest thing about all of this is I'm not the biggest KM fan Boi either. I just think he's better at his job than Dak is at his.
Nice post, and I agree.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Could it possibly be that plays designed to beat such zones are being called but not being executed by passer because he not only lacks the confidence to make those throws, but also the consistent passing ability/accuracy required to beat the zone.

AS for Amari it seems I recall him humbly mentioning targets. The next thing ya know Jerry starts talking Wr's running the wrong routes BS to justify Dak's slump last year. The next thing ya know Amari is shipped out. Kinda like when Beasley burnt his bridges publicly saying how he was NFL open but the throws weren't made his way.

Just wow.

My game watching glasses must really need their prescription adjusted compared to yours.

Well first your going to need to show me that Dak for sure is getting out of KM's plays against what KM is telling him what to do over several games, if you can I'll completley agree its Dak...we are not talking about 1 game its several and they all have the same defense scheme. the other teams players literally said they knew what was coming because its not changing at all. Now what makes more sense to you, the OC is telling the QB what to do over a 7 game stretch and he refuses to do it AND this is after film study with said player and coach all week going over what they will see and what they want to do or that the OC is not changing his scheme to counter this defense? Maybe you dont see the games clearly I dont know but i do know this full cover zone is now a standard against us and most QB's are not chomping at the bit to throw curls and slants on it. Also pretty much a givin that the OC and QB are doing hours of film study on the opposing D and coming up with tendancies and what to look for (hey if you have knowledge Dak wont study then again lets see it and I'm on board). LASTLY if the QB you have can not make the throws on the routes your giving against this D scheme then what would you do to beat it as an OC...keep running them?

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
These games are not played with no prep all week, the OC and QB literally are together all week looking at the other defense and game planning what they will see...It would be like a conspiracy theory to think over a 7 game stretch Dak and KM are not on the same page on what to look for and audible signs....its not like they just met Dak Wanted KM and KM wanted Dak but go ahead and try and sell me Dak is getting to gametime and just going way off script..nothing points to this.

75boyz

Reaction score
Teams know how we're going to play...there lies the crux of the disagreement. You blame KM for the play design, whilst I apportion a fair bit of the criticism on Dak as a OC can only design plays for the talent he has. Hence we run curl's as it's Dak's comfort route and they know that Dak doesnt like (or wont) throw long with deep 2 coverage.

The things we agree upon, is that Dak doesnt function as well when he pressured and needs to 'calm down' is an accurate assessment......and yes he needs the running game and more importantly, as you say, he needs to run himself (which's maybe what Jimmie Ward alluded to, with knowing how we'd play, if Dak doesnt run they rush 4 and cover 7).

Exactly.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score

So dont you think that would be in the gameplan? again we disagree on one main thing ..it is a huge stretch to think over the period of many games that the QB is just refusing to do anything the OC is wanting him to do.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Yeah,
Its just a follow up to me, Cap. If it's been said KM'S called a bunch of run plays that have been audibled out of.

Is it so strange to think that pass plays designed to beat those zone coverages haven't been audibled out of too?

Then you think the QB is just picking plays on audibles? I mean he has 2 plays going to line..right. there is no way that a QB can audible to just anyplay at the line...its not even gonna work. he is using a set audible, that OC scripted...how is this hard to see?

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
It says they got fleeced.

And if they did do you start the lesser QB during a year you cant change that if they are both healthy? Again you want an upgrade of Dak ..me too, trying to sell me Rush after that game aint it.

75boyz

Reaction score
So dont you think that would be in the gameplan? again we disagree on one main thing ..it is a huge stretch to think over the period of many games that the QB is just refusing to do anything the OC is wanting him to do.

I believe incapable of beating zone regardless of who his play caller is would be my ultimate characterization of him.

As many others have made the same judgment.

Last edited:

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
The OC does send in two plays, the quarterback decides what to run according to what the defense is showing. The execution is what determines if what the OC sends in is good or not.
shrugs it is what it is.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I believe incapable of beating zone regardless of who his play caller is would be my ultimate characterization of him.

As many others have made the same judgment.

Wait you seriously think that alot of QB's do well against full zone defense? I mean we can look this up if you like. When you rush 4 and drop 7 into coverage what are trying to stop?

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Lol...ok.

Yes . Dak and Romo could not have won super bowls with the most talented roster and best coaching staff in the league.

Do you understand how ridiculous that sounds?
Not even remotely as ridiculous as suggesting Aikman wasn't instrumental in the success of those teams.

I would have loved to see how Irvin handled over cautious Dak. If he played on this version of the Cowboys he'd be sent packing for being on Dak about not throwing him the damn ball. Lol

75boyz

Reaction score
Well first your going to need to show me that Dak for sure is getting out of KM's plays against what KM is telling him what to do over several games, if you can I'll completley agree its Dak...we are not talking about 1 game its several and they all have the same defense scheme. the other teams players literally said they knew what was coming because its not changing at all. Now what makes more sense to you, the OC is telling the QB what to do over a 7 game stretch and he refuses to do it AND this is after film study with said player and coach all week going over what they will see and what they want to do or that the OC is not changing his scheme to counter this defense? Maybe you dont see the games clearly I dont know but i do know this full cover zone is now a standard against us and most QB's are not chomping at the bit to throw curls and slants on it. Also pretty much a givin that the OC and QB are doing hours of film study on the opposing D and coming up with tendancies and what to look for (hey if you have knowledge Dak wont study then again lets see it and I'm on board). LASTLY if the QB you have can not make the throws on the routes your giving against this D scheme then what would you do to beat it as an OC...keep running them?

Bro, me and you are good. Always have been.
Your LASTLY statement/question pretty much sums up my feelings.
As I agree with pretty much every word you wrote prior to it as well.

I think Moore has identified and is attempting to defeat these zones but his QB's limitations limit his overall ability to do much regarding the pass plan.

I am looking forward to him getting back to some smash mouth principles once Peters and Tyler are on the left side.

Then it can be a more downhill run first system that Dak has to have in order for him to achieve success.

I've seen Dak's best. I'm interested if Rush can do any better with a good ground game.

But most likely what will happen is Dak will be given his job back and the run game and defense will support him to the point where several possible wins may come with him as the starter.

And then the playoffs will come and whether 8 in the box philosophy or dropping 6-7 in coverage and the pressure will once again be on Dak to make consistent tight window throws against playoff level comp.

And he won't.
Because he can't.

So why not see if Rush can...

That's all I'm sayin.

Ken

Reaction score
Not even remotely as ridiculous as suggesting Aikman wasn't instrumental in the success of those teams.

I would have loved to see how Irvin handled over cautious Dak. If he played on this version of the Cowboys he'd be sent packing for being on Dak about not throwing him the damn ball. Lol
He was as key of a part as Romo or Dak would have been.

As soon as the coaching and talent eroded around Aikman...he became a horrible qb.

Only played 3 16 game seasons.

Sorry, loved the 90s Cowboys and Aikman but he was seriously overated.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Something we all know. But Moore don’t. He is a terrible situational play caller. Just settle down and run the ball.
Moore will be the downfall of this team again just like last year. That #1 offense had a lot of inflation in a lot of games. I'd rather be a top ten offense with a top 5 running game than the number 1 offense with the number 15 running game.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
If they’re able to run the ball well, I absolutely agree. Once Peters is inserted they should be able to control the LOS.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
He was as key of a part as Romo or Dak would have been.

As soon as the coaching and talent eroded around Aikman...he became a horrible qb.

Only played 3 16 game seasons.

Sorry, loved the 90s Cowboys and Aikman but he was seriously overated.

The only place I ever hear that he was overrated, much less seriously overrated is here and only by a handful, most of whom are to young to remember or weren't even born yet and all of whom are hardcore Dak apologists.

They pay no credence to the beating he took his first three years, and even after, because he stood in there to make the play in an era where QB's could be leveled by rushers within a step as he let the ball go. When did his back problems become apparent? Those beatings he took had nothing to with his drop off in year 9ish of his career? It was entirely because he just drove the bus and was "horrible"? Come on dude...

Remember all those precision passes to Irvin on the deep outs and slants? Pure precision and timing, ball was out before Irvin was looking for it, and it was right where Irvin expected it to be when he did look for it. I wonder if Irvin would agree with you. Hell, Irvin wouldn't even be Irvin If Dak was at QB on those teams. That was some special stuff that we've never seen from Dak. Stuff that was instrumental to the success of those teams.

"Seriously overrated" and "horrible". You heard it here, folks.