Rich Eisen, Give Dak fewer throws that he has to make and fewer moments where Dak has to be the guy

offlimits

Reaction score
Jones “All-In” Rich Eisen’s Advice for Dallas Cowboys Owner Jerry Jones.

Rich Eisen Talks Of Derrick Henry.. Give Dak fewer throws that he has to make and fewer moments where Dak has to be the guy..

Rich Is Spot On and Absolutely Makes Sense.. :thumbup:

That was what MM's low-risk offense was supposed to do but Quinn's crap defense did not allow for it.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
The first thing I think about when I here that stuff is the person saying it doesn't know what he's talking about. The team stunk, it was 1-15 when they drafted Aikman. It wasn't filled with HoFers until they built the team INCLUDING Aikman. And, wasn't he one of the first of that team to be elevated into the Hall?

Jimmy Johnson said it best when he described Aikman as more interested in winning than stats. He could have been a primadonna but wasn't. And he was darn good when it mattered, in the playoffs!
Aikman would've had great stats on a West Coast offense. Both him and Irvin sacrificed their stats because this team was designed to pound the football with Emmitt and eat up the clock.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Aikman would've had great stats on a West Coast offense. Both him and Irvin sacrificed their stats because this team was designed to pound the football with Emmitt and eat up the clock.
Well said. Very few people seem to realize or remember this fact.

blueblood70

Reaction score
So limit him but pay him the richest contract in league history? Please make this make sense.
I'm not even reading that story but I'm gonna tell you right now if that's your reaction if that's what it means Troy Aikman also was one of the highest paid guys in the league never asked to do anything on his own very limited his touchdown interception ratio was not very good but guess what they did one of the best run games in the history of football and that including the offensive line and the coaching philosophy from top to bottom the team was protecting the quarterback if you look at it your way but for me that's what you call team play that's what you call situational football or as Mike McCarthy likes to say it's complementary football this has always been a team game...

Totally putting it on one player putting on their shoulders to be Superman when everything else around him is crumbling this is like saying that we don't need to fix the defense to go ahead and let it be like it was because we should expect the quarterback to score 45 points a game you know the old Tony Romo defense that's ridiculous a run game is important not just a single player like Derrick Henry but the philosophy to use a fullback and short yardage and to be able to run with other people you know like the 49ers no one's asked Brock Purdy to do Jack **** on his own I mean show me rock party when he misses one or two of his stars we're both offensive lines he doesn't look very good this has always been a team game there aren't many players in this league that can carry a team including quarterbacks...

So the assumption or the insinuation that fixing our run game and our offensive line that we shouldn't also have a good quarterback that means Troy Aikman and Roger Staubach were nothing but pawns and figure pieces because I watched those teams I know who they were they were run first they were defensive minded and then the quarterback did his thing they were never Superman they were never asked to do anything on their own not one of them carried their teams...​
So let's make sure before you start spouting off at the mouth acting as if we make this a Prescott friendly offense that somehow that's a knock on the quarterback and that we don't need a good quarterback the market for a top ten quarterback is what it is if you think you can win 36 games two division titles and go to the playoffs three straight years in the last three seasons with some spare part at quarterback you haven't been watching..​
Daniel Jones just got a $42 million contract and as much as they might regret that they did that because that is the going rate that's the bottom market right now for a top ten quarterback and Daniel Jones is not even a top ten quarterback...​
So let's choose our words better when we're talking about improving the team as if it's because Prescott can't do his job no the people around him are not doing their jobs it's makes it tough for him to do his job and that includes the defense but especially we have never put it all together while we've had a run game an offensive line and a defense in the same playoff game all show up to play because I guarantee you when that happens Prescott wins those games...​
So like I said I watch Brock Purdy I watch guys like Josh Allen have big slumps in the middle of the season when they lose their guys or their guys aren't doing all the work I mean do we not just see Josh Allen only have to throw for 90 yards and watch his running back run over us to win that game against us So what are are we gonna talk about Josh Allen's contract and how he shouldn't be paid since they gave the running back all those carries?

And again I've watched many quarterbacks in this league that are considered top notch half slumps when their teams are not doing well and that includes penalties and all the other garbage that goes along with complementary football in which we have never really found in the playoffs all in the same game...

So let's stop blaming the quarterback for him needing a better team around him the same goes with the head coach I mean literally you can't put together great game plans if your pieces are not there...

blueblood70

Reaction score
You know you have a QB when you have to keep limiting him every year.
Really first of all this is a outside source a media person saying things which I didn't open it and I'm not listening to it because it's nonsense they're not limiting him they wrote his *** this year once we lost that San Francisco game he carried his team through a lot of wins that people just seem to forget because of the last game this is a team game Troy Aikman and Roger Staubach and even Brock Purdy and some of the other dudes like Josh Allen are not asked to do things on their own and yet somehow when you hear someone say they need to limit fewer big moments for the quarterback they don't mean he can't do it they mean it would be nice if they had something else besides Prescott and CD Lam to show up in a game you know like Emmitt Smith Tony Dorsett Christian McCaffrey deebo Samual's ,you know guys like that on other teams that help their qb in big games in big moments and not have Prescott standing out there on an island play 1 dimensional football where his....ne is getting beat by a four man rush and they get top pay 7 men in zone to absolutely make it tought to make a completion ,no run game inconsistent ol, lack of separation etc etc..add in a defense that gave up like 7tds in a playoff game..

sure, let's put it all in the quarterback, he should win alone, BOGUS! we have watched all these quarterbacks that in the playoffs have isses when some of they top players are taken away by injury or just simply by the defense...I just watched LJ get shut down and his d only gave up 17 points and shut out in the 2nd half..only 10 points hmmm TEAM game.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Really first of all this is a outside source a media person saying things which I didn't open it and I'm not listening to it because it's nonsense they're not limiting him they wrote his *** this year once we lost that San Francisco game he carried his team through a lot of wins that people just seem to forget because of the last game this is a team game Troy Aikman and Roger Staubach and even Brock Purdy and some of the other dudes like Josh Allen are not asked to do things on their own and yet somehow when you hear someone say they need to limit fewer big moments for the quarterback they don't mean he can't do it they mean it would be nice if they had something else besides Prescott and CD Lam to show up in a game you know like Emmitt Smith Tony Dorsett Christian McCaffrey deebo Samual's ,you know guys like that on other teams that help their qb in big games in big moments and not have Prescott standing out there on an island play 1 dimensional football where his....ne is getting beat by a four man rush and they get top pay 7 men in zone to absolutely make it tought to make a completion ,no run game inconsistent ol, lack of separation etc etc..add in a defense that gave up like 7tds in a playoff game..

sure, let's put it all in the quarterback, he should win alone, BOGUS! we have watched all these quarterbacks that in the playoffs have isses when some of they top players are taken away by injury or just simply by the defense...I just watched LJ get shut down and his d only gave up 17 points and shut out in the 2nd half..only 10 points hmmm TEAM game.
It’s called tunnel vision. They don’t want to see the whole picture. They just want to *****.

jgboys1

Reaction score
Always good to pay franchise QB money for a QB just to be a guy, and being just a guy would be better than watching Dak melt in big games.

blueblood70

Reaction score
It’s called tunnel vision. They don’t want to see the whole picture. They just want to *****.
exactly they all need to play better it's a team game... they all need help that's just like Micah parsons could use better linebackers and DTs to help his game.. the team including the coaches in the playoff losses and responsible for these playoff failures, not the QB or HC alone..,

Ozymandias

Reaction score
Pay top dollar but make sure he doesn’t have to play like a top earner!! Yeah, that will surely be the key to winning a 6th Super Bowl…

There needs to be FUNDAMENTAL changes to the way we handle the football operation in this franchise. Change the foundation, not the shutters if you wanna see REAL winning.

What we have and have had has been proven over DECADES that it doesn’t work, but let’s keep hammering square pegs in round holes

khiladi

Reaction score
Some of us our tired off all the excuses. I think a Quarterback plays with what he is given. Dak has never had to play with a bad offensive line, at their lowest they may have been Okay offensive lines. But there is certainly a difference to the line that got Romo Injured to the ones that Dak has had. We've haven't seen Dak take a beating because of the line, despite him holding onto the ball a tad bit too long.
I said this years ago, there will come a time that the excuses for Dak with be the surrounding personnel, while ignoring the fact the franchise WASTED the talented roster for “the QB in training”. Well yeah, the defense dropped off a little this year, but that’s expected for any side of the ball when you choose to favor the “development” of a player over the surrounding talent.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
I'm not even reading that story but I'm gonna tell you right now if that's your reaction if that's what it means Troy Aikman also was one of the highest paid guys in the league never asked to do anything on his own very limited his touchdown interception ratio was not very good but guess what they did one of the best run games in the history of football and that including the offensive line and the coaching philosophy from top to bottom the team was protecting the quarterback if you look at it your way but for me that's what you call team play that's what you call situational football or as Mike McCarthy likes to say it's complementary football this has always been a team game...

Totally putting it on one player putting on their shoulders to be Superman when everything else around him is crumbling this is like saying that we don't need to fix the defense to go ahead and let it be like it was because we should expect the quarterback to score 45 points a game you know the old Tony Romo defense that's ridiculous a run game is important not just a single player like Derrick Henry but the philosophy to use a fullback and short yardage and to be able to run with other people you know like the 49ers no one's asked Brock Purdy to do Jack **** on his own I mean show me rock party when he misses one or two of his stars we're both offensive lines he doesn't look very good this has always been a team game there aren't many players in this league that can carry a team including quarterbacks...

So the assumption or the insinuation that fixing our run game and our offensive line that we shouldn't also have a good quarterback that means Troy Aikman and Roger Staubach were nothing but pawns and figure pieces because I watched those teams I know who they were they were run first they were defensive minded and then the quarterback did his thing they were never Superman they were never asked to do anything on their own not one of them carried their teams...​
So let's make sure before you start spouting off at the mouth acting as if we make this a Prescott friendly offense that somehow that's a knock on the quarterback and that we don't need a good quarterback the market for a top ten quarterback is what it is if you think you can win 36 games two division titles and go to the playoffs three straight years in the last three seasons with some spare part at quarterback you haven't been watching..​
Daniel Jones just got a $42 million contract and as much as they might regret that they did that because that is the going rate that's the bottom market right now for a top ten quarterback and Daniel Jones is not even a top ten quarterback...​
So let's choose our words better when we're talking about improving the team as if it's because Prescott can't do his job no the people around him are not doing their jobs it's makes it tough for him to do his job and that includes the defense but especially we have never put it all together while we've had a run game an offensive line and a defense in the same playoff game all show up to play because I guarantee you when that happens Prescott wins those games...​
So like I said I watch Brock Purdy I watch guys like Josh Allen have big slumps in the middle of the season when they lose their guys or their guys aren't doing all the work I mean do we not just see Josh Allen only have to throw for 90 yards and watch his running back run over us to win that game against us So what are are we gonna talk about Josh Allen's contract and how he shouldn't be paid since they gave the running back all those carries?

And again I've watched many quarterbacks in this league that are considered top notch half slumps when their teams are not doing well and that includes penalties and all the other garbage that goes along with complementary football in which we have never really found in the playoffs all in the same game...

So let's stop blaming the quarterback for him needing a better team around him the same goes with the head coach I mean literally you can't put together great game plans if your pieces are not there...

Dak ain’t Aikman never will be. Aikman could do it on his own he was never asked to. Everyone acts like Dak never had a run game he had Zeke who lead the league in rushing. Sorry man nothing you can say will make this story any better. You can’t justify giving someone 60 year who isn’t capable of doing it by himself when it’s broken, you just can’t. So why make everything around him perfect? It ain’t always gonna be perfect, so get me a guy who can do it if you’re gonna pay that kinda money to someone. How are you going to build a team around someone who takes up what 25-30% of your cap space? This ain’t Mahomes you need an out with this dude and you gotta start looking elsewhere. Dak is who is gonna be. Much like many QBs before him. Talented, but just not enough.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Dak ain’t Aikman never will be. Aikman could do it on his own he was never asked to. Everyone acts like Dak never had a run game he had Zeke who lead the league in rushing. Sorry man nothing you can say will make this story any better. You can’t justify giving someone 60 year who isn’t capable of doing it by himself when it’s broken, you just can’t. So why make everything around him perfect? It ain’t always gonna be perfect, so get me a guy who can do it if you’re gonna pay that kinda money to someone. How are you going to build a team around someone who takes up what 25-30% of your cap space? This ain’t Mahomes you need an out with this dude and you gotta start looking elsewhere. Dak is who is gonna be. Much like many QBs before him. Talented, but just not enough.
And I'm telling you you're wrong, Troy aikman's touchdown interception ratio was not good, he threw a lot of interceptions both RS and in the playoffs his team covered it up yes we had zeke , a good run game in 2016 and 2018 problem was the defense didn't show up....

I mean do you do not listen when I say team game I'm at all of it all of it play together including a coaching staff and game plans when it counts and no Tony Romo and Prescott did never get that in a playoff game and that is why we are talking about a drought...

You can keep smelling that crap that you want to smell from what Roger and Troy did or didn't do from your memory banks but the fact is they made mistakes, and they needed a strong run game and a defense and some of the best coaches on the planet to make sure they got where they got.. And guess what they still lost games when their team **** the bed 21 nothing first year that Jimmy was gone they lost that game by 10 points to the San Francisco 49ers isn't that ironic we've seen it with all the big names around the NFL you gotta have a team and it has to all play well in order for you to go further Troy Aikman in my opinion are not better than Prescott or Romo were on better teams and I'm talking about better top to bottom GM's coaches situational football they had run games and defenses that actually played well in the playoffs...​
roger

td 153-109 ints Playoffs 24td 19INTs(umm none of those critical LMAO) UMM OK

Troy-

165-141 playoffs 23tds-17 INts(right none critical huh?) no way jimmy would have put up with that

Dwhite

155-132 playoffs 15-17 WOW no way TL puts up with mistakes at critical time LOL

literally there were years when Troy was asked to do so little that he only threw 13 touchdowns and 12 interceptions and somehow they got into the playoffs and got to a Super Bowl that is what we're talking about taking the ball out of their hands because they never asked to do it all and you say well you think they could have no you don't know that because they were never asked to and they still made mistakes how is it they were put in situations where the defense and run games were so good they still threw a lot of interceptions??​
Please don't try to bring the nonsense in here about the hero was different I know when a player throws an interception it's an interception it affects the game the same way as it does now The thing is they're teams can absorb it just like recently we watched teams step up it helped their quarterback out when he throws 2 interceptions in a Super Bowl and still win in Matthew Stafford when the league in interceptions and somehow his team overcomes it I call it you absorb those because you're that good of a team...​
You show me those teams that Prescott and Romo have been on and I'll call you a liar because they don't exist....​

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
And I'm telling you you're wrong, Troy aikman's touchdown interception ratio was not good, he threw a lot of interceptions both RS and in the playoffs his team covered it up yes we had zeke , a good run game in 2016 and 2018 problem was the defense didn't show up....

I mean do you do not listen when I say team game I'm at all of it all of it play together including a coaching staff and game plans when it counts and no Tony Romo and Prescott did never get that in a playoff game and that is why we are talking about a drought...

You can keep smelling that crap that you want to smell from what Roger and Troy did or didn't do from your memory banks but the fact is they made mistakes, and they needed a strong run game and a defense and some of the best coaches on the planet to make sure they got where they got.. And guess what they still lost games when their team **** the bed 21 nothing first year that Jimmy was gone they lost that game by 10 points to the San Francisco 49ers isn't that ironic we've seen it with all the big names around the NFL you gotta have a team and it has to all play well in order for you to go further Troy Aikman in my opinion are not better than Prescott or Romo were on better teams and I'm talking about better top to bottom GM's coaches situational football they had run games and defenses that actually played well in the playoffs...​
roger

td 153-109 ints Playoffs 24td 19INTs(umm none of those critical LMAO) UMM OK

Troy-

165-141 playoffs 23tds-17 INts(right none critical huh?) no way jimmy would have put up with that

Dwhite

155-132 playoffs 15-17 WOW no way TL puts up with mistakes at critical time LOL

literally there were years when Troy was asked to do so little that he only threw 13 touchdowns and 12 interceptions and somehow they got into the playoffs and got to a Super Bowl that is what we're talking about taking the ball out of their hands because they never asked to do it all and you say well you think they could have no you don't know that because they were never asked to and they still made mistakes how is it they were put in situations where the defense and run games were so good they still threw a lot of interceptions??​
Please don't try to bring the nonsense in here about the hero was different I know when a player throws an interception it's an interception it affects the game the same way as it does now The thing is they're teams can absorb it just like recently we watched teams step up it helped their quarterback out when he throws 2 interceptions in a Super Bowl and still win in Matthew Stafford when the league in interceptions and somehow his team overcomes it I call it you absorb those because you're that good of a team...​
You show me those teams that Prescott and Romo have been on and I'll call you a liar because they don't exist....​
I stopped reading here as I didn’t read past this sentence. This statement is flawed. You’re comparing 2 different eras with how DBs were allowed to play. That’s why you had a higher rate of QBs who failed. You put Aikman in this era and it’s lights out, you put dak in that era he makes 2 years at best.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I stopped reading here as I didn’t read past this sentence. This statement is flawed. You’re comparing 2 different eras with how DBs were allowed to play. That’s why you had a higher rate of QBs who failed. You put Aikman in this era and it’s lights out, you put dak in that era he makes 2 years at best.
And I knew you were gonna say that and I don't care an interception is an interception you don't have to read it they made mistakes they weren't perfect and they weren't told to play on their own in one-dimensional football ever I watched all the games in the 90s I've seen all the replays from some of the 70s games they literally relied on the run game first great defense good special teams and great coaching which we have not put together for Romo or Prescott in any big playoff game let alone some of the big games against teams over 500 in the regular season..... You don't have to choose to read I'm mistake some mistake literally with all that protection they still threw a lot of interceptions it's all true it's all in black and white they were not supermen they did not carry the team ever...

The fact you think they weren't asked to is a moot point they never needed to they literally had a better team concept great teams Tony Romo and Prescott far too often had played with a bad defense or no run game or a team imploding with say 14 penalties in a playoff game and then you all think they should be able to win that game when I've never seen Troy Roger have to do it.... That doesn't matter what year they're in they still made mistakes they're still had their team picked them up when it was needed and the fact is our two most criticized quarterbacks here you put them on those teams they still win...

Chasing6

Reaction score
Jones “All-In” Rich Eisen’s Advice for Dallas Cowboys Owner Jerry Jones.

Rich Eisen Talks Of Derrick Henry.. Give Dak fewer throws that he has to make and fewer moments where Dak has to be the guy..

Rich Is Spot On and Absolutely Makes Sense.. :thumbup:

All that mean is get a running game.