Rich Eisen, Give Dak fewer throws that he has to make and fewer moments where Dak has to be the guy

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
To top it off the Chiefs D held the Ravens to 10 points in a playoff game on the road. That is impressive regardless of what's happening at QB.
That's why I say "GET ME A DOMINATE DEFENSE" We will win with, Dak. Super Bowl is coming down to which defense wins. Not which quarterback!

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
IceStar, I'm not going to argue with you, even though you might think Dak is consistent enough, I don't think he is. And, I think we all saw and were aghast at the way the defense played.

I've just reached a point where I believe the whole thing should be blown up and rebuilt. But, if it was, I believe the Jones would screw it up again. I'm just frustrated.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
IceStar, I'm not going to argue with you, even though you might think Dak is consistent enough, I don't think he is. And, I think we all saw and were aghast at the way the defense played.

I've just reached a point where I believe the whole thing should be blown up and rebuilt. But, if it was, I believe the Jones would screw it up again. I'm just frustrated.
Agreed. But if you are Micah or CeeDee would you want to stay around for a rebuild.? All I'm saying if you're going to rebuild . Rebuild from the cement up. That would mean anybody worth trading should be gone. PS not arguing-discussing. I respect your point of view.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
These Dak worshippers are smoking that good stuff. Need to goto rehab and get off that Dakcotic lol
No...It's called being realistic.... Saying you dislike or hate someone doesn't change the facts. Fact is Dallas is in far worse shape without Dak versus with him. Rebuild is a whole different story. Jerry is not going to do it unless forced to.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
No...It's called being realistic.... Saying you dislike or hate someone doesn't change the facts. Fact is Dallas is in far worse shape without Dak versus with him. Rebuild is a whole different story. Jerry is not going to do it unless forced to.
What facts prove that we’re better off without your idol? Last I checked we went 4-1 without him. Small sample but doesn’t scream we will be nothing without him.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Okay, fair question.

How many playoff games (or any game) do you think the Cowboys would win scoring just 17 points, none in the second half?

Because that's what the Chiefs and their defense just did in the AFC Championship. Not every offense clicks constantly, not even one led by Patrick Mahomes. This is why the ENTIRE team matters. If Dak did what Mahomes just did, he would be labeled a choker because there is no way this defense would hold a playoff team under 17.

DISCLAIMER: I am not making excuses for Dak NOR comparing him to Mahomes AT ALL. But I think that game serves as proof that Super Bowl runs are led by quality TEAMS, not just a quality quarterback.

Because if Mahomes had Dallas' defense for support last Sunday, he would be watching the Super Bowl just like Dak. Just something to think about objectively.

khiladi

Reaction score
Very odd that people think the QB should be enough based on salary while other areas just aren't very good. No doubt Prescott has to be better but so does everything else including the run game which really has been terrible. You want to win playoff games, the rushing attack is equally important.
LOL.. how many times Dak fans got to recycle excuses. Dak had had one of the best rushing attacks for the first couple of years he was on the team and still had an amazing 1-2 punch of Zeke and Pollard until Zeke’s injury.. at one point both of them in the 22 personell were averaging over 5 YPC.. we’ve been wasting the talent for a the Jason Garrett experiment at QB that is Dak..

khiladi

Reaction score
Okay, fair question.

How many playoff games (or any game) do you think the Cowboys would win scoring just 17 points, none in the second half?

Because that's what the Chiefs and their defense just did in the AFC Championship. Not every offense clicks constantly, not even one led by Patrick Mahomes. This is why the ENTIRE team matters. If Dak did what Mahomes just did, he would be labeled a choker because there is no way this defense would hold a playoff team under 17.

DISCLAIMER: I am not making excuses for Dak NOR comparing him to Mahomes AT ALL. But I think that game serves as proof that Super Bowl runs are led by quality TEAMS, not just a quality quarterback.

Because if Mahomes had Dallas' defense for support last Sunday, he would be watching the Super Bowl just like Dak. Just something to think about objectively.
Sounds exactly like you are excusing Dak and you are comparing him to Mahomes..
what did Dak do against the 49ers the last 2 years in the playoffs?

khiladi

Reaction score
Very odd that people think the QB should be enough based on salary while other areas just aren't very good. No doubt Prescott has to be better but so does everything else including the run game which really has been terrible. You want to win playoff games, the rushing attack is equally important.
Do you Dak-bots pretend like Dak never had one of the best rushing attacks in the NFL for the first half of his career and even when Pollard came Zeke and him were averaging over 5 YPC for a significant stretch of the season, going like 6-1 until they faced Denver where Dak proceeded to suck and then look mediocre then rest of the way only to play like crap against the 49ers in the playoffs?

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Sounds exactly like you are excusing Dak and you are comparing him to Mahomes..
what did Dak do against the 49ers the last 2 years in the playoffs?
He sucked. Like I said, I am not excusing Dak.

But my point is this. If Dak Prescott led an offense that only scored 17 and was shutout the second half in a playoff game, what would the reaction on this forum be?

If the Chiefs defense played poorly against the Ravens, Mahomes' effort Sunday would not have been enough.

So this is my point: if the Cowboys build this team correctly- like the Chiefs built their team- they would be able to overcome bad Dak days. Because the Chiefs just overcame a bad Mahomes day.

Right now the Cowboys (and many fans too) expect Dak to do something consistently that not even Mahomes can do. And that is totally unrealistic because we all know Dak is not anywhere near Mahomes. Just think about it and you'll see the point I'm trying to make.

Blitzen

Reaction score
I love all the double talk. It’s not all Dak when the team is losing in the playoffs. The team is in far worse shape without Dak versus with him-which is blaming large portions of winning games on Dak.

The biggest reason for winning games is Dak in that case. The biggest reasons for losing them are take your pick: the coaches, poor receivers, the defense, the lineman, the linebackers, the scheme, whiney receivers, dropped passes, predictable routes, Garrett, poor running game, Zeke and his bloated salary, Jerry Jones (yes but not for the reasons you state), the Dutch, sky-mirror, poor penmanship, the glare through the endzone windows, Amari Cooper’s lack of passion, run defense, missed interceptions, luck, getting jobbed from the zebras, lack of high end weapons, not enough dominating play calls, coaching motivation, a curse, lack of fan support, etc.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
dak-in-a-dress.jpg

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Okay, fair question.

Disclaimer you are making excuses for Dak because now we’re using outliers to prove the norm. How many games would you say that Mahommes hasn’t shown up in a playoff game compared to Dak? Forget all this defense and blame everyone else madness. Answer that question.

Big_D

Reaction score
LOL.. how many times Dak fans got to recycle excuses. Dak had had one of the best rushing attacks for the first couple of years he was on the team and still had an amazing 1-2 punch of Zeke and Pollard until Zeke’s injury.. at one point both of them in the 22 personell were averaging over 5 YPC.. we’ve been wasting the talent for a the Jason Garrett experiment at QB that is Dak..
The D sucked at that point and DT was largely ignored. Jerry certainly didn't build a quality team. 2016 was their best year.. after that it was down hill until they got desperate and traded for Cooper, but the D was still not very good and by 2019.. the Ram debacle. Now 2024 and they still can't stop the run. Run the ball, stop the run. Those are the 2 biggest things. Zeke for 3 years was good, but the D simply was not. That's not an excuse. Having one aspect without the other isn't getting it done. This goes for any team that wins championships. Those things are necessary.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He sucked. Like I said, I am not excusing Dak.

But my point is this. If Dak Prescott led an offense that only scored 17 and was shutout the second half in a playoff game, what would the reaction on this forum be?

If the Chiefs defense played poorly against the Ravens, Mahomes' effort Sunday would not have been enough.

So this is my point: if the Cowboys build this team correctly- like the Chiefs built their team- they would be able to overcome bad Dak days. Because the Chiefs just overcame a bad Mahomes day.

Right now the Cowboys (and many fans too) expect Dak to do something consistently that not even Mahomes can do. And that is totally unrealistic because we all know Dak is not anywhere near Mahomes. Just think about it and you'll see the point I'm trying to make.
If the Cowboys won the game, we'd be ecstatic, 17 points or not! Certainly you see the difference between scoring 17 in the first half and winning vs scoring 30 in the second and losing.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Disclaimer you are making excuses for Dak because now we’re using outliers to prove the norm. How many games would you say that Mahommes hasn’t shown up in a playoff game compared to Dak? Forget all this defense and blame everyone else madness. Answer that question.
In Mahomes' case I had to pick an oulier game to prove my point.

Most teams, including Dallas, do not have the luxury of having a generational talent at QB like Mahomes. So they need TEAM efforts to consistently win big games.

Listen, I am not absolving Dak of the blame. He deserves all that he is getting. But I think too many fans have blinders on and think ditching Dak suddenly makes everything better. The way the entire team played against Green Bay worries me. Change the QB in that game and the result is still the same. Maybe a little closer, but still a loss.

My point is, imagine if the Cowboys had a defense like the Chiefs. They held the Ravens to ten points the entire game. The Cowboys gave up 7 to Green Bay before Dak even took the field.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
If the Cowboys won the game, we'd be ecstatic, 17 points or not! Certainly you see the difference between scoring 17 in the first half and winning vs scoring 30 in the second and losing.
I also see the difference between a defense allowing just 10 the entire game and not 48 the entire game. Dallas was down before the offense even touched the field.