Richard: It's on me

lonestar2288

Reaction score
Simply put, the Defense had their weakness' exposed last night. The gameplan and adjustments should have been better, but the front 4 came crashing back to earth after a Cinderella run. The cracks had started to show back in the Colts game. Woods, Collins...let's be honest anyone and everyone who played on the front 4 last night got owned. Where was Tank? Gregory? The 2 pressures I can clearly recall all game came from LVE and J. Smith. The run D was was non existent. For as good as they looked most of the season, key positions (DT and S) need a talent infusion. There is some really good building blocks here, but some tweaks and additions are needed to be consistently greatcIMO

catiii

Reaction score
With Richard being promoted to D-Coordinator, does this mean we'll finally invest in a BIG +300lb 1-T D-Tackle? I want some big immovable object on that D line to keep our LBs clean, and plug up the running lanes. I never really watched Seattle's D. Anyone know what a Richard D-line looks like?

Yes. Hoping for a guy with the nik-name "engine block" or "boxcar."

Pants

Reaction score
Richard is the type of guy you build a coaching staff around...he took responsibility immediately....lamehan was hiding in a corner and wouldn't talk to the press

my God, Jones had better MINIMALLY ****-can Scotty, minimally...and take all of his worthless coaching "selections" with him (i.e.: Moore)

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Because it’s not all on him. I guess you want him to lie?
He doesn’t hire his own staff. Jerry does.

So when we win, Garrett is a hero, but when we lose he's a victim? :huh:
Ohhh-K.

Last edited:

aria

Reaction score
I couldn’t care less about Richard, did anyone see him yell?

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Because it’s not all on him.
I guess you want him to lie?
He doesn’t hire his own staff. Jerry does.

It wasn't all on Richard either, but Richard was the only coach with enough character to stand up and take the hit instead of trying to play the victim.
Not only that, but Richard is NOT the DL coach, but our DL got killed by the Rams run game!

erod

Reaction score
It wasn't all on Richard either, but Richard was the only coach with enough character to stand up and take the hit instead of trying to play the victim.
Not only that, but Richard is NOT the DL coach, but our DL got killed by the Rams run game!
Richard is also the only coach who spent much of his week interviewing for other jobs instead of preparing for the the Rams.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Richard is also the only coach who spent much of his week interviewing for other jobs instead of preparing for the the Rams.

Does Richard coach the Front 4 ( HotBoyz ) that got destroyed by the Rams' OL? The Ram's RBs had holes the size of a Mack truck to run through, but everybody wants to talk about Defensive backs coach Richard. Here all this time I thought Marinelli coached the DL. That's what it says in the DC website.
Or is Marinelli just another victim like Garrett?
Looks to me like there's only one man in the whole bunch, Richard.

Last edited:

LPerez

Reaction score
McVay is one of the best play callers in business, had the defense guessing all night. Hope Jerry took notice.

do you think another team might take our GM? The league would laugh if he sold the Cowboys and offered himself as available to be a GM of *ANY* team

we need a new GM and that aint happening

zeroburrito

Reaction score
yea he's terrible. linehan wasn't much better though. both need to probably see the door.

superonyx

Reaction score
So when we win, Garrett is a hero, but when we lose he's a victim? :huh:
Ohhh-K.
What in Christ are you talking about.
If you want to debate something I said then use something I said. Adding your own spin to someone else’s words just makes you look nuts.

superonyx

Reaction score
I like the way Richard handled it also.
But what are you talking about with the victim stuff.
Who claimed to be a victim and what did they say.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Garrett is the biggest issue, because he represents Jerry’s stubbornness the most. Jerry has gotten rid of plenty of coaches, but he does everything to protect Garrett. If Garrett is gone I just don’t see Jerry as invested in being right with his wrong decisions and not changing, because getting rid of Garrett really means squashing his ego.

The best thing Jones can do is find the best coach possible to run this team and get credit for it. He thinks that by calling most of the shots makes him look smarter. But money can't buy common sense. Jerry and family are the modern day hillbillies. Struck gold and made it rich. They are fooling themselves thinking that they know something about pro football and are trying to hard to prove people wrong.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
I like the way Richard handled it also.
But what are you talking about with the victim stuff.
Who claimed to be a victim and what did they say

In post #164, you said:
Because it’s not all on him. (Garrett)
......He doesn’t hire his own staff. Jerry does.

While the person directly in charge of coaching the DL that got destroyed by the Ram's OL is Marinelli, the title "Head Coach" denotes overall responsibility.
When Garrett gets paid, he accepts that responsibility. When we win he accepts the accolades that go with it.
But when we lost the big one, Richard stood up and accepted responsibility like a man and the rest of them ran for the tall grass.
Nobody stood up and said anything like Richard did. In all honesty, I have never heard Garrett make any kind of statement like Richard did. It's always He or We, but never Me.....OR he just blames it on failure to execute. (another We)

Here on the forum many members frequently post about how the team always plays hard for Garrett, and that Garrett always has his team ready to play. Until we lose. Our defense was not ready to play. The Rams ran roughshod over our DL, which has become known for it's strength against the run and even named themselves the HotBoyz, but our DL was ice cold Saturday night.
Richard does not coach the DL, Marinelli does.
But Richard showed more character than the rest of the coaches including Garrett when he stood up and accepted responsibility.

Garrett helped draft these guys, helped supervise their training, supervised the coaches under him, and oversees the entire operation. They do it HIS way because HE is the Head Coach.
If we credit Garrett for the wins but blame Jerry and coaching staff for the losses by saying "he doesn't hire his own staff", it portrays Garrett
as a victim when we lose but a hero when we win.
Hence the use of the word "victim."

When they flip the coin to start the game you can't call heads and tails both, you can only call one or the other.
If Garrett gets credit for the wins, then he also gets credit for the losses. It goes with the title of Head Coach.

Last edited: