Richard: It's on me

superonyx

Reaction score
In post #164, you said:
Because it’s not all on him. (Garrett)
......He doesn’t hire his own staff. Jerry does.

While the person directly in charge of coaching the DL that got destroyed by the Ram's OL is Marinelli, the title "Head Coach" denotes overall responsibility.
When Garrett gets paid, he accepts that responsibility. When we win he accepts the accolades that go with it.
But when we lost the big one, Richard stood up and accepted responsibility like a man and the rest of them ran for the tall grass.
Nobody stood up and said anything like Richard did. In all honesty, I have never heard Garrett make any kind of statement like Richard did. It's always He or We, but never Me.....OR he just blames it on failure to execute. (another We)

Here on the forum many members frequently post about how the team always plays hard for Garrett, and that Garrett always has his team ready to play. Until we lose. Our defense was not ready to play. The Rams ran roughshod over our DL, which has become known for it's strength against the run and even named themselves the HotBoyz, but our DL was ice cold Saturday night.
Richard does not coach the DL, Marinelli does.
But Richard showed more character than the rest of the coaches including Garrett when he stood up and accepted responsibility.

Garrett helped draft these guys, helped supervise their training, supervised the coaches under him, and oversees the entire operation. They do it HIS way because HE is the Head Coach.
If we credit Garrett for the wins but blame Jerry and coaching staff for the losses by saying "he doesn't hire his own staff", it portrays Garrett
as a victim when we lose but a hero when we win.
Hence the use of the word "victim."

When they flip the coin to start the game you can't call heads and tails both, you can only call one or the other.
If Garrett gets credit for the wins, then he also gets credit for the losses. It goes with the title of Head Coach.

So you are upset because a bunch of middle aged dudes on a football forum are not roasting JG because they realize we have a dysfunctional organization structure that’s has the owner playing Coach?
Yet you bounce the words of forum fans onto JG so you can justify your anger with him. You are pretending JG is playing a victim when in fact nothing he has ever said was victim stances. If JG would have just said to put all the blame on himself then you would be mad at him for not holding others accountable.

To put forum members words into JGs mouth already is a fail.

I sometimes forget how many people have trouble with blurring the lines of reality between the internet and real life. I thought mayb JG was playing the victim as you said....come to find out it’s something weird you did to justify your anger.

Mr_Strol

Reaction score
Yeah it was one him. Thats was one of the most embarrassing defensive performances I have ever seen. Kris Richard is reaching insane levels of overrated. Because hes passionate hes a good coach? Can somebody please explain what tangibly makes Kris Richard a great coach?

Buzzbait

Reaction score
So you are upset because a bunch of middle aged dudes on a football forum are not roasting JG because they realize we have a dysfunctional organization structure that’s has the owner playing Coach?
Yet you bounce the words of forum fans onto JG so you can justify your anger with him. You are pretending JG is playing a victim when in fact nothing he has ever said was victim stances. If JG would have just said to put all the blame on himself then you would be mad at him for not holding others accountable.

To put forum members words into JGs mouth already is a fail.

I sometimes forget how many people have trouble with blurring the lines of reality between the internet and real life. I thought mayb JG was playing the victim as you said....come to find out it’s something weird you did to justify your anger.

I'm not angry at anyone, and you're assessment is so inaccurate it's not worth arguing about. Bottom line is I have a lot more respect for Richard than Garrett. I liked Garrett when he first joined the Cowboys as an OC, but he killed that over time. That's on him, not on me.

uvaballa

Reaction score
That’s coach garbage to protect his players. The simple fact is,they had better players than Dallas could defend. Just man for man,they got beat and all the coaching and X’s and O’s can’t change that.
I get what you’re saying but having the best players doesn’t mean you’ll win. Coaching and schemes have a lot to do with it during the playoffs.

Hadenough

Reaction score
I swear,it did cross my mind that all this head coaching pursuit might be a distraction.
Then again, the Rams OC did just fine and he’ll be going to Cincy as HC.
Two weeks to prepare!

superonyx

Reaction score
I'm not angry at anyone, and you're assessment is so inaccurate it's not worth arguing about. Bottom line is I have a lot more respect for Richard than Garrett. I liked Garrett when he first joined the Cowboys as an OC, but he killed that over time. That's on him, not on me.
Everyone does.
But who hired Richard? Does JG have the power to actually hire his own coordinators? Can he fire Marinelli and start calling plays himself? I think we all know the answers to these questions.

The only guy in this organization that can truly put all the blame on himself is Jerry.
The rest are neutered.

Accepting these facts doesn’t mean you are letting JG off the hook. It’s just accepting reality of this organization.

Chrispierce

Reaction score
I get what you’re saying but having the best players doesn’t mean you’ll win. Coaching and schemes have a lot to do with it during the playoffs.
I don’t care how good their coaching would have been,they weren’t beating those guys,they simply were better. That’s the point of my point,not ...”Coaching don’t mean a damn thing in ball games”.

khiladi

Reaction score
The best thing Jones can do is find the best coach possible to run this team and get credit for it. He thinks that by calling most of the shots makes him look smarter. But money can't buy common sense. Jerry and family are the modern day hillbillies. Struck gold and made it rich. They are fooling themselves thinking that they know something about pro football and are trying to hard to prove people wrong.

Jerry is definitely a talented business-man that knows how to make money as far as licensing and sales. He brought that to the NFL. But even a salesperson can’t sell mediocrity for years without getting exposed.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
McVay is one of the best play callers in business, had the defense guessing all night. Hope Jerry took notice.

They're going to beat up the Saints, just like they did us.

Rams win the Bowl, is my best guess.

uvaballa

Reaction score
I don’t care how good their coaching would have been,they weren’t beating those guys,they simply were better. That’s the point of my point,not ...”Coaching don’t mean a damn thing in ball games”.
I don’t agree with that at all. Patriots have less talent than many teams but still win. That’s mainly do to the coaching. They change their schemes weekly due to who they’re playing. Seahawks coaching cost them a SB not running the ball from the 1.

Players have to execute (block, tackle, etc) but if coaches are doing things like making man to man corners play zone they’re at a disadvantage.

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Has Garrett ever really said this after a big loss?

I ask because frankly I don’t really know.
Garrett when asked what he could've done better after a loss:
giphy.gif