Richard: It's on me

marchetta

Reaction score
That’s coach garbage to protect his players. The simple fact is,they had better players than Dallas could defend. Just man for man,they got beat and all the coaching and X’s and O’s can’t change that.

Richard knows that. We know that. The point is, in spite of that, he still took the blame to deflect the criticism away from his players. That tells you about his character, and why the players love playing for him.

marchetta

Reaction score
With Richard being promoted to D-Coordinator, does this mean we'll finally invest in a BIG +300lb 1-T D-Tackle? I want some big immovable object on that D line to keep our LBs clean, and plug up the running lanes. I never really watched Seattle's D. Anyone know what a Richard D-line looks like?

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
the players and coaches all sucked equally so yes it was on him but not him alone

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
At least he owned up to it.

tenor.gif

JeffInDC

Reaction score
With Richard being promoted to D-Coordinator, does this mean we'll finally invest in a BIG +300lb 1-T D-Tackle? I want some big immovable object on that D line to keep our LBs clean, and plug up the running lanes. I never really watched Seattle's D. Anyone know what a Richard D-line looks like?

His first 2 years, he had Athyba Rubin at the 1T (I know Rubin was easily 320+) and Brandon Mebane was the 3T when healthy. His last year, they had Jarran Reed at the 1 and Sheldon Richardson at 3 and their run D suffered. Plus, his last year included the major injuries to Kam and Sherman - they ended up 11th in points allowed (the 2 years prior, they were Top 5).

glimmerman

Reaction score
We needed this game. Defense is NOT a finished product. DT's and safeties are suspect. This underlined that point if they didnt know that yet.
We faced better lines this year and was still stopping the run. I am having a hard time with the way we gave it up. Every time we got even close to goff he made a bad throw. He was scared but he could simply hand it off and get 6 yards. Embarrassing is what it was.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
We faced better lines this year and was still stopping the run. I am having a hard time with the way we gave it up. Every time we got even close to goff he made a bad throw. He was scared but he could simply hand it off and get 6 yards. Embarrassing is what it was.

What better lines did we face? Rams is one of the best.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I thought the colts had a better line when we played them. Of course we lost but stopped the run better than last night.

Colts have a very good line. Cleaned it up in two years time. Went from one of the worst to one of the best. Same with Rams actually.

Reactions: BAT