Richard Sherman arrested, denied bail

Status
Not open for further replies.

plymkr

Reaction score
First thing Jerry said when he heard the news: "So what's the vet minimum for a guy like him?"
Lol, actually there's probably truth to that. I'd definitely take him for the vet minimum. Unless it comes out he's a wife beating abuser or beats his kids or something. I have very sympathy for wife/women abusers or child abusers. I still am not happy about Ball being drafted by us. But everyone can change and everyone messes up in their lives. I hope with RS this is not a big deal and it's not representative of who he is.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I know this is rare but you are right, wish the folks would read the whole report and not condemn or jump to conclusions on the guy, no bail just the way it is in Seattle for DV for everyone. Sure he has a good lawyer wish everyone would just wait before pitch forks and bond fires start.
True, arent all drugs legal there,, heroin, meph, coke?

Gremell12

Reaction score
Guess is he got drunk, crashed, realize he was gonna get a dui or in trouble and was pissed off, said he tried to fight the uncle (so not a female fwiw). Not an ideal scenario but could have been alot worse. Alcohol is wild.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
People don't drink a bottle of Hennessy and a bottle of vodka one time.

He's done that before and had to build up that kind of tolerance. That much alcohol would kill most people.

I’ve done a bottle of Henny and a bottle of Laphroaig in a day. I do not recommend.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Lol. Ok. So we are good with lying to police and potentially getting someone shot for a past issue now. Perfect

If the guy has done it for 10 years, you probably don't have to wait 20 years for the next one and can plan accordingly rather than falsifying a report and Risk being proven a liar.

What exactly did you swear an oath to uphold anyway?
Reality bro. I’m not in uniform anymore so only honor matters to me.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Also from Rockport

Except when it comes to the Cowboys, then he only has tolerance for one side.

Crime = nuanced

Sport fan = binary

I think this tells us all we need to know. Enough said
For you it obviously does. But you have no clue so enjoy yourself.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
I understand that but in criminal court. But in the court of public opinion that is not the case. Ultimately more people are hurt by the court of public opinion/rumor mill than the actual court system.
Well, no one has ever been sent to prison by the court of public opinion so I’m going to have to disagree.

plasticman

Reaction score
This has got to be one of the most volatile points of Richard Sherman's life. Ever since he was 8 he was probably the first kid picked when choosing teams for a street game. everybody wanted him.

Now, training camp begins in a week and a he still had no team. I realize this happens to all NFL players eventually and most handle the situation better.

The wives of professional athletes are far more than just pretty faces living the life because they "hooked" the right man. They are half family manager, half emotional therapist. Their husbands come home after a loss sometimes and they accept no sympathy, encouragement, emotional support or consolation and their wives have to feel pretty helpless. I'm sure many come to an understanding that it's okay for him to find a place where he can be alone for a little while.

I hope everything works out for the entire family. I hope Sherman finds a way to come to terms with the change in his life that will be soon to come, if not now.

pancakeman

Reaction score
Later in the call she said Sherman drank 2 bottles - one Vodka and one Hennessy. ........it was the vodka that got
him in trouble.
clear alcohol I think tends to make drinkers more violent and crazy.
Vodka and Tequila ! are not good.
Uh, I think in this case it was really the volume that was the issue.

terra

Reaction score
Well, no one has ever been sent to prison by the court of public opinion so I’m going to have to disagree.
They have had their lives ruined by it though so your rather cavalier dismissal of the consequences is frankly ill informed at best.

Status
Not open for further replies.