Richard Sherman describes Mahomes

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
2014 was a run. We win one playoff game and on the verge winning another to make championship game. That’s what I’d call a run.

Danny Whites were definitely runs. Even deeper runs.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
If that game was won, the road to the Super Bowl wasn't an impossible reach.
We could have been the Bears that year.
Of course but we didn’t so there was no run which was the discussion.

I’m not sure broadening the definition would fit Atanta Cowboys critique?

foofighters

Reaction score
Mahomes has some Romo in him? What would that be?

Can't be INTs because Mahomes limits throwing INTs, while Romo used to throw lots of them. Seems more like a Dak comparison in that aspect.

Maybe the comparison is towards being a gunslinger which Romo was even though Dak proved this year he could sling it just as much as Romo and would have broken Romo's single season passing franchise record if he hadn't been intentionally held back throughout the 4th quarter of the Week 17 game this season against the Commanders.

Maybe it was the scrambling in the pocket comparison to Romo even though Mahomes is not as good a scrambler in the pocket as he is a much better runner the way Dak is?

Sounds like Mahomes has more qualities in comparison to Dak than he has with Romo.
Dude, you're still at it? Goodness. Romo threw lost of INT's? No, he didn't. His TD/INT ratio was pretty good. It was better than Aikman's. There was a time frame (2006-2015) where he ranked in 4th in that ratio in the 4th quarter. That's pretty clutch. When you die, it's going to be just like Citizen Kane

America's Cowboy on his death bed: RRRRROOOOOOMMMMMMOOOOOO!!!!!!

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Mahomes has some Romo in him? What would that be?

Can't be INTs because Mahomes limits throwing INTs, while Romo used to throw lots of them. Seems more like a Dak comparison in that aspect.

Maybe the comparison is towards being a gunslinger which Romo was even though Dak proved this year he could sling it just as much as Romo and would have broken Romo's single season passing franchise record if he hadn't been intentionally held back throughout the 4th quarter of the Week 17 game this season against the Commanders.

Maybe it was the scrambling in the pocket comparison to Romo even though Mahomes is not as good a scrambler in the pocket as he is a much better runner the way Dak is?

Sounds like Mahomes has more qualities in comparison to Dak than he has with Romo.
Lol...Take it out back to the alley with Sherman, I'm betting you'll kick his butt!

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
2014 was a run. We win one playoff game and on the verge winning another to make championship game. That’s what I’d call a run.

The point here is "almost" doesn't count in the NFL. Winning one game does not constitute a run, and even if it did, doing it only once over the course of a career is not impressive.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Except some people cant take jokes...it was funny, but you found yourself taking it serious.
Except no one laughed at it....so if a joke is told and no one laughs at it then maybe it wasn’t a joke after all? But I’m glad you got a tickle out of it. That’s all that matters.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

How is losing your one and only playoff game considered a run lol? That’s not even a step. That’s barely waking up from a nap let alone a run.

starfan1

Reaction score
How is losing your one and only playoff game considered a run lol? That’s not even a step. That’s barely waking up from a nap let alone a run.
well to be fair my guess is if we had current QB it wouldn't have been a run it would have been a disaster or choke job

baltcowboy

Reaction score
What about the play against JJ Watt, the Broncos, the Falcons, the Giants, the Eagles, the Commanders, the Packers, the Saints.......not to mention the punctured lung game.

Give him Troy's teams, and Romo has at least three Super Bowls. He was the victim of Hillbilly Jerry.
All good points. Would have loved to see what he would have done in 2016. Hindsight is 20/20 but would have loved to see him brought back for the 2nd Giants game.