Richard Sherman describes Mahomes

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We deal with negative plays and stats.

And we’ve definitely had some players I’d describe as negative talent. Lol

Omer's just in it for the sake of argument. We deal in negatives constantly. "negative influence" for example.

He made a haphazard "joke" an now doubling down. Poor fella doesn't know when to quit.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Omer's just in it for the sake of argument. We deal in negatives constantly. "negative influence" for example.

He made a haphazard "joke" an now doubling down. Poor fella doesn't know when to quit.
You need to read the context. This started with me making a comment in jest, and others refused to take it that way.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
So, you are saying Dak's stats were in the negative? I don't think I've ever seen a QB that finished with negative yardage and TD totals. I guess I missed that Dak was the first.

The idea of negative talent is just words, not a reality. You can't make it to the NFL with no talent, much less negative talent, and realistically a person cannot have less talent than no talent.
I didn’t realize this was about measuring talent or Dak.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I didn’t realize this was about measuring talent or Dak.
That was the whole foundation of this. A poster made a comment that there was no comparison between Dak and Mahomes, and in fact, there is less than no comparison. I made a comment - in jest - that he must have flunked math. He took offense, and after I explained that it was meant in jest, he left it alone, but you jumped in as if there was a serious argument going on and took a side.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You said he was on teams that never could make a deeper run. I’d argue the 07 and 14 team had potential and opportunity to do so.

"The only criticism of Romo is that he never played on a team that made a run in the playoffs. His career is a stark reminder that football is a team sport and coaching matters."

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
"The only criticism of Romo is that he never played on a team that made a run in the playoffs. His career is a stark reminder that football is a team sport and coaching matters."
Yep, it's not that he or the team couldn't make a run in the playoffs, it's that they didn't make a playoff run. They had the ability, they just didn't do it.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
That was the whole foundation of this. A poster made a comment that there was no comparison between Dak and Mahomes, and in fact, there is less than no comparison. I made a comment - in jest - that he must have flunked math. He took offense, and after I explained that it was meant in jest, he left it alone, but you jumped in as if there was a serious argument going on and took a side.
I missed all of that. I jumped in on the math thing. Please carry on.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
But I’d argue he did. If you’re a drive or possession away from making a championship appearance that’s a team capable.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
But I’d argue he did. If you’re a drive or possession away from making a championship appearance that’s a team capable.

It doesn't change the fact that it didn't happen. Its like crediting Danny White with a super bowl b/c he got victimized by the catch. We would like to and he was good enough, but the history books don't credit "almost".

erod

Reaction score
He mentioned Romo last. That may be Sherman talking about Tony turning it over in big moments and trying to put that in Mahomes head.
That's not it at all. Sheesh. He saw Tony's magic first hand on many occasions, including that magical day in Seattle in 2014.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Mahomes has some Romo in him? What would that be?

Can't be INTs because Mahomes limits throwing INTs, while Romo used to throw lots of them. Seems more like a Dak comparison in that aspect.

Maybe the comparison is towards being a gunslinger which Romo was even though Dak proved this year he could sling it just as much as Romo and would have broken Romo's single season passing franchise record if he hadn't been intentionally held back throughout the 4th quarter of the Week 17 game this season against the Commanders.

Maybe it was the scrambling in the pocket comparison to Romo even though Mahomes is not as good a scrambler in the pocket as he is a much better runner the way Dak is?

Sounds like Mahomes has more qualities in comparison to Dak than he has with Romo.
Man crush in full effect!!!! Lol

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It doesn't change the fact that it didn't happen. Its like crediting Danny White with a super bowl b/c he got victimized by the catch. We would like to and he was good enough, but the history books don't credit "almost".
2014 was a run. We win one playoff game and on the verge winning another to make championship game. That’s what I’d call a run.

Danny Whites were definitely runs. Even deeper runs.