Rickey To Be Welcomed Back, Serve 4 Game Suspension

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
I suspect Ricky is not running from drug tests and failed tests. You don't leave that much money on the table for a four game suspension.

His problems, if it's true he has social anxiety disorder, is much more deep rooted than that. Ricky fears people or rather being around them. While it's irrational so is any other phobia. Unfortunately it's real for him regardless of how foolish it may appear. Imagine a phobia about being around people. Then try to be not only a NFL player but a star and one your team revolves around. Ricky is more motivated by fear than failure, success, money or whatever. And his use of drugs is to treat himself. While I don't condone it and it leads to secondary consequences, drug use is not his main problem.

In fact marijuana probably is a great drug to treat his symptoms. Unfortunately for him it's illegal. I'm not saying it should be either and I don't want to go there. All I'm saying is IMO THC probably is more effective than Paxil for treating his symptoms.

Call me a bleeding heart but when someone's only crime is that he is afraid of being around people then I have a great deal of compassion. I am discounting his marijuana use and I'll give you that one if you want to be a purist.

And I don't think the best advice to give Ricky is "well if you're so afraid of people then just stop being around them. Then you wouldn't have any problems". That's not a healthy alternative for Ricky.

Think what you want and I won't judge you or anyone for their views. I just see this as a healthy way to view Ricky's problems and I hope he gets all the help he needs.

Hoods

Reaction score
TheSkaven said:
I'd normally agree, but I think they really like LaMont Jordan. It's really not a good fit.

If I had to pick a team out of the hat that needs a RB, I'd say Browns would be a good fit.

With Cedric Benson, his clone? No way.

Oakland had Jerry Porter and they still grabbed Randy. I can see the same thing happening...

kidcard76

Reaction score
tons of god given football tallent and ability wasted on the mind of a child... ricky williams is a tremendous football player... ricky williams is just horrible at life... and that will be his downfall in the end

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
With his weight loss, it is still hard to imagine him making it back to where he was physically.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Ricky Williams - the football player

I saw him in a season ending game a few years back against the Pats in person. He ran for +- 180 yards that day. At what 235? He ran as fast as any back I have ever seen at that size, or smaller for that matter. Not talking 40 time, football eye time. He was unstoppable that day.

That is a tremendously gifted athlete. I hope he gets his house in order. If dedicated I see no reason he won't be a 1200 yard back in the future. Hopefully he has taken off the year to clean his system. I might need to archive search - there was a lively thread on this topic a year ago.....

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nors said:
I saw him in a season ending game a few years back against the Pats in person.
Nors at a Pats game, what a shock. :eek:

I swear this stuff is so priceless. You couldn't get the best Hollywood writers to write a better storyline. :D

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
Who cares if he's back? I sure don't and I'm sure that alot of players on his team don't really care either.

It may be just a matter of time before he's busted again anyway.

I'm just glad he's not on our team.

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
How do u lose THAT much wieght smokin weed? I mean that's wat crack does to u. 240- down to 195. Thats crazy

5 Super Bowls

Reaction score
jobberone said:
I suspect Ricky is not running from drug tests and failed tests. You don't leave that much money on the table for a four game suspension.

His problems, if it's true he has social anxiety disorder, is much more deep rooted than that. Ricky fears people or rather being around them. While it's irrational so is any other phobia. Unfortunately it's real for him regardless of how foolish it may appear. Imagine a phobia about being around people. Then try to be not only a NFL player but a star and one your team revolves around. Ricky is more motivated by fear than failure, success, money or whatever. And his use of drugs is to treat himself. While I don't condone it and it leads to secondary consequences, drug use is not his main problem.

In fact marijuana probably is a great drug to treat his symptoms. Unfortunately for him it's illegal. I'm not saying it should be either and I don't want to go there. All I'm saying is IMO THC probably is more effective than Paxil for treating his symptoms.

Call me a bleeding heart but when someone's only crime is that he is afraid of being around people then I have a great deal of compassion. I am discounting his marijuana use and I'll give you that one if you want to be a purist.

And I don't think the best advice to give Ricky is "well if you're so afraid of people then just stop being around them. Then you wouldn't have any problems". That's not a healthy alternative for Ricky.

Think what you want and I won't judge you or anyone for their views. I just see this as a healthy way to view Ricky's problems and I hope he gets all the help he needs.

Why is it that if someone screws up it is not their fault? Nobody in their right mind would commit murder. Does that make anyone that does insane? We have to start showing our kids and our peers that if you do something illegal it comes with consequences. I am sick of hearing about poor ricky. He has a disorder that makes him this way. Not everyone is born with a sickness. He made some choices along the way that made him not want to be around people. I would suggest that while he was at Texas he didn't want to be around strangers just so he could smoke pot. It might have snowballed from that. Stop making excuses for everyones faults. :banghead:

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Muhast said:
How do u lose THAT much wieght smokin weed? I mean that's wat crack does to u. 240- down to 195. Thats crazy
I think he lost that much weight, by not working out. Muscle weighs more than fat. If he's not working out, he's losing muscle mass. I don't think he'll get back to 240 before the season, however I could reasonably see a 15-25 lb gain.

What this says to me is that 195 is closer to his after football life than the 240.

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
Hostile said:
Where is TO rumored to the Raiders? Haven't seen that at all.

Owens' case is, of course, the most highly-publicized one in the NFL in the off-season. His agent, Drew Rosenhaus, has layed the odds at 50-50 of Owens reporting to camp on time, less than that if the Eagles don't "work with me" on Owens' request for a new contract.

Will T.O. be with the Eagles? It's his call. We're all in the dark on this one.

Corey Simon is another mystery for us ...

032105-SIMON2.jpg
DT Corey Simon: Will he be in camp on time?