Ricky Williams Fails Drug Test

neosapien23

Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
True because it stays in the body longer but again don't do it and you can pass any test out there. It is not the test fault that weeds stay in the body longer and the NFL again has a right to protect their investment and they will continue to test and players who seem to lack some common sense will continue to get suspended.[/quot

The NFL could test hair samples. Cocaine is detectable in hair samples for about 3 months I beleive. There are more thorough tests for finding steriod users that can detect "maskers" as well. I think more thorough tests could be implimented. Its not fair to the clean players to have to compete against the Romanoskis of the NFL.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
neosapien23 said:
Doomsday101 said:
True because it stays in the body longer but again don't do it and you can pass any test out there. It is not the test fault that weeds stay in the body longer and the NFL again has a right to protect their investment and they will continue to test and players who seem to lack some common sense will continue to get suspended.[/quot

The NFL could test hair samples. Cocaine is detectable in hair samples for about 3 months I beleive. There are more thorough tests for finding steriod users that can detect "maskers" as well. I think more thorough tests could be implimented. Its not fair to the clean players to have to compete against the Romanoskis of the NFL.

I agree with you. Until then this is what they are working with and as I said they have it a lot easier than most of Americans who are required to take drug test. It takes 4 positive to get suspended for 1 year yet many who are required to take test in the real world are gone after 1 positive.

neosapien23

Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
neosapien23 said:
I agree with you. Until then this is what they are working with and as I said they have it a lot easier than most of Americans who are required to take drug test. It takes 4 positive to get suspended for 1 year yet many who are required to take test in the real world are gone after 1 positive.

I don't disagree with your statment at all. If you or I failed a grug test, we would be fired on the spot.

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
Thought you'd like an update ...

February 22, 2006 6:30 a.m. EST

Andrea Moore - All Headline News Staff Reporter
Miami, FL (AHN) - Running back Ricky Williams is appealing a positive drug test that could force the Miami Dolphins champion to sit out the 2006 season.
If the positive test result is upheld, it would be Williams' fourth violation of the NFL's substance-abuse policy, and thus, at least a one-year suspension.
Previous positive tests were for marijuana, which Williams acknowledged using. But the latest test involved a drug other than marijuana.
According to the Miami Herald, two unidentified sources say Williams failed a test for a substance not publicly known. His latest positive test was first reported by Denver television station KDVR.
A ruling on the appeal isn't expected until April. Williams was the 1998 Heisman Trophy winner and the 2002 NFL rushing champion.
Williams retired and sat out the 2004 season but returned last year to play for new Miami coach Nick Saban. Before being allowed to return, Williams served a four-game suspension at the start of the season for his third violation of the drug program.

This whole thing smells bad to me. I'm not one to shout "conspiracy," however, [from a Miami GM standpoint] doesn't this lock the doors for Rocky to stay with Miami, or ...[from a Ricky Williams standpoint] why would this millionaire decide/take the risk of failing a drug test, knowing the consequences, and taking intyo consideration the history of substance abuse and the stigma he carries? It is my understanding that his performance on the field was starting to improve, but then this!?:confused:

Kangaroo

Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon said:
Thought you'd like an update ...

February 22, 2006 6:30 a.m. EST

Andrea Moore - All Headline News Staff Reporter
Miami, FL (AHN) - Running back Ricky Williams is appealing a positive drug test that could force the Miami Dolphins champion to sit out the 2006 season.
If the positive test result is upheld, it would be Williams' fourth violation of the NFL's substance-abuse policy, and thus, at least a one-year suspension.
Previous positive tests were for marijuana, which Williams acknowledged using. But the latest test involved a drug other than marijuana.
According to the Miami Herald, two unidentified sources say Williams failed a test for a substance not publicly known. His latest positive test was first reported by Denver television station KDVR.
A ruling on the appeal isn't expected until April. Williams was the 1998 Heisman Trophy winner and the 2002 NFL rushing champion.
Williams retired and sat out the 2004 season but returned last year to play for new Miami coach Nick Saban. Before being allowed to return, Williams served a four-game suspension at the start of the season for his third violation of the drug program.

This whole thing smells bad to me. I'm not one to shout "conspiracy," however, [from a Miami GM standpoint] doesn't this lock the doors for Rocky to stay with Miami, or ...[from a Ricky Williams standpoint] why would this millionaire decide/take the risk of failing a drug test, knowing the consequences, and taking intyo consideration the history of substance abuse and the stigma he carries? It is my understanding that his performance on the field was starting to improve, but then this!?:confused:

Ask Leon Lett and Russell they failled 4 ; it is called an addiction