Twitter: Rico gathers Arrested Friday

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
"Stupid rumor"? The idiot was arrested for weed the night before final cutdowns! That's called a fact, not a rumor.
Shorty, the rumors of this guy being cut started over a week ago. And then the weed thing happens the night before cuts. He's not going anywhere.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Wow he made 53 in spite of being arrested.....I'll have my crow fried.
Do you believe that? He doesn’t start or get evaluated with the 1s all preseason. He gets arrested and likely suspended unless he passes a drug test and has a really good excuse for being in a car with 2 oz of weed. And makes the 53? You would think he was Witten in his prime or something. Man better be worth it. Did anyone hear if he was in the car by himself?

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Says you. The guy is a playmaker, something we haven't had in 7 years at the TE position.
Seriously, what's with the Gathers fetish?
He's literally done nothing but a few catches vs scrubs in preseason.
"playmaker" is laughable.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I don't want a guy who's more interested in his rap career and clam-baking right before cuts IN PUBLIC.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I don't want a guy who's more interested in his rap career and clam-baking right before cuts IN PUBLIC.
In public!! I know the random testing is done at the end of August. So players that passed and aren’t in the drug program are free to smoke it up till April. UNLESS YOU BLAB IN ON SOCIAL MEDIA LIKE IRVING OR GET BUSTED SMOKING A BLUNT IN PUBLIC. What are these kids thinking, I guess they are not. I am growing real tired real quick of this kid. He has done nothing for this team but collect a check so far.

Reactions: G2

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
A few catches? Guess you don't watch preseason or training camp highlights. If you did you would know. But you're right, Jarwin, Swaim and Schultz are really standing out.

Jipper

Reaction score
Says you. The guy is a playmaker, something we haven't had in 7 years at the TE position.

Are we talking about Rico? What plays has he ever made except some preseason jump ball catches against Wal-Mart greeters?

If you want to say he has potential based on athletic ability I agree 100 percent, but he has not done anything

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
A few catches? Guess you don't watch preseason or training camp highlights. If you did you would know. But you're right, Jarwin, Swaim and Schultz are really standing out.
Yes, a few catches. Go watch the games again. Unless you're lumping another offseason he's done nothing.
And he's clearly not smart. Swaim and Jarwin are clear 1 and 2 and got significantly more time with the starters. Gathers got none.

Pants

Reaction score
rico = doofus, dumb as a bag of rocks...but I am glad to see since they kept him, we will continue to see the front page of the 'zone filled up with threads about a guy that hasn't taken a legit NFL snap

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Are we talking about Rico? What plays has he ever made except some preseason jump ball catches against Wal-Mart greeters?

If you want to say he has potential based on athletic ability I agree 100 percent, but he has not done anything
Witten never made any of the highlight catches Rico has made in his entire career.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Yes, a few catches. Go watch the games again. Unless you're lumping another offseason he's done nothing.
And he's clearly not smart. Swaim and Jarwin are clear 1 and 2 and got significantly more time with the starters. Gathers got none.
Doesn't mean anything. Garrett is one of the worst talent evaluators around.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Haha...ok...that tells me all I need to know about your perspective
If Rico gets in due to injury or gets any significant playing time he will become the starter and Swaim or Jarwin will not get it back. Paypal $100?

aria

Reaction score
Don’t forget how tall he is! I heard the Cowboys are setting a new trend and other teams are now sending scouts to NBA games.

Reactions: G2

Aven8

Reaction score
Rico is suspect anyways. Doesn't he know their are the new vape pens out there that don't smell? What is this 2012?!? ;)

Jipper

Reaction score
If Rico gets in due to injury or gets any significant playing time he will become the starter and Swaim or Jarwin will not get it back. Paypal $100?

Dude, first off I don't bet money with people I don't know.

Second, I never said he couldn't play, but I said he has not done anything in the nfl...you are the one that made a statement saying in effect he was superior to one of the reatest TE of all time.

Again all Rico has done is made a few athletic catches against scrubs....lets not act like he's the second coming of gronk