Twitter: Rico gathers Arrested Friday

tm1119

Reaction score
It’ll be a big deal because of the NFL by-laws.

In case you’re unaware, as far as the league’s concerned, it’s a no-no (see: Gregory, Randy).

You’re conparing apples to dining room chairs between this and Gregory.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This culture thing is the only thing you keep hyping about that scrub lol. Sad

It isn’t, though.

But it’s true that culture isn’t an issue in Dallas right now. And a knucklehead practice squad TE who was struggling to make *this* TE roster getting popped for MJ the night before cut downs doesn’t change that.

Frosty

Bigdog24
Reaction score
Are you kidding? They still give you more years in prison for weed possession than cocaine possession. Another story for another forum. But just saying.

The Weed must be really, really good stuff...so good NFL players choosing weed over playing in the NFL and making millions.. keep a huffing and puffing your life away....:huh:

visionary

Reaction score
I just posted my tame on Rico and the RKG thing here, but I’ll reiterate that team culture 100% has been strong in Dallas under Garrett and that offseason suspensions aren’t a measure of how tight or focused a locker room is.

A bubble player not making the roster again because he doesn’t care enough to do the right things isn’t the proof that the team has a culture problem that you seem to think it is.

:laugh::thumbup:

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Wow....:laugh:

:lmao2:All I can do is laugh @ this .....

So...I take it Randy Gregory and Rico won't be rooming together anytime soon????:lmao:

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

:popcorn:There's not enough drama and sabotage already? Gotta add to it? :facepalm:
He either knew he wasn't going to make it, or, he was celebrating and felt that adolescent surge of invulnerability that eclipses judgement.
What was he doing to get caught? Driving recklessly in TWill's repaired Lamborghini?

davidariust24

Reaction score

He wasn't convicted but just to be in a position to get arrested is very stupid. He had to realize he is a bubble player . If you get a blemish like this other teams aren't going to call you. His football career is probably over. Like by 99 percent. How could you get arrested so close to hearing if you've earned a spot or not? You're a target already for a story just because you played for the cowboys . That means normal I can do what I want anytime I want without being seen is over. If he is cut he has no one else to blame

Jinxx13x

Reaction score
An arrest & conviction counts as a positive test. If he's not in the program, he will be now. But this doesn't mean a suspension is coming. If this is his first offense, it doesn't include a suspension. He'll likely plead guilty, pay a $500 - $1000 fine, and if the Cowboys keep him, he'll be subject to random testing. For most players, they are tested once a year, and if they're clean, they don't get randomly tested. Now, Gathers will be randomly tested.

Not sure if he's a marginal player, if the Cowboys keep him or not.
Thanks for the clarification Jumbo always appreciated !

waldoputty

Reaction score
If hes on the bubble I doubt they keep him now. Smh

Man this pisses me off. I gave up on him only to have him win me back over so that he could do this.

As if his stupid tweets and numerous distractions weren't enough he is then dumb enough to pull this. Too busy to learn your job but ya got time to party. Screw you Rico, please cut this fool!

if he was not on the bubble (my believe), this puts him on the bubble.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This culture thing is the only thing you keep hyping about that scrub lol. Sad

The “culture thing” is what was posted about in this thread. That’s why it is being discussed. Idgit didn’t just throw it out there out of the blue to prop up Garrett.

Garrett has his flaws, but that doesn’t mean any fantasy argument anyone can dream up applies to Garrett

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
Wow. They still arrest people for that?

Good job Texas!

They still do in about half of the States in the Union. It is only legal in 9 or 10 states for recreational use. Whether you disagree or not, if you are going to live in one of the states that do not permit it, you face risks for possession.

And it is against the rules of the profession he has chosen. He is an idiot.

Silverstar

Reaction score
I guess we'll just have to put him on the PS again..at least until all this gets sorted out.

:grin:

Frosty

Bigdog24
Reaction score
If it’s a misdemeanor could be looking at a 1, maybe 2, game suspension. And with the way the NFL handles things it wouldn’t surprise me if it comes next year.
I think the bigger issue would come if the NFL served him with a “surprise” drug test. If I’m not mistaken a failed test is worse than a misdemeanor possession charge.

No team is going to want a project player that got arrested for drugs and facing a suspension..... RICO ended his NFL career before it ever began

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Rico off to Europe to play BB? CFL? Or one of the new pro football leagues?