Rico Gathers enters plea agreement stemming from marijuana arrest

Cowfan75

Reaction score
Maybe your correct, does not really change the point being made.

It does, actually, because the point he made was people who smoke are lazy and unmotivated. That is a sweeping generalization and it is false.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I am gonna laugh when they don’t suspend him. Crawford is a starter for us so he will get 2 games. Rico gets arrested with weed and they won’t say a word. Unless we start using him in games and he scores a td. Then goodell will suspend him.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
I got nothing against marijuana especially when comparing to other narcotics.

However, these are NFL policies as they are other workplace policies and it is what it is when you want your work opportunities.

You can't drink or smoke pot in other work places and opportunities.

Randy Gregory is enough to handle, we don't need a 4th string TE that is never going to get it to keep relating us to these issues.

Wish we cut this guy a long time ago. There's no walk in him, just a lot of talk.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I got nothing against marijuana especially when comparing to other narcotics.

However, these are NFL policies as they are other workplace policies and it is what it is when you want your work opportunities.

You can't drink or smoke pot in other work places and opportunities.

Randy Gregory is enough to handle, we don't need a 4th string TE that is never going to get it to keep relating us to these issues.

Wish we cut this guy a long time ago. There's no walk in him, just a lot of talk.
When it happened I assumed the FO would release him immediately. Gonna use him as a example saying enough is enough because it wasn’t going to hurt our team anyways since he wasn’t actually playing.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
When it happened I assumed the FO would release him immediately. Gonna use him as a example saying enough is enough because it wasn’t going to hurt our team anyways since he wasn’t actually playing.
Exactly.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
There are heroin addicts who have successful lives but its the exception rather than the rule . Seen to many young people with drive and ambition start smoking weed and watch the fire disappear from there belly .

They were not lazy or stupid just succumbed to peer pressure and let the weed burn them out and kill there motivation just like we have seen happen in the NFL with these young players .

I have known absolutely zero people who used heroin and led successful lives. Maybe they once did, before the heroin. To say someone who smokes weed and has a good life is an exception to the rule is totally false.

Again, moderation is key, and there are going to be people who abuse everything. In Rico's case, he can't play football, anyway.

Londonboy

Reaction score
Wonder if He'll be Our "Message Guy"
The back end of the roster type Who gets cut for a rules infraction to "send a message", while lapses by More needed Players get tolerated.

BillyBates

Reaction score
Im so tired of these weed smokin dope heads . It kills there drive to do anything constructive . Cant count how many I have fired over the years because they smoked weed and get lazy .
That crap just takes the eye of the tiger right out of them . I have no patients for these fools that complain there are no opportunities for them and just flush millions down the drain because they cant discipline themselves .

Who cares whats safer . To play in the NFL you cant smoke weed . Right or wrong that's the rule that goes with that job along with the opportunity to make a fortune. My heart bleeds that these Militant Brats just cant have everything there way
Bravo Sir :clap: I couldn't possibly agree more. how in the world can anyone throw away a 6 to 7 digit income to smoke left handed cigarettes? you must be on dope to even consider this behavior. This team like all others try to assemble the best talent that can be afforded. fill positions by prioritizing as needed. just to have idiots pull the carpet or rolling paper out from under this teams feet. I'm sure there parents are real proud too...idiots.

Birch_Wood

Reaction score
It does, actually, because the point he made was people who smoke are lazy and unmotivated. That is a sweeping generalization and it is false.
I took as personal experience working with those who smoke the wacky tobacky.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I have no sympathy. They tell you when they are testing you. They raised the amount that can be found in your system before it comes back positive so you don’t have to quit for long to clean up and pass. After you pass then they don’t test you again until next year as long as you don’t take to social media and rub it in there faces or get arrested for it. And they pay you MILLIONS..

When you are as good as Irving and Gregory then you pass the tests and play and work for 5 or 7 years and save your money. Then live the rest of your life high.

Get out of my face about making a employer change there rules to make something ok to do that’s illegal federally. Of the USA makes it ok federally then jump on them to allow it.

And I am sick of hearing them throwing stronger legal drugs out there to make it ok for them to do something that’s not allowed. If you don’t want to take what is legal then don’t. If you want to try doing it and getting away with it then go for it, but when you blast it on socially media and get busted 4 or 5 times and get suspended then it’s your fault.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Man, there must be a marijuana vending machine in the locker room or something.

Weed dealers outside of Cowboys headquarters...

On pay days during the 2018 season:

Gregory: What will I do with this weeks $47K paycheck..

DLaw: I need to speed my 1 million dollar paycheck for this week on something good. Last week I bought a human and sent him for plastic surgery to look just like me. He's going to take all of the drug tests for me.

Gregory: I need to save up for one of those but I'm using all $47K on the good weed this week.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
His blocking has improved
Honestly I never got why we didn’t work him into the offense but I assume there were issues I don’t know about
But either way his contract ends after this season and he will be someone else’s

Rico is RFA in 2020. If we like him at all, we'll keep him.

I have heard from people who looked at Rico particularly that his blocking has improved. I believe it. I think last year was really the first time he focused on it. Maybe he'll work in the offseason this year and make a mark this year. We do like having a blocking TE.

Jarwin is the receiver, Schultz is the balanced, and Rico the blocker. That could be ok.
Witten will take time from someone, but probably not Rico.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Atleast suspended players don’t count against your 53 roster
If he wasn’t already an offender it’s just the arrest part
He should be back soon to continue his HOF career from the bench
Yes,, the master plan continues...

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I hope this doesn't slow the course of his training.
After all, he's on schedule to contribute in 5 years .
It's a process.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Dam, what the hell is it with all of these pot heads on the team.
I am guessing over half the player in the NFL use it. Our team is full of ones that don’t know how to keep it on the low low. Or clean up in time for a drug test. You have to fail several before we even find out.

Crazed Liotta Eyes

Reaction score
I am guessing over half the player in the NFL use it. Our team is full of ones that don’t know how to keep it on the low low. Or clean up in time for a drug test. You have to fail several before we even find out.
Yes, it's ridiculous. Really easy to pass these tests if they just pay attention. The fact that they even have to worry about it is ridiculous in itself.