Twitter: Rico Gathers : I barely play football

GenoT

Reaction score
If ex-Div1 basketball player Rico Gathers was destined to be a major-league professional athlete, he’d already be playing in the NBA G League or in Europe, working his azz off and trying to make an NBA roster.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
I’d still rather have slow Witten than a kid who barely can stay healthy or even catch a football.

I’d still rather draft a te to take over for Jason then take a shot on another experimental kid.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
ROFL.. this is like an old school choose your own adventure....

Gotta love it.
His post says next to nothing. He's barely played football... simple fact. Doesn't mean he's uphappy in Dallas or that he wont be great next year.
He's simply saying he's barely played football and that's accurate.

People infesting this with their own agenda is hilarious and sad.

Notes:
1. Participation trophies... has zero to do with this. He hasn't asked for anything and isn't celebrating anything. James Harrison is a PED freak and not an example of anything useful. He spit on his own career as a Steeler by signing with NE to gravy train it to a SB under Tom Brady.
2. Jason Witten has zero to do with Rico Gathers not playing football before now. Blame his decision to play basketball primarily. Dallas had TE spots wide open behind Witten. Still do. He's gotta learn the position.
3. Rico will get his shot again in training camp and pre-season. Under a new TE coach who may value his athleticism more.

armadillooutlaw

Reaction score
I heard "I've barely played football", not "I barely play football". He's probably an overconfident dude, but i wouldn't be so quick to assume that means he has a poor work ethic.

Supercowboy1986

Reaction score
I don't disagree with anything you wrote, I too agree that people are reaching to be mad at the team/organization for whatever x y or z reason.

Players moving teams for their own interest is the new wave. I know this comparison may be an apples to oranges comparison to some but I think the Kevin Durant to golden state move would be the rough equivalent to Harrison to the pats.

Granted Harrison isn't the second best player in the league but my point is there is hardly any team loyalty and real rivalries anymore because most players want to play with their friends (moreso with the NBA) or build "super teams" to win championships. I think social media just shaped the way players interact amongst each other and the fans which has led to this.

I think players want the Instant gratification of being a champion (and feel more pressured to win due to endorsements and trolls) than years past because they are more visible and accesible because of the existence of social media.

Gotta love it.
His post says next to nothing. He's barely played football... simple fact. Doesn't mean he's uphappy in Dallas or that he wont be great next year.

Notes:
1. Participation trophies... has zero to do with this. He hasn't asked for anything and isn't celebrating anything. James Harrison is a PED freak and not an example of anything useful. He spit on his own career as a Steeler by signing with NE to gravy train it to a SB under Tom Brady.
2. Jason Witten has zero to do with Rico Gathers not playing football before now. Blame his decision to play basketball primarily. Dallas had TE spots wide open behind Witten. Still do. He's gotta learn the position.
3. Rico will get his shot again in training camp and pre-season. Under a new TE coach who may value his athleticism more.

Last edited:

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
Yeah. But not because he is any good, or because he is the best tight end on the roster. He's not.

Cause we draft knucklehead, non blocking, non catching TE’s. Just think we could of had Hunter Henry.

cern

Reaction score
I'd be surprised if we waited that long.
if the right guy were available, i'd take one with the first pick. witten still plays well, but he's not an offensive threat. we need someone like reed, ertz,, graham, gronk, Kelce, et. al.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
One tweet and the amount of differing opinions, conclusions and judgement in various areas as amazing.... Only among Cowboys fans.

bark

Reaction score

Gotta love it.

Notes:
Solid

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
he can say whatever he wants. I'm cool wit it. The only issue I have is with the organization not coaching,mentoring, and monitoring the players.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
Gonna be a big party in Dallas tonight with G Easy. Lots of cowboys will be there. If I get a chance Ima ask him bout the remarks.

Mess with me and get some money
:dance::dance::dance:

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
He's one of the "losers" that Charles Haley was talking about. Can't win with that type infecting the team with his loser mentality. I'm afraid it's an epidemic on this team. The undeserved entitlement attitude will never get this team another trophy. Rico Gathers is no competition for Jason Witten.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
"Y'all witnessing history. Y'all ain't never seen an athlete like me.....(soon to be working at McDonalds)."