Twitter: Rico Gathers : I barely play football

Verdict

Reaction score
I am....but nobody was really tackling in that game and all the youth etc out there, and when he would make a catch it really stood out. I was embarrassed actually.

It is crazy that he can't play worth a damn and he is still taking every single snap.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am....but nobody was really tackling in that game and all the youth etc out there, and when he would make a catch it really stood out. I was embarrassed actually.

Apparently, being nimble and graceful are overrated traits for a TE or Gavin Escobar would be destroying the league.

Aven8

Reaction score
It is crazy that he can't play worth a damn and he is still taking every single snap.

It's sad, but true. He can still get you 5-7 yards but that's about it. If we go into next season with no new TE's this passing offense will be awful again. The TE is huge in this offense we play.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
It's sad, but true. He can still get you 5-7 yards but that's about it. If we go into next season with no new TE's this passing offense will be awful again. The TE is huge in this offense we play.

Agree, hate when it is 3rd and 9 and we hit him with a 5 yard pass play. We might as well have quick kicked it on 2nd down or as least take a shot down the field.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Rico was nothing more then a Experiment, it appears to be a failed one, I expect us to draft a TE in the 3rd or 4th rounds

Gather was progressing his rookie year and then spent his 2nd year on IR. So every player that spend his 2ndyear on IR should automatically be cut? I said from the getgo that it was a waste to spend a high 2nd round pick on gimpy. So far in 2 seasons he's had a couple of good plays his 2nd year but was slow, out of position and missed tackles the rest of the snaps he played his 2nd year. Gathers was taken in the 6th round and it's not uncommon to draft projects in the 6th round, 2nd round - YES, projects drafted there is a complete waste of the pick.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Typical of the entitled and 'already arrived' attitude on this team

#thxjerryandgarrett

Exactly! I would like this a hundred times. This team has zero accountability. No fear. They have 1 good season and everyone is anointed. This moron is lucky to be on a roster. I was hoping he was the next TE but clearly another Cowboys mental midget. This team is impossible to root for.

Whyjerry

Reaction score

Sigh.....where's the cowboys front office at? Someone needs to be monitoring these foolzz

Thanks for posting. Another guy to root against. Player free for all as long as Mr. Gloryh—- is in charge. What a joke. The Witten bashers want this guy to be the next TE? Please. A Mt Everest drop off in talent and leadership. This team is such a joke.

dwreck27

Reaction score
Sounds like someone who loves football and becoming a pro bowl TE

Culture. It’s lacking