Twitter: Rico Gathers : I barely play football

Iron_Man

KevinU
Reaction score
i was hoping to see Rico be the future, but I am ready to move on... There are some solid TEs in the draft, not an experiment.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
I don't know why everyone wants to move on from Rico. At this point do we even really trust our FO and coaches to make the best decisions when it comes to tight ends? He was stashed this year and was not even able to develop or practice. So he probably got frustrated and looked for another career. From what we saw in preseason why he got stashed is beyond me. So just to be clear he was injured for 2 weeks with the concussion he posted a tweet that said I'm ready to play soon in late august then nothing after that when they put him on I.R. to stash him.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
if the right guy were available, i'd take one with the first pick. witten still plays well, but he's not an offensive threat. we need someone like reed, ertz,, graham, gronk, Kelce, et. al.

Even though Witten is not a threat down field, I'm not sure it would have mattered anyway since Dak isn't good throwing the ball over the defense anyway. Dak needs a TE like Witten who can win the underneath battles. Though I agree it would be nice to find a TE who can "do it all", replacing Witten isn't going to be as easy and many on here assume.

stilltheguru88

Reaction score
People still won’t acknowledge that he didn’t even say what the OP stated :facepalm:. Is it not a fact that he’s barely played football? Again, keep wondering why these athlete ignore your snot nose kid when he asks for an autograph. Pathetic responses in here

CowboyMort

Reaction score
He posted this a few hours ago. Probably got a little heat.

https://t.co/8Ojjbrhix6?amp=1
8Ojjbrhix6

Wolf2k5

Reaction score
We should all be analysing the lyrics of every rap song the Cowboys put out on Twitter and take them literally.

For instance Cole referred to himself as “a dog” on the field when in fact canines are not allowed in the NFL. Why is nobody talking about this?

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I don't disagree with anything you wrote, I too agree that people are reaching to be mad at the team/organization for whatever x y or z reason.

Players moving teams for their own interest is the new wave. I know this comparison may be an apples to oranges comparison to some but I think the Kevin Durant to golden state move would be the rough equivalent to Harrison to the pats.

Granted Harrison isn't the second best player in the league but my point is there is hardly any team loyalty and real rivalries anymore because most players want to play with their friends (moreso with the NBA) or build "super teams" to win championships. I think social media just shaped the way players interact amongst each other and the fans which has led to this.

I think players want the Instant gratification of being a champion (and feel more pressured to win due to endorsements and trolls) than years past because they are more visible and accesible because of the existence of social media.
Harrison had already own a Super Bowl and was simply on the tail end of a career.
A former Defensive Player of the year and Steeler all time great he decided to sign a partial year deal with the Pats to go to the SB again.

But, yes, the participation trophy stuff is generally just a waste of money for leagues and no where near the societal problem that being a front runner is.
Watching parents keep their kids in leagues well below their level all because they are scared to take losses and develop is one of my largest youth sports pet peeve.
When those kids are forced to face their own level of comp they cant handle it and fold.

Grown men concerned about whether a random 7 year old got a participation trophy really should take a long look in the mirror, lol.
There really is no bigger example of a triggered snowflake than that.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
well with a knot as big as a melon on his head, he didn't play any football.... lmao...... cut Witten, knotthead is a hof'er

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
People still won’t acknowledge that he didn’t even say what the OP stated :facepalm:. Is it not a fact that he’s barely played football? Again, keep wondering why these athlete ignore your snot nose kid when he asks for an autograph. Pathetic responses in here

And your response was the opposite? Otay.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
We should all be analysing the lyrics of every rap song the Cowboys put out on Twitter and take them literally.

For instance Cole referred to himself as “a dog” on the field when in fact canines are not allowed in the NFL. Why is nobody talking about this?

You just did.

3rd_n_inches

Reaction score
Rico Gathers seems like he is currently appealing to an audience that will purchase his music.

Zordon

Reaction score
"a bunch of a damn losers"

tom landry is rolling in his grave at what this franchise has become.