Twitter: Rico throws shade at Witt?

khiladi

Reaction score
The guy got drafted while not playing a single down in college and is still on the roster. He suffered injuries and was shut done in 2017.

Remember the rumors that the team was trying to call Witten back out of retirement...

Dallas is supporting Randy Gregory’s re-instatement and want him in camp. Anybody bringing up weed in the context of Rico is delusional.

Reaction score
Witten is old, slow and a progress stopper. He should have stayed retired. He shouldn't be on the team.

Gathers is a full blown idiot and can't play. He shouldn't be on the team either.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
If he was actually any good he would have earned his favoritisms I actually think they favored him by keeping him around. He had the chance last year to become what he thinks he is and he didn’t
that guy Bennett was pretty good, and he was in the exact same spot as Rico. Bet people on here did the same thing and said Bennett was dumb, didnt run good routes, had a bad attitude and on and on.
Rico is is 100% correct. Those of you saying he needs to do this or do that..... have you watched the games when he was given a chance? He did more in his pre season opportunities than any other TE on our roster..... but. but.... he doesnt know the plays and he cant block and he likes oatmeal for breakfast.... blah blh blah.

LittleD

Reaction score
Witten is old, slow and a progress stopper. He should have stayed retired. He shouldn't be on the team.

Gathers is a full blown idiot and can't play. He shouldn't be on the team either.

Even though he's slow, he's much better than Gathers will ever be at anything. Gathers may be throwing shade but, the bright spotlights
of Jerry and Garrett will boot Gathers into the Walmart employment line where he belongs.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
he maybe putting in the work, but may not be talented to be good. we assume because we "dream" and "fantasize" as if he is the next Gates....at this point he is a very limited route runner and even in preseason I have seen him run just a couple of simple routes......he has had success in preseason against 4th and 5th string scrubs....against better players he has struggled.

I don't disagree. He's shown some ability, but because he's adjusting to the game, it's hard to know exactly how good he can be. What we've seen may be as good as he can get, and that's obviously not good enough to warrant much playing time. I tend to think since he's learning the game that he can be better than what he's shown, but he might not get there in time to stick with Dallas or even with another team. The salary cap system isn't built for the type of long-term development it might take for Gathers.

Doomsday101

Reaction score

Witten can only control his play, it falls to other TE on the team to go out and earn it. Last season Witten was not in the lineup yet no one stepped up. This is pro football if those other TE want a bigger role then go out and take it. I have no doubt if Jarwin or some other TE is making plays that they will give them more playing time.

Satchel89

Reaction score
What Rico posts on Social Media is more entertaining than anything he's done in actual game which isn't saying much

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Even though he's slow, he's much better than Gathers will ever be at anything. Gathers may be throwing shade but, the bright spotlights
of Jerry and Garrett will boot Gathers into the Walmart employment line where he belongs.
I find it hilarious how people try to say what Jason will or will not be. He hasnt played in 2 years and was already old and slow when he left. But you can unequivocally say, he is better than Rico today.....bahahahhaah

GMO415

Reaction score
He had the best opportunity to step.up.last season and he didn't. So yeah, stand in Witts shadow because he's unable to shine.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I wish they would just give him a start and let Dak go for him, he did it in the giants game with Jarwin.. Lets see what we have.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
All I have to say is the last time a talented athlete at TE was disgruntled with his Dallas Cowboys playing time, left the Cowboys, became a Pro Bowler, and has more Super Bowl rings than Jason Witten (by getting 1 Super Bowl Championship).

Coaches and the Cowboys jocks and socks GM determines playing time. It is not Jason Witten. We know what brilliant football minds we have at Head Coach and GM for the Dallas Cowboys.

Cut him and see if NE picks him up, then we will see what happens. Until then, he is going to be last on the depth chart in Dallas.

glimmerman

Reaction score
All I have to say is the last time a talented athlete at TE was disgruntled with his Dallas Cowboys playing time, left the Cowboys, became a Pro Bowler, and has more Super Bowl rings than Jason Witten (by getting 1 Super Bowl Championship).

Coaches and the Cowboys jocks and socks GM determines playing time. It is not Jason Witten. We know what brilliant football minds we have at Head Coach and GM for the Dallas Cowboys.

Cut him and see if NE picks him up, then we will see what happens. Until then, he is going to be last on the depth chart in Dallas.
He should have gotten on JJ good side. Swaim and Jarwin did.

glimmerman

Reaction score
When Witten was brought back in he was supposed to understand that he would be limited on his snaps and he was ok with it.. Now I am hearing the FO is saying that once again Witten will be in charge of when he comes off the field. And I don't like that, in the past he would never take himself out even when exhausted and it never gave another TE a chance to develop or get into the game, Witten gets tired and refuses to take himself out and the you get the offsides and false start calls and holding calls...

Last edited:

glimmerman

Reaction score
Funny. That's why the Cowboys will never when a Super Bowl with Jerry Jones as Head Coach and GM.
But we are still gonna watch all the games and root for them.. LOL. The players and other staff will have to win despite it.. The talent has to over ride the coaching and GM..

Reid1boys

Reaction score

exactly... and the man has shown more play making ability in the very few chances he has had than any other TE on the roster. Made me sick how they used him last year.

jrumann59

Reaction score
As much as I don’t really want to defend him, no, this is not him throwing shade at Witten himself.

If anything, he was throwing shade at whoever determines the depth chart.
Even without Witten he was 3rd or 4th TE