Rico was left on IR even tho he was healthy

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
I think the plan was to PS or DL Rico the entire year no matter what, he showed a ton of althleticism but still needed a lot of work on his blocking.

And people went nuts over keeping Kellen Moore but its a huge gamble to roll with a UDFA as your primary backup QB, especially early in the season. Kellen Moore had started in the NFL and Rush needed some time in practice for the team to feel comfortable with him. The team went 4-12 two years before because of craptastic play from backup QBs, I don't blame them for taking the "better safe than sorry" route.
Dak isn't Romo we dont need to make roster decisions based on the qb most likely being injured

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Exactly

Rico made the 53 man roster and KMoore did not

No one claimed KMoore yet we panicked and put Rico on the IR and re-signed KMoore

KMoore was released 6 weeks later and wer promoted Jarwin to 53 instead of bringing back Rico

We wasted a year of Rico on the team practicing for 6 weeks of KMoore and 4 snaps from Jarwin
the concern was for back up QB, being an undrafted FA. I never liked Moore, but I can understand where there was concern. Once the team felt confident that Rush could be an adequate back up...Moore was gone.

Jarwin was moved to 53, to protect him for this year, since Philly was trying to sign him off of our practice squad to their 53. so we moved him to active roster Rico was on IR so he was safe from being signed. I am not high on Rico to begin with, so I don't look at it as waste. everyone is writing his ticket to HOF and as the Witten replacement.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
the concern was for back up QB, being an undrafted FA. I never liked Moore, but I can understand where there was concern. Once the team felt confident that Rush could be an adequate back up...Moore was gone.

Jarwin was moved to 53, to protect him for this year, since Philly was trying to sign him off of our practice squad to their 53. so we moved him to active roster Rico was on IR so he was safe from being signed. I am not high on Rico to begin with, so I don't look at it as waste. everyone is writing his ticket to HOF and as the Witten replacement.
If you couldn't see his athleticism jump off the screen last preseason I don't know to say to you

Swaim, Jarwin, Schultz, Hanna, Escobar don't have it

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
If you couldn't see his athleticism jump off the screen last preseason I don't know to say to you

Swaim, Jarwin, Schultz, Hanna, Escobar don't have it
I didn't say I didn't see his athleticism....but can he play football? does he know blocking? where to put his hands? how to run block? how to pass block? how to run routes? which foot forward? which foot to cut against? does he know all the routes?, etc..... there is a lot of good athletes but it doesnot mean they are good football players otherwise every Olympic 100 meter sprinter would be a speed WR....

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
I didn't say I didn't see his athleticism....but can he play football? does he know blocking? where to put his hands? how to run block? how to pass block? how to run routes? which foot forward? which foot to cut against? does he know all the routes?, etc..... there is a lot of good athletes but it doesnot mean they are good football players otherwise every Olympic 100 meter sprinter would be a speed WR....
We don't need him to block

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
We don't need him to block
all TEs need to know how to block and at least protect their QB.

and does he know how to run routes? its one thing to get away with athleticism against 3rd and 4th stringers. 1st stringers are all athletic, that's where football skills are critical....