FEATURED ***** RIP John Madden *****

dcstar

Reaction score
Since I remember the days of the old AFL n NFL...Dallas was my team in the NFL and Oakland in the AFL. John Madden was a great coach and gentle giant and all a round good human being. I couldn't have been more happy for another human being than I was when Mr Madden won the Superbowl with Mr Stabler et.al.

Even though the Cowboys N Raiders never met in the big game back in the 60's or 70's...I often wonder who I would have pulled for back in the day.

RIP Mr Madden.

AyeAtey

Reaction score
They didn't make too many of that kind of a coach, for sure.

TRUTH87

Cowboy for Life
Reaction score
wow. i remember as a kid playing madden and his iconic voice alongside Pat Summeral.

RIP LEGEND :starspin:

mrmojo

Reaction score
RIP Coach. Madden was one of a kind, as a coach and a color man he will never be duplicated. Him and Summerall bring me back to the 90s Cowboys.....most of that team was on his all Madden teams. No one today, no one, has brought that type of personality to the game.

Prayers are with his family.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
NO! This really sucks. Madden was my favorite announcer of all time. He made the game fun and interesting. It could be the two worst teams in the league playing, and Madden would make it interesting. But he really made the Cowboy games interesting, those great teams of the 90s, that is.

This is a huge bummer. The game lost a lot today.

bigE79

Reaction score
I will always love Madden,loved watching him when he was coaching that crazy *** raiders team..he will be surly missed, especially by us that grew up in the 70s...Rip coach

Outlaw Heroes

Reaction score
There are people you never get the chance to meet that you can still honestly say made your life better. John Madden was one of them.

R.I.P. big guy. Hope you and Pat are watching through the hole in the roof this Sunday.

ArbynTX

Reaction score
What sad news. I was stunned when I saw the thread title.

Football icons like John Madden are few and far between. May his zeal for the game, his intensity in broadcasting and his contributions to the NFL be forever remembered. RIP Mr. Madden.

https://www.***NOT-ALLOWED***/s/l6hpf4bhi0mj5ef/IMG_0185.jpg?raw=1

Last edited: