***Rip on Romo Thread***

Zman5

Reaction score
rcaldw;4162294 said:
Look, I just respectfully disagree with you. I actually believe that they have gotten more out of Romo than anyone ever expected. He wasn't drafted you know? Regardless, I HOPE Tony has a great year, and finishes with a Super Bowl win before he is finished. I root for him every week.

That's fine if you want to disagree. I'm not here to have everyone agree with me.

Romo was doing fine before JG got here. Statistically we had the best offense in 2006 before JG took over the offense. He were both in top 5 in yards and scoring. We haven't had that since JG took over the offense.

rcaldw

Reaction score
Zman5;4162311 said:
That's fine if you want to disagree. I'm not here to have everyone agree with me.

Romo was doing fine before JG got here. Statistically we had the best offense in 2006 before JG took over the offense. He were both in top 5 in yards and scoring. We haven't had that since JG took over the offense.

Like I've said, no one will change your mind. We are #6 in the NFL right now, scored 30 on Sunday. 30 on a VERY tough Detroit defense.

I can't change your mind... enjoy the games.

jblaze2004

Reaction score
Zman5;4162311 said:

didn't we have sean payton then? (im really want to know the answer)...Did we have t.o....or was it keyshawn and terry glenn tearing it up.

Zman5

Reaction score
jblaze2004;4162317 said:
didn't we have sean payton then? (im really want to know the answer)...Did we have t.o....or was it keyshawn and terry glenn tearing it up.

We had Sprano as the OC.

rcaldw

Reaction score
Zman5;4162322 said:
We had Sprano as the OC.

Poster on Miami Dolphins fan site.... I read it 5 minutes ago.... "Sparano is winless and clueless."

But to YOU he is a genius.

If you look at Romo's numbers under Sparano, and his numbers under Garrett, they are better under Garrett. In addition, Sparano had Romo for ONE YEAR as a starter (and I think that wasn't the complete season). Sparano's performance before that wasn't top 5. Finally, just like other sports (baseball for example), the longer a player plays, the more the league gets their number. They know what a guy likes to do, what he doesn't like to do, and they try to force him to do what he isn't good at. I think Garrett has done a great job, and so has Romo, of being pretty consistent at being good.

I also think that Sparano is a good coach in a bad place (Miami), but my only point is that you and others have a "grass is greener" mindset, and sometimes where you think the grass is green someone else (like Miami fans) think it is brown and dead. A prophet is not without honor except in his home town.

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
Doom say;4157912 said:
Cool! Going in March, can't wait!

Dude we took a hour long No Door Helicopter tour with Inter-Island Helicopters and it was a religious experience.

Saw the whole Island...including the Jurassic Park Falls...Na Pali Coast...Waimea Canyon...and a ton more.

There were only 4 of us on the flight and me and my wife had the two back seats...just fantastic.

It was $275 a piece and worth every penny.

If you want the best Sunset on the Island...go to the Beach House in Koloa on the South Side

This place is Heaven on Earth.

Ren

Reaction score
Zman5;4162311 said:

Our 06 offense was no where close to our best and Romo had his fair share of stinkers that year too. Our best statistical offense with him came in 07 under Garrett when we where #2 only behind NE who set all kinds of records that season

UVAwahoos

Benched
Reaction score
Ren;4162544 said:
Our 06 offense was no where close to our best and Romo had his fair share of stinkers that year too. Our best statistical offense with him came in 07 under Garrett when we where #2 only behind NE who set all kinds of records that season

It's pretty safe to say that Garrett's stock has considerably dropped since that 2007 season. His offenses have been productive, but he lacks in-game management skills. He has now reigned over the two great collapses in franchise history. I agree with the notion that he is hindering Romo's progress. Romo is taking all the heat for this, but you'd be hard-pressed to find anyone who can honestly defend the 2nd half coaching in that game. Garrett comes off as a skinnier version of Andy Reid at this point. He keeps you good, but will never get you over the top. It's just a shame that Romo is getting all the blame for this

UVAwahoos

Benched
Reaction score
Zman5;4162289 said:
What is the main job function of a coach? To teach. At any level in sports, that is the main job function of a coach. JG has failed in this regard with Romo.

If Romo has a 90s version of Holmgren and crew as his coach, I'm sure Romo would have had more success in the playoffs. With JG as his OC, Romo will be more less what we've seen past few weeks. Great one game, and a bum the next.

We're sitting through this learning curve of Ginger trying to figure out how to coach while Romo is taking all the heat for clear coaching mistakes. He has been OC for years now. There's no excuse to have such poor in-game management and adjust skills at this point. Romo might already be a super bowl champion with better coaching.

bluenut

Reaction score
sacase;4161815 said:
Couldn't you just put this in the Romo Bash thread, I mean really its not like you are providing a unique opinion

No..I couldn't because I am not bashing him. If you READ my statements, I'm not calling him a loser or saying he sucks. Big difference, bud.

Stautner

Reaction score
UVAwahoos;4162833 said:
We're sitting through this learning curve of Ginger trying to figure out how to coach while Romo is taking all the heat for clear coaching mistakes. He has been OC for years now. There's no excuse to have such poor in-game management and adjust skills at this point. Romo might already be a super bowl champion with better coaching.

Sorry, but even with a 24 point lead, with most of the second half of the game yet to be played we are still playing football and not just "managing" the game. You pull back some, which we did, but you can't handcuff your offense and hope to hold on for that much time. You need some extended drives to wear down the clock, not a few runs and a punt. That strategy works late in the game, but not with most of the 2nd half yet to play.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Stautner;4162887 said:
Sorry, but even with a 24 point lead, with most of the second half of the game yet to be played we are still playing football and not just "managing" the game. You pull back some, which we did, but you can't handcuff your offense and hope to hold on for that much time. You need some extended drives to wear down the clock, not a few runs and a punt. That strategy works late in the game, but not with most of the 2nd half yet to play.

The only rule we needed to adhere to was not to turn the ball over, and if you do, at least give your defense a chance to stop them from scoring. We failed to do both.

You don't stop passing, but you need to protect the ball, even if it means taking a sack and punting.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Stautner;4162887 said:

Here are a couple of articles that I wish others would read, too.

http://thelandryhat.com/2011/10/03/dont-blame-romo-for-the-loss-to-detroit/

http://thelandryhat.com/2011/10/04/dont-blame-romo-update/#more-9910

I know most people don't actually click on links and read, but these explain it pretty well.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
sacase;4161815 said:
Couldn't you just put this in the Romo Bash thread, I mean really its not like you are providing a unique opinion
Mentally picture someone not having the opportunity of not posting their typical commentary within an already established thread dealing with the same subject matter.

Then picture that someone instantaneously combusting from that inner frustation.

Now ask yourself, "Do you really want anyone out there in cyberspace turning themselves into a charcoal briquette over uncontrolled self-frustation"?

Don't be so cruel.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score

Greatestalltime

Benched
Reaction score
Isn't the grooming thing what we are doing with McGee? Knowone we have or can get in the near future will be able to beat out Romo.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
bluenut;4161765 said:
This is getting old...quick. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure this one out. I'm not saying to bench him or even trade or release him. I AM saying we should start figuring out who our next QB is now. Either through the draft, free agency or maybe "he" is already on our roster.
My point is that Romo, is just not that guy.

so - it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure this out...

but we don't bench him.
we don't trade him.
or even release him.
but we should figure out who will replace him.
one day.

maybe we do need a rocket scientist.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
sacase;4161982 said:
Come on now Hos you know me. It just gets old seeing people start threads Bashing Romo because they feel that their particular bash needs its own thread. Just put all the Love romo threads in one thread and all the bash romo threads in another. Makes it easier to navigate the board and we can talk football facts not fan over reaction.
That's what I mean. Everyone thinks their thought on a revolving topic is novel and unique and deserving of a unique thread. Drama.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Hostile;4162905 said:
I quit reading that site recently when it was almost as absurd as The Bleacher Report. Any chance you'll clarify?

If not, it's fine.

What's absurd about it? I agree that Bleacher Report is 90% worthless. These are far better, and make sense.

It basically details what would've happened time-wise if we'd just not turned the ball over. If I quote enough of it to detail his argument, it will just auto-link anyway.